Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Take a fudging pew.

Absolute anti climax of a player on 6k a week for this return.

Cheerio

Mar 23, 2008
He's so good to watch but his end product is minimal, especially compared to his predecessor. We are still a better team with him in it but perplexed why his scoring and assist ratio so low for his talent.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Deacster":3991klai said:
He's so good to watch but his end product is minimal, especially compared to his predecessor. We are still a better team with him in it but completed why his scoring and assist ratio so low for his talent.
I’m sorry but he’s just a waste of talent in what he’s capable off.

So so disappointed in him

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
He created the goal we did score.

Our main issue is being too soft defensively, but I guess there has to be a scapegoat.

I’d advise taking a few minutes at least after the final whistle, before taking a pop at our own players.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Possibly but there’s a few underperformers that should bear the frustrations this season and he’s certainly one of them

Mar 14, 2009
He is playing in CM.

Imagine asking Carey or Lameiras to beat a player in midfield knowing you then still have the rest of the opposition defensive line to beat.

I would be frustrated if l had the talent of Mayor but was asked to play a deeper role where you can’t hurt the opposition from the half way line.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Some harsh criticism. He isn't the player we were led to believe and isn't in the Carey class but still warrants a place in the team. I thought he was pretty good tonight overall.

Aug 15, 2015
Just not good enough. We need to stop with the reliance on him as though he was the Neymar or Ronaldo in our team. Maybe start playing George Cooper in an advanced attacking role and bring Mayor on for a change. Something different. I feel sorry for Camara, having both MacLeod and Mayor in midfield with him. Poor lad can't run the whole midfield all by himself.

Mar 23, 2008
It is a fair to say the system let's him down. Played as a No.10 as Carey was afforded and I think we might see a different player.

Jun 27, 2019
Mayor and Camara were the only two players who looked likely to make something happen tonight.

If people are looking to take their frustration out on someone they should aim it at the Muppet Show defence. Canavan, Aimson and Watts made it far too easy for Oxford to get their goals, and Cooper didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

Another shocking chapter in the depressing saga that is Argyle's defensive woes.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Scapegoatism at its best.
Argyle's best player tonight.
If you want to point fingers then watch a replay of their player for their second goal and the absolutely pathetic attempt by Moore to follow him into the box... Totally unprofessional and gave them the lead. But its Mayor who gets bollocked because its popular.
Try watching the other ten too.

Mar 8, 2016
Thought he played quite well to be honest. He’s the player that gets us Up the pitch and into good positions, I’d rather he was in our team than playing against us that’s for sure. He’s no Graham Carey though.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
up_the_line":2hum7e4v said:
Scapegoatism at its best.
Argyle's best player tonight.
If you want to point fingers then watch a replay of their player for their second goal and the absolutely pathetic attempt by Moore to follow him into the box... Totally unprofessional and gave them the lead.

Agree on Mayor. How come every commentator picks him out as the player for Argyle to get on the ball and do damage and every Pasoti malcontent the reverse. He was one of the few to impact including his beautifully weighted pass that led to the fist goal. So, his end product isn’t as good as Carey, or Lameiras, but neither of them play in a green shirt now so let’s stop the comparison now as it’s tedious. He’s our most talented player by a country mile and targeting him isn’t going to help. And we aren’t going to pile them in during January, so we need to get behind this lot because not much is changing personnel wise.