How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged

Sep 6, 2006
I would say more likely a long one. Covid situation hopefully to improve in Spring when the backlog can be completed

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Not sure that's fair if I'm honest. There's lots of factors that someone can get the virus, from being reckless when going out to simply receiving a parcel.

What happened if we had to postpone because the cleaner at Charlton brought it into the away dressing room and we had half a dozen cases as a result? Would you happily let the next team have 3 points?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If safe the EFL will want to get as many games played as possible to avoid too many games being played later or to not have the season extended by too much.

You now just expect Argyle games to be called off, we've just played a team in tier 4 and have two more teams from tier 4 visiting Home Park.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Seems to be lot more cases affecting League One teams at moment.

Suspect early 2021 will see lot more restrictions for more places, who knows elite sport might even be suspended again.

While the vaccine is on the way, there will be a limit to how far the season can be extended due to the rearranged Euro 2020 which starts in June. While not a factor for us, there will be an impact for some sides with international players.

Apr 9, 2011
Just wondered what are the chances of the season finishing? I see there are a load more matches off tonight due to covid , teams will soon be having to play three times a week to catch up on the back log , cant see that being sustainable in the long run!

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
Play until the season is done. If that goes past August 2021 then so be it - the football bodies decided once upon a time that’s when seasons started. Yes there’s logistical challenges but wouldn’t be insurmountable, they can always change it to accommodate and be agile (like any modern organisation)?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
EFL MATCHES CALLED OFF DUE TO COVID
December 29

CHAMPIONSHIP

Millwall v Watford

LEAGUE ONE

Peterborough v Charlton

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Bristol Rovers v Portsmouth

Fleetwood v Doncaster Rovers

Hull City v Lincoln

Rochdale v Crewe

AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich Town

LEAGUE TWO

Bolton v Morecambe

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I wonder if tonight could be the last Argyle game for a while. The way things are deteriorating I think there will have to be very drastic action on all fronts if the current rate of virus spread is to be halted and football could be one of the casualties. This would be bad news but we have to get through the next few months and an extended season may be inevitable.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
As we all know Covid and its variant is spreading at pace around the country, affecting society in every way.
Professional football is no exception and yet with all the precautions, players, staff and families are also now being affected.
From the Premiership down match fixtures are being postponed in large numbers.
I think there will need to be an enforced 'circuit-breaker' temporary shutdown sooner rather than later.
Any thoughts?

Mar 14, 2009
Tony Pastyman":499syf7h said:
As we all know Covid and its variant is spreading at pace around the country, affecting society in every way.
Professional football is no exception and yet with all the precautions, players, staff and families are also now being affected.
I think there will need to be an enforced 'circuit-breaker' temporary shutdown sooner rather than later.
Any thoughts?

Look at the matches called off in league one recently. If the premier league with their amounts of money are having trouble trying to contain it then what chance do lower league clubs with less resources?

If you remember at the fans forum there was a fear if Argyle didn’t play their games, even when they had Covid-19 positive tests back, that there could be repercussions.

So Argyle now sit in league one having done all the right protocols. Except there are teams with games in hand over us who now have the advantage of the January transfer window with these games in hand.

Another issue is the length of the season. Argyle were worried about a backlog of games. Teams would be at a disadvantage with fixture pile ups. However, l fully expect because of the sheer volume of clubs affected over the coming weeks with Covid-19 that the season will be extended. Again, taking Argyle’s advantage away by making sure they fulfilled their fixtures.

We benefited last season. I think this season might see us on the other side of it.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":3dpmoise said:
Tony Pastyman":3dpmoise said:
Any thoughts?

Look at the matches called off in league one recently. If the premier league with their amounts of money are having trouble trying to contain it then what chance do lower league clubs with less resources?

If you remember at the fans forum there was a fear if Argyle didn’t play their games, even when they had Covid-19 positive tests back, that there could be repercussions.

So Argyle now sit in league one having done all the right protocols. Except there are teams with games in hand over us who now have the advantage of the January transfer window with these games in hand.

Another issue is the length of the season. Argyle were worried about a backlog of games. Teams would be at a disadvantage with fixture pile ups. However, l fully expect because of the sheer volume of clubs affected over the coming weeks with Covid-19 that the season will be extended. Again, taking Argyle’s advantage away by making sure they fulfilled their fixtures.

We benefited last season. I think this season might see us on the other side of it.
Yes, fair comment.