Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd)

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
So this was my first visit to Uddersfield since 2003 (albeit vuirtually). The last time I watched the game from lying on a bed in the hotel in the ground. We lost 1 v 0 to a penalty in the last couple of minutes.

Tonight we were always the better team but the final ball ( as usual ) was a bit wayward.
Their first goal bacme a gift as Watts lost his man from a corner but Cooper made a great save to concede a corner in the first place.

The equaliser came from a trunover by Mayor, a great pass by Jephcott into Hardie.

Udersfield then scored a worldy, albeit Grant and Camera failed to close the player down before he shot ito the top corner from 20 yards.

We got back into it when Camera ran on to a cross ball and slotted in-

Argyle always looked the more likely to score against a youthful side and so it proved when King Danny glided past a number of players and put it on a plate to Edwards to score the winning goal.

Well deserved and credit to Aimson and Camera but Danny MoM

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Dreamgreen":2teisbzk said:
So this was my first visit to Uddersfield since 2003 (albeit vuirtually). The last time I watched the game from lying on a bed in the hotel in the ground. We lost 1 v 0 to a penalty in the last couple of minutes.

Tonight we were always the better team but the final ball ( as usual ) was a bit wayward.
Their first goal bacme a gift as Watts lost his man from a corner but Cooper made a great save to concede a corner in the first place.

The equaliser came from a trunover by Mayor, a great pass by Jephcott into Hardie.

Udersfield then scored a worldy, albeit Grant and Camera failed to close the player down before he shot ito the top corner from 20 yards.

Argyle always looked the more likely to score against a youthful side and so it proved when King Danny glided past a number of players and put it on a plate to Edwards to score the winning goal.

Sorry but world isn't my opinion easily defended had Fornah stepped forward to challenge

I cannot see how fornah is an improvement that what Randall could be in that position, if were playing ayoungster in their it needs to be our own. Also when will Lowe do some corner and set piece work both defensively and offensively! I can't understand the mayor grant free kick routine nobody is fooled by Danny's fake run up anymore we do it every kick and as for defending them everytkme a ball goes into our back 3 it looks like going in . Tbh opoko and watts are bothe going to be decent players for someone but they are young but the talent is there

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It was a very good team performance, our first come from behind win since the QPR game in September.
You can usually tell within the first 10 minutes if we're 'on it' and today we were.

Although Huddersfield selected a young team we did struggle against their early exuberance and defended poorly for the two goals.
Just why did Huddersfield rest players when they do not have much at stake in the Championship?
It's their fault, we can only beat what is in front of us and we also have young players.

Once we got our passing game fired up and going we really put pressure on the Huddersfield defence.
The two first half goals were well worked and Mayor was involved in both, Hardie's goal should give him some confidence.

The winning goal was Mayor at his best with a jinking run to set up Edwards. Throughout the game it looked to be a tactic to get Edwards to run diagonal from his right wing-back position across to the near post so the winning goal was straight from the training ground.

As time wore on we looked so much fitter, professional and had more energy than the Huddersfield youngsters, which is expected.
Our game management late in the game was also good, something we learned from in previous games.

Just a shout out to the much and unfairly maligned Scott Wootton which may have gone unnoticed - he was brought on to play in the unfamiliar centre defensive midfielder position and made two important clearances as Huddersfield tried to put pressure on us, he also placed a perfect pass to send Camara away which nearly led to a goal for Telford but did see us win a corner from where we time managed the game.

Man of the match - Mayor.

Cooper 7, Aimson 6, Opoku 6, Watts 6, Fornah 6, Edwards 7, Camara 7, Mayor 8, Grant 7, Hardie 7, Jephcott 7.

Dec 30, 2020
Fantastic to get the win and I'm already looking forward to the 4th round draw, but the fact that it was such a young Huddersfield team is relevant. They will be - by far - the weakest opponent we'll face all season.

Even at a Championship club, most players in that age bracket will end up playing non league football. They were technically good but very naive defensively and physically not ready to play against men (how many times did we muscle them off the ball?). The subs they brought on will probably be as excited about being allowed to stay up so late as playing in the FA Cup.

Three really nicely taken goals though, and we were very professional in the second half.

Mayor was excellent, and really encouraging that Edwards, Hardie and Camara are starting to take some of the goalscoring burden off LJ

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
edengreen":2b3fge23 said:
Dreamgreen":2b3fge23 said:

Sorry but world isn't my opinion easily defended had Fornah stepped forward to challenge

I cannot see how fornah is an improvement that what Randall could be in that position, if were playing ayoungster in their it needs to be our own. Also when will Lowe do some corner and set piece work both defensively and offensively! I can't understand the mayor grant free kick routine nobody is fooled by Danny's fake run up anymore we do it every kick and as for defending them everytkme a ball goes into our back 3 it looks like going in . Tbh opoko and watts are bothe going to be decent players for someone but they are young but the talent is there i thought Jepghcotts movement was well displayed today and Camara will be gone soon, hes raw but has great energy and is the only player in that team that can tackle. Pleased for Hardie despite his dry spell he works so hard for the team

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
greenpilled":of6tl63l said:
Fantastic to get the win and I'm already looking forward to the 4th round draw, but the fact that it was such a young Huddersfield team is relevant. They will be - by far - the weakest opponent we'll face all season.

Even at a Championship club, most players in that age bracket will end up playing non league football. They were technically good but very naive defensively and physically not ready to play against men (how many times did we muscle them off the ball?). The subs they brought on will probably be as excited about being allowed to stay up so late as playing in the FA Cup.

Three really nicely taken goals though, and we were very professional in the second half.

Mayor was excellent, and really encouraging that Edwards, Hardie and Camara are starting to take some of the goalscoring burden off LJ

Since when was goalscoring a burdon? Its what forwards thive on ,surely?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":2u2nvmn0 said:
It was a very good team performance, our first come from behind win since the QPR game in September.
You can usually tell within the first 10 minutes if we're 'on it' and today we were.

Although Huddersfield selected a young team we did struggle against their early exuberance and defended poorly for the two goals.
Just why did Huddersfield rest players when they do not have much at stake in the Championship?
It's their fault, we can only beat what is in front of us and we also have young players.

Once we got our passing game fired up and going we really put pressure on the Huddersfield defence.
The two first half goals were well worked and Mayor was involved in both, Hardie's goal should give him some confidence.

The winning goal was Mayor at his best with a jinking run to set up Edwards. Throughout the game it looked to be a tactic to get Edwards to run diagonal from his right wing-back position across to the near post so the winning goal was straight from the training ground.

As time wore on we looked so much fitter, professional and had more energy than the Huddersfield youngsters, which is expected.
Our game management late in the game was also good, something we learned from in previous games.

Just a shout out to the much and unfairly maligned Scott Wootton which may have gone unnoticed - he was brought on to play in the unfamiliar centre defensive midfielder position and made two important clearances as Huddersfield tried to put pressure on us, he also placed a perfect pass to send Camara away which nearly led to a goal for Telford but did see us win a corner from where we time managed the game.

Man of the match - Mayor.

Cooper 7, Aimson 6, Opoku 6, Watts 6, Fornah 6, Edwards 7, Camara 7, Mayor 8, Grant 7, Hardie 7, Jephcott 7.
Wootton in the CDM role could work. He’s physically suited and can pass a ball.

It’s an interesting tactic by Lowe and could be a good option in certain games.

Mar 14, 2009
Camara is fantastic. I know everyone’s favourite player is Mayor, but for me Camara is something l’ve really missed as an Argyle fan.

Energy, work rate, confidence, goal scoring ability for a midfielder, tackling. Ok, l love this guy. For me when people get all excited about Argyle teams and players l can understand where they are coming from with seeing their attributes as a player.

However, the reason l try and hold back a little about raving about our players is because l always am waiting for that special player who to me has something l haven’t seen in an Argyle team for a while.

The last great CM for Argyle for me was Nallis. I know people will say what about Carey or Lameiras but they were attacking players. I’m talking about a all round great midfielder who can do everything.. Nallis could shoot too even though he often played deep and didn’t score too many.

Some might say Hourlihane but again l think he was good, but not great

There have been many good midfielders since Nallis, but this guy has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in a green shirt. I will admit his passing is sloppy at times. However, look at the skills and attributes he has at his disposal.

Tonight he wasn’t MOtM. However, what he did again was shine brightly in the central midfield area. Mayor gets the plaudits tonight. And rightly so. However, spare a thought for this guy who runs up and down the pitch all game. When you see Mayor wide left, hugging the touchline. Just have a minute to think who is covering Mayor in central midfield. It’s normally him. God forbid if we had two box to box midfielders at CM what we would be like and how much better he could be because the work load would be shared.

For me, this guy in the space of 5 months is just amazing. A breath of fresh air. The type of player l’ve personally been waiting to see at our club. To me this is the type of player you go overboard about in terms of how great they can be.

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
Metal_Green_Mickey":163soul1 said:
Camara is fantastic. I know everyone’s favourite player is Mayor, but for me Camara is something l’ve really missed as an Argyle fan.

Energy, work rate, confidence, goal scoring ability for a midfielder, tackling. Ok, l love this guy. For me when people get all excited about Argyle teams and players l can understand where they are coming from with seeing their attributes as a player.

However, the reason l try and hold back a little about raving about our players is because l always am waiting for that special player who to me has something l haven’t seen in an Argyle team for a while.

The last great CM for Argyle for me was Nallis. I know people will say what about Carey or Lameiras but they were attacking players. I’m talking about a all round great midfielder who can do everything.. Nallis could shoot too even though he often played deep and didn’t score too many.

Some might say Hourlihane but again l think he was good, but not great

There have been many good midfielders since Nallis, but this guy has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in a green shirt. I will admit his passing is sloppy at times. However, look at the skills and attributes he has at his disposal.

Tonight he wasn’t MOtM. However, what he did again was shine brightly in the central midfield area. Mayor gets the plaudits tonight. And rightly so. However, spare a thought for this guy who runs up and down the pitch all game. When you see Mayor wide left, hugging the touchline. Just have a minute to think who is covering Mayor in central midfield. It’s normally him. God forbid if we had two box to box midfielders at CM what we would be like and how much better he could be because the work load would be shared.

For me, this guy in the space of 5 months is just amazing. A breath of fresh air. The type of player l’ve personally been waiting to see at our club. To me this is the type of player you go overboard about in terms of how great they can be.

Great post. Easy to love, isn’t he? Love his energy, his commitment, his product.

Dec 29, 2008
Totally agree. Pan the Man is on course to being an all time favourite and he is still young too. What a great signing.!!!!
and wait till we get the fans back to see him!!

May 16, 2016
colzion":2zqgol9d said:
Totally agree. Pan the Man is on course to being an all time favourite and he is still young too. What a great signing.!!!!

He's a great player to have. I do notice he gets a lot of knocks but never makes a fuss, just ignores them and battles on.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Physically Camara reminds me a bit of Bolasie. He’s all arms and legs flailing around but my heavens, he’s an exciting player to have on the team.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
colzion":3ho83vrj said:
Yes, I have to agree with you there, Mickey.

Some players have more energy at home games but, watching him in all games this season, he is beginning to earn the chorus previously earned by ‘our own’ Johnny Hore.

With hindsight, it was probably a mistake taking him off at Fleetwood.