Steve Evans | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Evans

Aug 24, 2009
This man should be told to find another job, He is a disgrace to our sport. The referee had a good game today yet Evans still gave him grief both during and after the game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Horrible horrible man. Found the right club though.

Apr 9, 2011
Agree entirely i forgot what a vile man he is until his antics today reminded me, imagine playing for him & having a poor match

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3v8wpab6 said:

Have you met him? He puts pressure on refs yes. That's for the ref to deal with if he goes over the top. The game needs characters even have figures. Imagine if everyone was as boring as DA.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Balham_Green":ha499im2 said:
IJN":ha499im2 said:

Have you met him? He puts pressure on refs yes. That's for the ref to deal with if he goes over the top. The game needs characters even have figures. Imagine if everyone was as boring as DA.

Characters I'm fine with but he comes across as obnoxious and thoroughly unpleasant.

Jul 14, 2008
Worth reading Ben Smith’s autobiography if you haven’t already
‘Journeyman: One man's odyssey through the lower leagues of English football’. It’s an excellent read and is also very enlightening about some of Steve Evans’ management ‘techniques’.

Sep 6, 2006
saxman":2pejo94g said:
Balham_Green":2pejo94g said:
IJN":2pejo94g said:

Characters I'm fine with but he comes across as obnoxious and thoroughly unpleasant.

Again have you met him?

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
charlieboy":3myp4hx3 said:
This man should be told to find another job, He is a disgrace to our sport. The referee had a good game today yet Evans still gave him grief both during and after the game.

I agree. I first came across him when I was stood near the dugout when he managed Crawley some years ago. A constant stream of foul language and nastiness directed at the officials and anyone else that took his fancy along with tactics based on thuggery and time-wasting. How he has lasted so long doesn't say much for the authorities.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I've met him (one of my closest friends played for Boston) and can confirm the bloke is a total ****

He is a scumbag pure and simple. I'm all for winners and competitors, but nothing is/was beyond him (as his criminal activity confirms) - he would start an argument and fight literally wherever he went. Agree the game needs characters, but not his type.

I could tell you a host of things that I've heard about from very reliable sources to his antics, discrimination and deception are at the heart of most.