Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 12 January | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 12 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Tuesday 12 January

Centre-back Niall Canavan joins League Two side Bradford City for a transfer fee ...club website.
Canavan spoke about the move....
“I am delighted to be here. I have always wanted to play for this club and it is a great chance for me to come home. 
“I grew up watching Bradford City and have always had that ambition to be one of the lads who runs out at Valley Parade. I was in the academy as a young lad and used to come here a lot as a ballboy.
“As soon as the call came in, I was very eager to get the deal done and, thankfully, we have been able to get everything sorted. This is a brilliant club and I am looking forward to pushing on.”

Head of Fitness and Conditioning John Lucas will help fans keep active during lockdown with a series of exercise classes shown on the club You Tube channel .... club website.

Argyle's FA Cup game against Sheffield United will be only the second time the two teams have met in the FA Cup, the previous encounter was also the last time the Greens played the Blades; a 3-0 second round defeat at Bramall Lane in December 2014.
What the Sheffield United fans thought of the draw .... fans forum.
The winner of the tie will pick up £90,000 in prize money.

Argyle's League One game at M.K. Dons on 23 January will be rescheduled due to the FA Cup fourth round game taking place that weekend and if the Greens progress into the fifth round the tie against Bristol City or Millwall will take place on Wednesday 10 February meaning the away League One game at Accrington Stanley (kick-off 5.30pm) will also be rearranged.

May 31, 2007
Sunny Yorkshire
Looking at the Utd Fans Forum they appear to believe they are already in the quarter finals.

Appreciate to them this is probably one on the easier draws they could have had but a curtain amount of under estimation going on.

Reckon if they lose to us or in the next round the manager will have had it!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
According to the footballing geniuses on that forum Argyle may as well not bother travelling up for the game as it’s a foregone conclusion. Not a hint of humility or recognition that this the Cup where anything can happen. :roll: Should (the albeit unlikely happen) and we get the win, I’ll be looking forward to visiting their forum again :whistle:

Apr 1, 2009
mervyn":1yxxfxkz said:
Is their big fat fan Tango still around? Biggest stomach you’ve ever seen, and famous for being bare-topped in even the coldest conditions. Saw him twenty years ago when he was a legend in Sheffield.

Think he resided on the "other side" of Sheffield.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Pogmoor_Green":39a30nob said:
Looking at the Utd Fans Forum they appear to believe they are already in the quarter finals.

Appreciate to them this is probably one on the easier draws they could have had but a curtain amount of under estimation going on.

Reckon if they lose to us or in the next round the manager will have had it!
It would have been no different on here if we'd drawn Chorley at home

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
xmastree":1yuvcqab said:
mervyn":1yuvcqab said:
Is their big fat fan Tango still around? Biggest stomach you’ve ever seen, and famous for being bare-topped in even the coldest conditions. Saw him twenty years ago when he was a legend in Sheffield.

Oh, 'the same League as us next season' side? :think:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
There is a marquee/tent going up at Argyle this morning, near the 3 flagpoles. Is this going to be more NHS usage? Vaccinations??

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
xmastree":2uee02wp said:
mervyn":2uee02wp said:

Yep, he's a Wednesday fan, currently serving a 2 year ban from the ground. Covid's done him a favour.

50827328963_8deec1ae59_c.jpg

Jul 7, 2005
football-bet-data":2n6yxsld said:
John Cooper":2n6yxsld said:
There is a marquee/tent going up at Argyle this morning, near the 3 flagpoles. Is this going to be more NHS usage? Vaccinations??
Yes

Boris did promise the vaccination programme would be intense.

LipsonJock

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 8, 2013
Best wishes Niall, :thumbup:

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member