What former Argyle player scored a hat trick 60 years ago? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What former Argyle player scored a hat trick 60 years ago?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
60 Years ago tomorrow I made my FA cup debut for Newcastle United against Fulham and scored a hat trick.

Who am I.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Duncan Neale. :)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
:clap: :clap: Bob you cheated..........

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ottawa Green":75kuffkz said:
60 Years ago tomorrow I made my FA cup debut for Newcastle United against Fulham and scored a hat trick.

Who am I.

I do not recall much movement directly between the 2 clubs unless the guy played for an intervening team. The only name that comes to my mind is Duncan Neale but I always knew him as a half-back rather than a scoring front man.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Time for bragging rights. 60 Years ago tomorrow I made my FA cup debut for Newcastle United against Fulham and scored a hat trick. It was the first time a player had scored 3 goals since the second world war and from a mid fielder at right half back.I don't think many players even today could claim that right against a division one team or the premiership as its known today.The match ball was signed by both teams and was in the Newcastle United museum. It was such an honour just to wear the shirt back then. We even had an extra 5 pounds bonus for the 5 nil win and in those days it was enough to get 20 gallons of petrol. Great and unforgettable times so apologies for the boasting.

DUNCAN NEALE.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3mut83r4 said:
:clap: :clap: Bob you cheated..........
I'm on FB too. ;)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":17ullfyp said:
Ottawa Green":17ullfyp said:

Who am I.

I do not recall much movement directly between the 2 clubs unless the guy played for an intervening team. The only name that comes to my mind is Duncan Neale but I always knew him as a half-back rather than a scoring front man.
He was at inside right that day.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Newcastle had a very good team in those days.....Stan Anderson,Jim Iley Dave Hilley and Gordon Marshall are names that I remember from the 60's