New Year's L1 table | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Year's L1 table

Jul 15, 2011
After Argyle's promising start to the season followed by a pretty dire run of results, I said to myself that I would wait until new year before looking at the table.

So I looked after today's game...15th with 26 points, 7 points above the relegation zone.

If I was offered that back in August I would have said yes please.

There is so much negativity in many PASOTI posts that you would find it hard to believe that we are in a reasonable position.

Yes we have been in relegation form lately, but there is a long way to go and many other teams will have bad patches in the coming months. Plus there's always one or two that plummet dramatically.

So I remain hopeful that we can hold on to our league 1 status and then build on that next year with the addition of some fresh faces in those key positions that seem fairly obviously needed.

Let's look forward to a positive next few months and get behind the team and manager.

COYG!
:greensmile:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Some people do forget a few facts:

1. Our best first 21 games in League 1 of the last 3 seasons in it (6 points and 9 points ahead of DA's 2 seasons)
2. Managed to keep fairly clear of the COVID mess (some teams are 3 or 4 games behind now)
3. If 2nd half played out like this then we'll be safe at the end of the season, a season that looked like it would never happen or that most clubs would go under.

I always expected, and hoped for, a consolidation season. Yes, there's lots of things to be disappointed about, but all in all we're above relegation and the club still exists.

Jun 27, 2019
I hoped for and expected mid-table consolidation, but there are just too many issues for me to relax and enjoy the season just yet.

1. This first-half/second-half thing suggests our manager has a worrying lack of tactical know-how.
2. Our defence is poor and RL hasn't yet shown that he knows what a decent CB looks like.
3. We're persisting with a GK who isn't League One standard, and our back-ups aren't either.
4. If anything should happen to Luke Jephcott, where are the goals coming from?

It's not all negative though and with one or two additions we should finish well clear of the dropzone.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
liverpoolgreen":3luahvjw said:
After Argyle's promising start to the season followed by a pretty dire run of results, I said to myself that I would wait until new year before looking at the table.

So I looked after today's game...15th with 26 points, 7 points above the relegation zone.

If I was offered that back in August I would have said yes please.

There is so much negativity in many PASOTI posts that you would find it hard to believe that we are in a reasonable position.

Yes we have been in relegation form lately, but there is a long way to go and many other teams will have bad patches in the coming months. Plus there's always one or two that plummet dramatically.

So I remain hopeful that we can hold on to our league 1 status and then build on that next year with the addition of some fresh faces in those key positions that seem fairly obviously needed.

Let's look forward to a positive next few months and get behind the team and manager.

COYG!
:greensmile:
Why do you and others post things like this, implying that some Argyle fans are not behind the Manager and the the team and may even want to see them fail.

We are all different and we all express our support in differing ways. As is the case with life in general, some people are more positive/negative than others.

After a run of just 2 scratchy wins in 11 games, it's hardly surprising that some fans are worried.

Some people will not say a word against Lowe or question his tactics and his selections whilst others will go into deep analysis and point out what they see as shortcomings.

However, I don't believe there are any Argyle fans who don't want Lowe and the team to succeed this season, i.e. establish ourselves back in League 1.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Out of the 92 clubs we are 29th in the calendar year table of 2020.

Experimental 361.