BBC podcast with Ryan Lowe

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
An interesting listen on a 5 Live podcast. Peterborough owner Darragh MacAnthony is also a guest. 35 minutes long.

Listen here.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
A good listen.

I appreciated the honesty of Ryan Lowe when he admitted his relative inexperience and the fact that he is constantly seeking advice and assistance from others in the game. I think it would be helpful to keep this in mind when breaking out the pitchforks and torches the next time Argyle seem to be faltering. He is learning on the job and in our position it is unlikely that someone else who could be described as the finished product or 'real deal' could be tempted to take the helm. If you take your chances with a young novice who has fire in his belly you have to be patient. Tony Waiters is an excellent example. :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I like him aswel. Upfront and honest. A little too ‘me’ sometimes but that’s just a confidant character.

He’ll make it one day because he cares and wants to improve.

He’s prefect for us and we’re perfect for him.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Well worth a 30 minute listen. Ryan Lowe is keen to learn from all in the game. He, also, clearly has a good relationship with Simon Hallett.

Darragh MacAnthony, the Peterborough Chairman, was an entertaining listen too, not least when it comes to doing the deal on transfers.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never warm to the Scouse accent, ever, but he's shows a lot of humility in that podcast I thought.

I'd also say that McAnthony (Sp??) came across very well also, changed my opinion of the man I must admit.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
The Posh Chairaman seemed to know (or guess) a bit about current wages, potential wages and transfer values of our current start striker :think:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Dreamgreen":25th5a1w said:
The Posh Chairaman seemed to know (or guess) a bit about current wages, potential wages and transfer values of our current start striker :think:
Really? What did he say?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
He said something to Ryan like it’s difficult to hang on to your best players when they are on £1500 a week and someone comes in offering four times that amount. He said he had struggled to keep Ivan Toney who I think he said was on £3000 a week (I may have that bit wrong) but managed to convince him and his father to wait another season and now he’s a multi millionaire. Ryan said he had never had a transfer request from a player.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
IJN":1rs044bo said:
I never warm to the Scouse accent, ever, but he's shows a lot of humility in that podcast I thought.

I'd also say that McAnthony (Sp??) came across very well also, changed my opinion of the man I must admit.

Very interesting Podcast, Hopefully hear more from Ryan and even Simon on there in the future. Came Ryan came across very well as usual in my view.

Agree with Ian though, I wasn't expecting to respect DM as much as I did through that. Changed my opinion too.