commentary | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

commentary

Aug 24, 2009
I was unable to register on FA player to-day so had to listen on I-Follow.
The commentary was very poor, it was like a history lesson on our club, instead of following the build up of play etc they spoke about something which was irrelevant. McCarthy does not even know how to pronounce the names of our players, rubbish. Gritton and McGlinchey are much better.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
German Shepherd":3ssn8nod said:
If it's any consolation the FA player commentary was really good :greensmile:

Was that because it wasn't partisan? Sometimes I feel that Radio Devon don't say what really needs to be said as it might upset the listeners.

Dec 3, 2005
The commentary on FA PLayer was neutral and excellant - singlehandedly he seem to know everything about both Clubs and the players in depth, he made a very good game seem even better.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
It was also because he was commentating for TV and not the radio. Made it more professional. But if I had been listening to audio only then the silences might have been frustrating. He was very well informed and well balanced.

His voice sounded familiar, but it was probably just the generic football commentator voice.

Edited to add: Rob Daly https://icdb.tv/stats/132/Rob-Daly

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
charlieboy":q4glo3ks said:
I was unable to register on FA player to-day so had to listen on I-Follow.
The commentary was very poor, it was like a history lesson on our club, instead of following the build up of play etc they spoke about something which was irrelevant. McCarthy does not even know how to pronounce the names of our players, rubbish. Gritton and McGlinchey are much better.
Assuming that was the Radio Devon team, that was Rob McNichol and Sean McCarthy watching the match in a BBC studio in Plymouth. That can't have been easy.