Huddersfield Town
FA Cup Third Round, kick-off 6pm

Official club website.
Fans Forum.
Club Twitter.
Latest News.

The Countdown to Huddersfield

Tuesday

The match is available to watch live for free on the FA Player in the UK. The FA Player app can be downloaded from Apple and Google Play, registration is required by setting up an account using an email address and password. All you need to know about FA Player ...here.
The match will not be broadcast on iFollow.

Martin Coy is the man in the middle for the tie, so far this season he has issued 31 yellow cards and three reds in 13 games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in League Two last season when the Greens won 3-0 away to Carlisle United in January.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Paul Hodskinson and Mark Dwyer while the fourth official is Carl Boyeson.

Huddersfield Analysis
Strengths
Shooting from direct free kicks.
Finishing scoring chances.
Attacking down the wings.
Weaknesses
Avoiding offside.
Defending against attacks down the wings.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Aerial duels.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Avoiding individual errors.
Protecting the lead.
Defending against skillful players.
Style of Play
Possession football.
Attacking down the left.
Take long shots.
Short passes.
Attempt through balls often.
Opponents play aggressively against them.
Playing in their own half.

They Played For Both
Chris Billy, Phil Starbuck, Lionel Ainsworth, Mark Stuart, David Phillips, Lee Makel, Kevin Blackwell, Robbie Williams, Neil Trotman, Jimmy Spencer, Jason Puncheon, Kevin Gallen. Any more?

The winner of the game will receive £61,500 while the losers will pick-up £20,500. So far this season Argyle have won £42,472 in FA Cup prize money.
There will be no replay game, in the event of a draw at full time another 30 minutes of extra time will be played followed by, if needed, penalties.

Match preview ... Huddersfield club website.

The match will be shown live in certain countries around the world including USA, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand and more ... full details.

Wednesday

According to Sky Bet Huddersfield are 5/6 to win the game, an Argyle win has odds of 11/4 and the draw is on offer at 13/5.

Argyle have played the Terriers a total of 26 times in away games, winning five games, drawing three and losing 18. The last meeting at the Kirklees Stadium (Galpharm Stadium) was a League One game in January 2011 which the Greens lost 3-2. There have been eight FA Cup meetings and Argyle are yet to win a game; the last cup tie was a 2-0 defeat at Home Park in 1966.

The live draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup will take place on Monday 11 January at 7pm on BBC2.

Huddersfield Town fan Robert Pepper has kindly agreed to give Pasoti users an insight into his club with a Q&A ..
Q: How has your club coped through the Covid-19 pandemic?
A: I think it's fair to say that the Club has been managed very well financially, particularly given that no fans have been allowed into the stadium since the end of March last year.

Q: What are your thoughts on Head Coach Carlos Corberán?
A: A breath of fresh air! I am not alone in saying that he has transformed the style of play so that we now look forward to whatever the next match is, whereas much of our football had been hard to watch for the previous two seasons.

Q: What are your expectations and predicted finishing position in the Championship this season?
A: We are already higher than most fans expected and I am confident that we shall be no lower than mid-table this season.

Q: Without giving too much away what style of football and formation are Huddersfield likely to use against Argyle?
A: One of Corberán's hallmarks is his ability to analyse the opposition and play accordingly and I do expect him to rotate the squad but the likely formation is 4-3-3 with wing-backs pushing forwards.

Q: Looking from afar what are your views on Plymouth Argyle?
A: In normal times, I'm sure it's difficult for Argyle fans to be faced with so much travelling so top marks to them!

Q: Finally, do you have a prediction for the game?
A: Huddersfield Town has a very poor record in the FA Cup over the last few seasons but I do expect Corberán to see us into the 4th round by a two-goal margin so 2-0 or 3-1.
-------------------------------------

There are eight FA Cup fixtures that will be screened live on the FA Player with each club, including Argyle, receiving a £20,000 broadcast fee.

In a rule change for the third round clubs can name nine substitutes of which five may be used.
Teams are permitted a maximum of three opportunities (excluding half time) to make substitutions during normal time, and with the ability to carry over any unused substitutes and make a further substitution should the tie progress to extra time. 

Thursday

Huddersfield team news ... Yorkshire Live.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference ....club You Tube.

Former Argyle midfielder and current Huddersfield Academy Loan Manager David Fox talks about his time at Argyle ... Huddersfield club website.

The Terrace sponsored shirt for the game ...

Argyle and Huddersfield are ball number 1 in the draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup. The fifth round draw will also take place on Monday.

Friday

Huddersfield v Argyle Frequently Asked Questions .... club website.

Huddersfield complete the signing of winger Rolando Aarons from Newcastle United ... Huddersfield club website.

Match preview .... club website.

Terriers Head Coach Carlos Corberán looks ahead to the game ... Huddersfield club website.

Saturday

It's match day .... Huddersfield club website.

May 22, 2006
The match is on the FA site in the UK and not on i follow.

It might be of interest to some supporters that it is also being streamed live on bet365, where it may well be available outside the UK. Often streams are shown free of charge but sometimes there is a requirement to place a minimum bet (50p to watch horse racing).

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
mervyn":pnup14pk said:
Help! I’ve tried to sign on to the FA site, but I can’t get past the date of birth entry. Pressing ‘next’ simply repeats the calendar. Any ideas?

Maybe turn off and reboot....works for me sometimes.

Mar 22, 2020
Trying to sign up to fa player, keep getting the oops server error message near the end. Very frustrating. Any advice anyone please.

May 11, 2019
Green Painter":3jc594yr said:
Trying to sign up to fa player, keep getting the oops server error message near the end. Very frustrating. Any advice anyone please.

If you get stuck it’s £2:50 on I-player

Mar 22, 2020
Thanks, think I've finally registered. Needed to manually enter every digit. Any auto fill at all and it didn't work. Fingers crossed it'll work at 6

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green Painter":2qjgvp7t said:
Thanks, think I've finally registered. Needed to manually enter every digit. Any auto fill at all and it didn't work. Fingers crossed it'll work at 6

There are three other games on FA Player at 3pm that can be accessed to ensure all is working for you before we get to 6pm.