Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
John Cooper":1uoeonaf said:
https://twitter.com/Only1Argyle?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Complete joke

Dazzy3000

āœ… Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Along with us, only Northampton, Sunderland and Charlton kept a clean sheet, with Cooper facing the most shots on target.

The stats donā€™t lie.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Have to agree, that is a complete joke if true. He was all over the place with crosses and there is absolutely no wonder that the defence are flaky. On another day he would have been severely punished. Remember recently when Allison was injured at Liverpool, their defence looked very shaky and one of the reasons for that was their lack of trust in the guy behind them. To be fair to Cooper, Iā€™m sure he doesnā€™t have much confidence in those in front of him either. Classic chicken and egg.

Graham Clark

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Interesting to see that Lloyd Jones also got nominated in the EFL team of the week on his debut for Northampton

Sep 2, 2008
dazzy3000":1qxkpiyv said:
Along with us, only Northampton, Sunderland and Charlton kept a clean sheet, with Cooper facing the most shots on target.

The stats donā€™t lie.

:funny: Another example of how influential stats are...and to think that we use stats/data for our recruitment :crazy:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":wuaxs8n3 said:
dazzy3000":wuaxs8n3 said:

The stats donā€™t lie.

:funny: Another example of how influential stats are...and to think that we use stats/data for our recruitment :crazy:
As does pretty much every single professional football club.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I think this may be powered by WhoScored. I have their app and noticed that Cooper was Man of the Match (he had the highest ratings calculated based on statistics). Like someone said, clean sheet, four saves, and also decent passing accuracy for a keeper. Any of us that watched it will know that it's nonsense.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can remember Wayne Rooney missing a penalty of Man Utd once, he hit the post and a team mate smacked it in.

He got an assist. :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Surely it's a good thing for any Argyle player and the club to be recognised?

Dazzy3000

āœ… Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Lobster":2eszstcj said:
I think this may be powered by WhoScored. I have their app and noticed that Cooper was Man of the Match (he had the highest ratings calculated based on statistics). Like someone said, clean sheet, four saves, and also decent passing accuracy for a keeper. Any of us that watched it will know that it's nonsense.

Guessing you watched all the other league one games from yesterday too in order to come to the conclusion that itā€™s ā€˜nonsenseā€™?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
dazzy3000":31u3yd7r said:
Lobster":31u3yd7r said:

Guessing you watched all the other league one games from yesterday too in order to come to the conclusion that itā€™s ā€˜nonsenseā€™?

No, I think it's nonsense to say he was the best player on the pitch in our game, with a rating of 7.7/10.

Oct 31, 2015
dazzy3000":323dpqyb said:

The stats donā€™t lie.

Yea they do. Goes to show whoever picks that team did it on stats and not from info from somebody in the ground

Comical I'm afraid :funny:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
dazzy3000":1tglvqge said:
Lobster":1tglvqge said:

You didnā€™t have to watch any other game to see that our keeper had a shocking game. Flapping all over the shop and was very lucky to have a clean sheet.

Stats do lie.

Keith Whitfield

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 30, 2015
Just wondering whether the supporters of any other club would be so keen to criticise one of their own players who did the primary thing he is expected to do - keep a clean sheet. This onslaught on "one of our own" reminds me of Brian Clough calling the Polish goalie Tomaszewski a clown - and we all know what happened next.

To be honest, it doesn't matter a jot what people on here think about Coops. I'm just pleased that he is Argyle's number one and is likely to be so for some time to come. That lad has talent and what's more an incredibly strong mental mindset - and that is very important for a goalie. He'll learn from Evans' attempt to de-stabilise him and will come back all the stronger for the experience. Ryan Lowe knows that - and that is all that matters when push comes to shove.