Big club or winnable draw? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Big club or winnable draw?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Normally in the 3rd or 4th round I'd be praying for a big tie at United, Spurs, Chelsea etc.

But considering we can't attend anyway, it would be great to go even further in the competition and look to maybe match our 2008 1/4 final finish, so Chorley at home please.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
With the only financial reward being winning the tie....the conclusion is the easiest possible home game....followed by the best 5th round opponents that we stand a chance of beating at home again of course..

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Definitely want an easy draw at home to hopefully advance to another big payday against the easiest team left in the 5th round to advance again to etc,etc :coat:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Definitely need a home draw. No matter against what team....fingers crossed....

Mar 8, 2016
With our defence being so bad, to the point that they can’t get the basics right, I’d worry getting a top team. It could be quite embarrassing and wouldn’t do teams morale any good.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Lots of people asking for Chorley.

I'd imagine they'd be well up for it and probably end up doing us over by sheer passion.

Need a L2 team who feel lucky to be through.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
You do realise we are talking about Argyle here, we could draw Liverpool hold them to a draw and lose on pens, or we could lose to Chorley at home. NO ONE can predict Argyle.......

Jul 12, 2016
A home draw against a lower league side to give us a better chance of making it to the next round.Apart from the potential of being shown on television there is little point in being drawn home to a premiership side who would probably play their second team.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve just had a look and there are actually only 3 teams left in who are in a league below us, Chorley, Crawley and Cheltenham. Stockport are still in but they have to get past West Ham.

Jun 27, 2019
The cup Gods are punishing us for drawing Liverpool four years ago. You don't get a series of plum ties after hooking a biggie like that.

Looking through the list of teams still in it, we'll get away to Blackpool or Doncaster.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":2cfacwq4 said:
Normally in the 3rd or 4th round I'd be praying for a big tie at United, Spurs, Chelsea etc.

But considering we can't attend anyway, it would be great to go even further in the competition and look to maybe match our 2008 1/4 final finish, so Chorley at home please.
agree totally.please not wycombe who destroyed preston with high quality and high energy football.they don't feign injuries these days,a very good side.

Feb 17, 2017
Think of the worst possible draw and that is what we will get
brentford
barnsley
doncaster
blackpool
any of these away is probably what we will get

Feb 23, 2006
We are never going to win the F.A. Cup,lets just make as much money as we possibly can on our current run. The money so far earned helps keep the club afloat. Some lower league clubs are close to economic meltdown and may not survive.
Funny I keep get a horrible feeling that we are going to draw Blackpool away as others have predicted ! I think should we draw Blackpool , Hardie by virtue of his loan agreement is not allowed to play for us against Blackpool.I think Hardie despite not scoring freely is an important cog in our front line attack and a quick thinker in movement and passing.