Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 10 January | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 10 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Sunday 10 January

Huddersfield v Argyle key moments ... You Tube video.

The youth team lose 3-1 against Swindon Town in a Youth Alliance game ... match report.

Captain and winning goal scorer Joe Edwards gives his reaction to the Huddersfield game ....club You Tube.

Ryan Lowe talks about the win ... club You Tube.

Argyle received £61,500 in prize money for winning against Huddersfield Town plus a £20,000 broadcast fee for being shown live on FA Player taking the total FA Cup prize and TV money to £123,972 for this season.

The draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup will take place tomorrow live on BBC2 at 7pm, Argyle are ball number 1.
The fifth round draw will also take place on Monday.

Aug 8, 2013
I'm guessing it's because we were the winning team from the
first pairing out of the hat in the third round draw.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Gary S":h7xrb1px said:
I'm guessing it's because we were the winning team from the
first pairing out of the hat in the third round draw.
I've been wondering the same for 65 years and have tried all kinds of ways to work it out. You may well have the answer.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Quintrell_Green":1z6nyfw9 said:
The humour in me would suggest that Argyle comes before Arsenal in the great alphabet of clubs!

But not before AFC Bournemouth... :funny:

I think it was in the 70s that John Bond (?) persuaded the board of Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic to change their name to 'AFC Bournemouth'. The idea was that they would then be the very first team name that anyone would see on an alphabetical list of clubs. It was in the days of Ted McDougal and The Cherries had a VERY grandiose view of themselves compared to other third tier clubs (including Argyle).

It didn't do them much good, however, as they hold the record for the longest spell of any club in the third tier. Whilst Tony Waiters got Argyle promoted to the second tier in 1975 the 'big shots' of AFC Bournemouth had to wait until 1987 before rising out of the third tier. :lol:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
phil-thefluter24":2ej5gmal said:
They have done slightly better than us since though :whistle:

Good point - well made... :coat: :lol: