Macleod out again | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Macleod out again

Aug 24, 2009
There is no disputing Macleod is a good player and we are a better team with him when he is playing, however I remember RL saying a few weeks back that we were aware of his injury issues before we signed him, he spends so much time in the physio's room I am thinking do we really know what we are doing.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm not too sure about him now.

Earlier in the season he looked the real deal but over time he doesn't offer protection to the defence.
He's good with the ball at his feet, although he appears languid and he has a tendency to pass directly to the wide players meaning they have to wait to receive the ball rather than pass the ball a few yards in front so they can run onto the ball. Just a minor detail.

I think Conor Grant has been the best player in the centre defensive midfield position so far this season.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
How long is he supposed to be out for this time? I must admit, he's a player I'd love to see more of, but his injury record is really concerning.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
vibratingspider":1huz0js9 said:
How long is he supposed to be out for this time? I must admit, he's a player I'd love to see more of, but his injury record is really concerning.

Post match, Lowe claimed it was a kick on the foot and seemed to indicate it wasn't serious. We will see if he makes trip to West Yorkshire.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah, just came back to post after watching the RL interview. Sounds like a knock to the ankle but nothing serious. Not sure I'd start him against Huddersfield as he seems to be nursing a few niggles at the moment, but it would be better to keep a reasonably consistent starting eleven if we can.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
He makes us tick when we're on the ball. Much better than Fornah. But he's been at fault for two goals we've conceded recently and I'm not sure he's the messiah he's made out to be.

I'd have Bakinson back in that position any day of the week. I remember someone saying after about 45 mins of Fornah that he was much better than Bakinson :funny:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I didn't see anything that Fornah did yesterday that was any different to what McLeod does. In fact Fornah played a couple of very good forward passes in the second half to start counter attacks where McLeod would have probably passed 5 yards to a centre back putting them in a pickle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ll dispute it.

He does absolutely nothing for me at all.

Sep 28, 2003
Have to admit nobody does anything for me in this team ,we have no stars anymore ,nothing exciting to watch!
I miss Carey ,Ruben,Sarce! , we have a set of average players ,maybee Camara stands out for his work rate , but we just seem to accept mediocre football now . perhaps I am getting too old!
But I miss direct runs into the box,and shots on goal , all this tippy tappy, pass it backwards and let the other team have possession is a bit tiring !,
I cannot knock the workrate , but you need more!

Dec 29, 2016
Totally agree with that. For me all he does is pass sideways or back bit of a Ray Wilkins in that respect. Not my favourite player. Disappears in games, Fornah not firing on all cylinders, in my opinion because of lack of game time.

Jun 27, 2019
Fornah isn't strong enough to be a DM. In the second-half yesterday we lost the ball from our corner. Fornah tried to stop the breakaway but was effortlessly brushed aside by the Gillingham player. We only narrowly got away with that one.

He took the next corner and it sailed over everyone, going into touch on its way. Truly dreadful. No pro footballer should take a corner like that no matter what position they play.

He's okay but I'd much rather have MacLeod in there.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We need wingbacks.

That could move either Grant or Edwards to a CDM role.

Loose Moore, Wootton, Telford and Reeves.. bring in 1 CB, and 2 wingbacks.

Easier said than done I know but that’s what we need.