Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Emu":rsrlwa4c said:
...has he now left Argyle?

Sure I read somewhere he was contracted until 28th Jan, pretty sure he was warming up prior to the Oxford match - well there were 3 keepers and a GK coach warming together.

Aug 24, 2009
I am very surprised, there are better goalkeepers playing in the Cornish semi pro leagues. I have watched him twice and on both occasions he was a nightmare.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
:shock:

Presumably his wage is not one of the higher ones, but, unless there remains doubts about Luke Mccormick fitness, is this a good move?

When did Ruddy last play a game? Mccormick played the final EFL Trophy game didn't he?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
To be fair, our 1st season in League 1 under Adams showed why it’s wise to have 3 goalkeepers. I'm pretty sure we ended up using seven that season in fact (Luke, Te Loeke, Cooper, Letheren, Roos, Matthews & Mannion).

Sep 2, 2008
charlieboy":3uzcoewg said:
I am very surprised, there are better goalkeepers playing in the Cornish semi pro leagues. I have watched him twice and on both occasions he was a nightmare.

Undoubtedly but they wont be showing up on any stats database that Argyle have access too so our recruiting team won't be directed to go and have a look at them.

Oct 5, 2013
Thought he looked a good handler and very keen when I watched him. Find it hard to believe we would have re-signed him if he’s no good in training.

Jun 27, 2019
For all we know he's good to have around the group in training and on matchdays. Plus he's obviously happy to be third choice - those don't grow on trees when you're a lower-league club.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WoodsyGreen":341wknde said:
For all we know he's good to have around the group in training and on matchdays. Plus he's obviously happy to be third choice - those don't grow on trees when you're a lower-league club.

Yes and maybe he is training, learning and improving?
Plus maybe RL anticipates a future sale of a keeper for good money?
Then get a new 1st string keeper in and promote the 'new improved' Ruddy to bench keeper? :think:

Oct 5, 2013
Pogleswoody":2g3xbpbf said:
WoodsyGreen":2g3xbpbf said:

Then get a new 1st string keeper in and promote the 'new improved' Ruddy to bench keeper? :think:

....and he is only 23, so masses of time to learn and improve.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
philevs":22erp7i3 said:
Pogleswoody":22erp7i3 said:
WoodsyGreen":22erp7i3 said:

....and he is only 23, so masses of time to learn and improve.

yes at least 5 months

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Pottypilgrim":24lu3nsx said:
charlieboy":24lu3nsx said:

Undoubtedly but they wont be showing up on any stats database that Argyle have access too so our recruiting team won't be directed to go and have a look at them.

And they wouldn't be able to "go and have a look" at the moment, at least not in action.

Seriously, I am surprised by the decision by Argyle unless McCormick still has an injury.
I guess Ruddy doesn't have too many options at the moment.

COYG :scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
If we lost either Cooper or McCormick to serious injury or someone was daft enough to buy either of them we would need cover. Ruddy is just that.

Not worth breaking the bank for a goalie that will rarely feature in the squad or have to use a loan place for one. Last thing we need now is another Macey.

Jun 27, 2019
Mark Pedlar":68j9ijnq said:
If we lost either Cooper or McCormick to serious injury or someone was daft enough to buy either of them we would need cover. Ruddy is just that.

Not worth breaking the bank for a goalie that will rarely feature in the squad or have to use a loan place for one. Last thing we need now is another Macey.

:lol: