Is Ryan Lowe bookies' favourite for next Chelsea manager? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Is Ryan Lowe bookies' favourite for next Chelsea manager?

Aug 5, 2015
I donā€™t think a modicum of success in L2 qualifies you as a potential premiership manager. But hey they made Lampard manager so who can say!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I think Lampard will have a good career, but the Chelsea job was just too big a challenge at this stage. He did well at Derby and got them in the Championship play offs, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if a big Championship side come calling quite quickly. Or even somebody like Newcastle when they get rid of Bruce.

Jul 18, 2011
Or as they said in The Guardian yesterday, when he took over at Derby they were 6th and he managed a dramatic improvement to leave them 6th by the end of the season...

Jun 27, 2019
It's rare for an English manager to be given a job at one of our big clubs and it probably won't happen again for a while now.

It should be a great source of national embarrassment that a home-grown coach has never won the Premier League. Twenty-eight seasons and counting!

Compare that to the other big leagues in Europe, which are routinely won by native coaches.

Jul 14, 2008
WoodsyGreen":on835mt4 said:
It's rare for an English manager to be given a job at one of our big clubs and it probably won't happen again for a while now.

It should be a great source of national embarrassment that a home-grown coach has never won the Premier League. Twenty-eight seasons and counting!

Compare that to the other big leagues in Europe, which are routinely won by native coaches.
Completely agree with that but I think English managers in the premier league tend to get written off as ā€˜Big Samā€™ types who are yesterdayā€™s men. Look at Sean Dyche- what more does he have to do to get a job at a bigger club? Heā€™s worked miracles at Burnley on a shoe string budget.

Dec 8, 2019
WoodsyGreen":ha22ntv6 said:

Could we be generous and say Dalglish at Blackburn and SAF as home grown?

Jun 27, 2019
simon1argyle":269indna said:
WoodsyGreen":269indna said:

Could we be generous and say Dalglish at Blackburn and SAF as home grown?

That would be a stretch! :greensmile:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Herts_Green":8h6fxxu2 said:
WoodsyGreen":8h6fxxu2 said:

Completely agree with that but I think English managers in the premier league tend to get written off as ā€˜Big Samā€™ types who are yesterdayā€™s men. Look at Sean Dyche- what more does he have to do to get a job at a bigger club? Heā€™s worked miracles at Burnley on a shoe string budget.

Dyche has undoubtedly worked miracles at Burnley, but as long as British managers are known for playing with 'industrial' style, they will struggle to get the top jobs. Warnock, Allardyce, Pulis, Dyche, have all had decent careers but none of their teams are what one would term easy on the eye. Look what happened to Allardyce at Everton - their supporters just werenā€™t prepared to tolerate that style of football, with all their tradition.

Lampard has the potential to be a top manager. He was simply promoted to a top job too early, under an owner renowned for his lack of patience.

Not for the Chelsea role, but Iā€™m surprised Eddie Howeā€™s name has not yet been linked with a major club. To take Bournemouth from the bottom of the 4th tier, and nearly out of existence, to several successful seasons in the prem, must be one of the most outstanding managerial achievements of the past fifty years.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
mervyn":6ihhq6cr said:
Not for the Chelsea role, but Iā€™m surprised Eddie Howeā€™s name has not yet been linked with a major club. To take Bournemouth from the bottom of the 4th tier, and nearly out of existence, to several successful seasons in the prem, must be one of the most outstanding managerial achievements of the past fifty years.

I could see him getting the Palace job if Hodgson retires this summer, or maybe Brighton if they dispense with Potter. Beyond that, I think he will get a decent Championship role. I was surprised that Bristol City didnā€™t try to get him. Maybe they did and heā€™s not ready to return to management yet.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016
Devongreenowl":1j2oqtwu said:
mervyn":1j2oqtwu said:

I could see him getting the Palace job if Hodgson retires this summer, or maybe Brighton if they dispense with Potter. Beyond that, I think he will get a decent Championship role. I was surprised that Bristol City didnā€™t try to get him. Maybe they did and heā€™s not ready to return to management yet.

Apparently both Newcastle and Celtic want Eddie Howe if they sack their managers