Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
East Anglian Daily Times.

It looks like we have tried to sign Ipswich right back Janoi Donacien but it's been turned down.
He can also play at centre-back and left-back.

He made national news in 2012 for immigration issues ....Daily Mail.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Now that is interesting.

I think we’re probably all more interested in our apparent ability to pay even a ‘modest transfer fee’, than the actual player here.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ipswich Town paid £750,000 for the player circa 2 years ago. Their Chairman Marcus Evans is a hard business man. I cannot see him allowing a transfer of this player for what is likely to be a modest fee. In truth, the guy has seldom played for Ipswich's first team, but been out on loan to various clubs. It is bad enough that he has not achieved the standard to be a regular, and to near give him away, would be a step too far.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Quintrell_Green":e59djvwu said:
Ipswich Town paid £750,000 for the player circa 2 years ago. Their Chairman Marcus Evans is a hard business man. I cannot see him allowing a transfer of this player for what is likely to be a modest fee. In truth, the guy has seldom played for Ipswich's first team, but been out on loan to various clubs. It is bad enough that he has not achieved the standard to be a regular, and to near give him away, would be a step too far.

Thing is if they don't take a modest fee now, they are likely to receive nothing in July when his contract expires.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sep 2, 2008
Emu":1w237rp6 said:
Quintrell_Green":1w237rp6 said:

Thing is if they don't take a modest fee now, they are likely to receive nothing in July when his contract expires.

Ipswich have the option to extend his contract for another year which is why I'm guessing he's attracting a fee.

Aug 5, 2016
Perhaps Lowe knows Accrington are keen on loaning him, and Donacien has a good relationship with the club. If given the choice of loan destinations, he may opt to go back there.

However by Lowe offering “modest” money to Ipswich, he knows Accrington are unlikely to have anything to offer.

No other bids = he is coming to Argyle.

As for a definition of modest, they are correct that we don’t go around spending three quarters of a million pounds on a right back to sit on our bench in League One. Most of the signings our club has ever made seems modest compared to that.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Biggs":163dfrkq said:
Now that is interesting.

I think we’re probably all more interested in our apparent ability to pay even a ‘modest transfer fee’, than the actual player here.

I guess unbudgeted cup run funds and Canavans transfer fee.

Jun 27, 2019
Weird how Ipswich would rather loan out a player who can leave for nothing in the summer rather than take a fee for him now.

The only explanation is that they want to give him one last chance to earn a new deal, but he hasn't played a single minute of league football for them this season so they can't rate him very highly.

Very odd.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
WoodsyGreen":37wjckt9 said:
Weird how Ipswich would rather loan out a player who can leave for nothing in the summer rather than take a fee for him now.

The only explanation is that they want to give him one last chance to earn a new deal, but he hasn't played a single minute of league football for them this season so they can't rate him very highly.

Very odd.

The article says they have the option to extend his contract by a year.

Jun 27, 2019
Daz":3b8yblog said:
WoodsyGreen":3b8yblog said:

Very odd.

Yes, but if they thought he was worthy of another year why haven't they played him? It's not like he's been in and out of the team, he hasn't played a single minute! He's not a youngster either who might be worth keeping on - he's 27.

The Ipswich fans are equally bemused: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/495493/tow ... an-bid/#23

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I think this is the guy I once gave some money to, so that he could further his career in Vietnam.

Oh wait, no, that was Hanoi Donation

sorry... :coat:

Sep 2, 2008
WoodsyGreen":25z669bw said:
Daz":25z669bw said:
WoodsyGreen":25z669bw said:

Very odd.

Yes, but if they thought he was worthy of another year why haven't they played him? It's not like he's been in and out of the team, he hasn't played a single minute! He's not a youngster either who might be worth keeping on - he's 27.

The Ipswich fans are equally bemused: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/495493/tow ... an-bid/#23

Ipswich Chairman is playing hardball and in effect holding Donacian to ransom. He's basically saying we'll trigger that clause and rather send him out on loan than let him go for basically nothing. He obviously wants to recoup some of the money they laid out...much like Peterborough over Cooper. I guess its a case of how much does Lowe want him.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The last time we paid a fee for a player during a January transfer window was in 2017 when Nathan Blissett signed from Torquay for £15,000.

I guess the money we received for selling Canavan is being offered to buy Donacien?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":3evmg1mg said:
The last time we paid a fee for a player during a January transfer window was in 2017 when Nathan Blissett signed from Torquay for £15,000.

I guess the money we received for selling Canavan is being offered to buy Donacien?

Think you're right the Bradford money is likely to be the offer we have made. A little surprised at our choice of target here, to be honest, we need an out and out centre back who will be comfortable in a defence of three. This guy last played in first team in FA Cup 1st Round v Pompey in November.

Wonder if we have another target that is not yet in the public domain?