A friendly word | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

A friendly word

Pasotimods

Apr 30, 2007
Hi everyone

Whist results haven’t been as good as we would have liked PASOTI has been a good place for us fans to vent and discuss what's happening. That said in recent weeks we have had a few complaints about some posters that are reoccurring. We rarely act on complaints unless there is something offensive or law breaking and we actively encourage different opinions, it’s what makes PASOTI what it is.

This message is to let everyone know that we are keeping an eye on things and that the rudeness/insults/bullying will not be allowed to continue. If you have an opinion by all means give it, but let’s argue the points in a civil way.

Pasotimods

Sep 6, 2006
Point noted
.No doubt my name came up. :wave: Some people can give it out but can't take it.
So does this policy apply to mods also?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Of course it does. You can’t imagine the restraint I showed on IJNs Devon/Cornwall post.

Jul 29, 2010
Cuddles

...I only read the thread title, it's just a warm hearted word association thread right?

Oct 5, 2013
When you think about it, it seems a very strange thing to do, to insult the views of other fans of the same club (or even the fans themselves by calling them idiots etc).
Perhaps the question is: would we do the same if we were sat next to the person instead of at a keyboard?
We might say we didn't agree, but we probably wouldn't insult them.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Let`s not forget that some people court controversy so by ignoring and not rising to their bait you deprive them of their pleasure. Agree with x-isle, cuddle, what a warm friendly word.

Jun 27, 2019
justanotherfan":uukf88ht said:
Let`s not forget that some people court controversy so by ignoring and not rising to their bait you deprive them of their pleasure. Agree with x-isle, cuddle, what a warm friendly word.

I make you right. And I also think if Danny Mayor left the club a lot of the infighting would stop (not that I want him to).

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":2wdh9g8u said:
justanotherfan":2wdh9g8u said:

I make you right. And I also think if Danny Mayor left the club a lot of the infighting would stop (not that I want him to).

I think that may be a tad naive, another target would quickly be chosen, historically this has always been the case.

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":86q479zj said:
When you think about it, it seems a very strange thing to do, to insult the views of other fans of the same club (or even the fans themselves by calling them idiots etc).
Perhaps the question is: would we do the same if we were sat next to the person instead of at a keyboard?

Fair enough. Passionate game though isn't it. Its not a girl guides meeting. Some are too sensitive. I just had a post removed for example for using the word idxxt in a general context against nobody in particular. Is that a banned word too now :yawn:

Jun 27, 2019
justanotherfan":r0o0wi8v said:
WoodsyGreen":r0o0wi8v said:
justanotherfan":r0o0wi8v said:

I think that may be a tad naive, another target would quickly be chosen, historically this has always been the case.

Maybe, though no other player seems to create such division.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
philevs":6go3752n said:
I always try to apply this rule to my posting style.

Apr 9, 2011
Pasotimods":2c958w2v said:
Hi everyone

Whist results haven’t been as good as we would have liked PASOTI has been a good place for us fans to vent and discuss what's happening. That said in recent weeks we have had a few complaints about some posters that are reoccurring. We rarely act on complaints unless there is something offensive or law breaking and we actively encourage different opinions, it’s what makes PASOTI what it is.

This message is to let everyone know that we are keeping an eye on things and that the rudeness/insults/bullying will not be allowed to continue. If you have an opinion by all means give it, but let’s argue the points in a civil way.

Pasotimods
Well said, glad action will be taken it is getting beyond a joke now