Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Undisclosed fee as well. Probably not much, but money coming in has to be a good thing.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Struggling to stop conceding goals? I know, let's sell the best centre back we have.

(Unless this was for personal reasons) What on EARTH is Lowe playing at. Canavan wasn't brilliant, but he's better than the others!!!

I hope we're shifting out a few more and bringing in 2 or 3 new ones now, otherwise we've just made ourselves weaker.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Not a bad player at all. But I feel we need much better in his position. A good move all round.

Good luck Niall, and thanks for your service.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Derek rated him highly so perhaps that's an indicator of what's happening at Bradford.

Good luck to him, I rated him and liked the way he played the game.

Aug 4, 2011
Dan Ellard":24uljumz said:
Struggling to stop conceding goals? I know, let's sell the best one we have.

What on EARTH is Lowe playing at. Canavan wasn't brilliant, but he's better than the others!!!

I hope we're shifting out a few more and bringing in 2 or 3 new ones now, otherwise we've just made ourselves weaker.
I agree that I did rate Canavan. Not the best technically but a leader, a talker and an organiser. But, if as the story suggests, he’s asked to leave who are we to stand in his way.
Sort of explains Opoku’s appearance against Huddersfield where he looked decent enough, but were left with a very inexperienced back line without much in the way of leadership. Let’s hope Lowe has at least once replacement in mind

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":2jr15ns5 said:
Struggling to stop conceding goals? I know, let's sell the best one we have.

What on EARTH is Lowe playing at. Canavan wasn't brilliant, but he's better than the others!!!

Agreed. Niall and Aimson were the only two I'd consider half decent. He did want to go though so there's no point standing in his way.

Jun 27, 2019
We've moved on a League Two defender to a League Two club - and got a fee in the process! What's not to like.

Hopefully it's the start of the defensive rebuild we so badly need.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Doesn't his family live in Yorkshire

The key phrase?

He came and spoke to me and said that he had the opportunity to move to Bradford on a longer-term deal, and we were not in a position to offer him anything beyond this season

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That's a shock but probably more to do with Canavan wanting to move back up north and from his comments he couldn't wait to go.
With Covid around it must be doubly hard for northern players to live in Plymouth and be away from families.

Bradford don't have a manager either, only a temporary one.
We lack leaders and now we've lost one.

We must have a replacement lined up.

“I am delighted to be here. I have always wanted to play for this club and it is a great chance for me to come home. 
“I grew up watching Bradford City and have always had that ambition to be one of the lads who runs out at Valley Parade. I was in the academy as a young lad and used to come here a lot as a ballboy.
“As soon as the call came in, I was very eager to get the deal done and, thankfully, we have been able to get everything sorted. This is a brilliant club and I am looking forward to pushing on.”

Jul 14, 2008
Good luck to him and a good signing for Bradford in League 2. I dont think he’s league 1 standard though so if by selling him it leaves room to bring in someone better then everyone is a winner really. I did find it strange that he didn’t play on Saturday.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
WoodsyGreen":bza2t0xf said:
We've moved on a League Two defender to a League Two club - and got a fee in the process! What's not to like.

Hopefully it's the start of the defensive rebuild we so badly need.

I think you hit the Niall on the head (excuse the play on his name, dad joke I know) :scarf: