Brief Synopsis | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis

Mar 14, 2009
That was a great team performance over two halves of football.

Lots of outstanding performances tonight. Camara was my man of the match yet again but you could choose from a number of players. I thought Opoku had his best game in a green shirt tonight.

One thing l wanted to say which puts tonight’s results and football in perspective is the football daily podcast on 5 live. I heard people on here talk about it last night so l have had a listen.

Sonny Bradley you really are truly a remarkable person.

Loved how he conducted himself and how he talked about football. It brings it home just what football means to people and how it unites us all.

Thoughts are with Sonny Bradley even after this win tonight. Football results like tonight help put a smile on Argyle fans faces but it worth remembering in this weird times just what some people are having to go through and win, lose or draw we are lucky to have something that helps us to forget for a few hours the current plight that as a nation we are having to endure.

Sep 25, 2010
Taking nothing at all away from a great Argyle performance.

But Swindon are probably the worst team I have seen this season. They were dreadful, good job they had no fans there, as it could have been a riot.

But I suppose with Sheridan as manager, I am not totally surprised.

Not Argyle’s problem, as they can only play what is put in front of them.

Great performance, confidence must be sky high now.

Well done to RL, and the team management, they have shut up his doubters.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
We were soooo good that at times we had 14 players on the pitch. I would like to think we made Swindon look bad, and maybe they were but that was by far our best, most comprehensive performance of the season.

All the players were good, but Mayor was back to his best tonight. Hardie was also two yards faster, Okopu and Watts were great but the whole team were ... wow !

Have a rest lads, Accy down on Saturday ... do the same.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":36ti35v6 said:
That was a great team performance over two halves of football.

Lots of outstanding performances tonight. Camara was my man of the match yet again but you could choose from a number of players. I thought Opoku had his best game in a green shirt tonight.

One thing l wanted to say which puts tonight’s results and football in perspective is the football daily podcast on 5 live. I heard people on here talk about it last night so l have had a listen.

Sonny Bradley you really are truly a remarkable person.

Loved how he conducted himself and how he talked about football. It brings it home just what football means to people and how it unites us all.

Thoughts are with Sonny Bradley even after this win tonight. Football results like tonight help put a smile on Argyle fans faces but it worth remembering in this weird times just what some people are having to go through and win, lose or draw we are lucky to have something that helps us to forget for a few hours the current plight that as a nation we are having to endure.

Hadn’t got around to listening to that, but will now :thumbup:

And I’m salivating over Camara at the moment, I love him :nworthy:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Stunning performance. Every player, to a man, played a blinder. We could have easily had four or five there tonight. Camara has been pivotal to our recent run of form - he seems to be at the heart of every attack at the moment. The defence looked solid and Cooper made some great saves when called upon. Keep it up boys! :scarf:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
And that, ladies and gents, is why I didn't want just a point from tonight.

I wouldn't quite say worst overall (Crawley a few years ago take that title), but relative to level, thats the worst opposition I've ever seen Argyle face in my 18 years as a fan. As Martyn stated above, I shouldn't be surprised, given that their manager is the worst tactician I've seen manage Argyle, but Swindon were absolutely astonishingly bad. The number of passes out of play under no pressure, not tracking runners, miskicks, no pressing, not a lot of effort... even the keeper didn't bother to dive for our first goal! No doubt some will say we made them look bad, and of course we did to an extent, but come on - they didn't need too much help at looking bad, they managed perfectly well by themselves. I was laughing by the end.

We did a professional job. It would have been easy given our 2nd half record this season to have panicked, dropped off, allowed them chances - but other than one free kick and one shot from the edge of the area when Fornah overpressed and Opoku missed his tackle, we gave them nothing.

Despite not pressing the ball much, Swindon still seemed to allow us a bunch of counter-attacks in the 2nd half, which we could have been more clinical with, but we got the job done. That's my only issue with tonight - we really should have stuck 4 or 5 past them.

Cooper 7

Aimson 7
Opoku 8
Watts 7

Fornah 6

Edwards 7
Camara 8
Mayor 8
Grant 7

Jephcott 6
Hardie 8

Ennis 7, Reeves 6, Moore 6, Wootton and Nouble n/a not on for long enough.

Dec 30, 2020
Swindon did look terrible, but they're not even bottom of the league and are within 3 points of 17th, so obviously not markedly worse than the weakest half a dozen or so teams in the division.

The fact that we completely outclassed them and could have won by 5 or 6 suggests that we are comfortably above that level.

I wouldn't necessarily have thought that prior to the last three games. Great result and performance. Confidence/momentum really seems to be building.

Sep 15, 2020
By far the most comfortable watch of the season . We looked really good with several great performances but the real question is have we turned the corner ? How good were we and how bad were Swindon ? The next few games against teams who will
undoubtedly come at us much quicker and press us much harder should give the answer so lets not not get too carried away.
Hopefully this is a start of a climb up the table

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a superb team performance from start to finish.many worthy contenders for man of the match but danny mayor for me.my ratings;
Cooper 7

Aimson 7
Opoku 9
Watts 9

Fornah 7

Edwards 8
Camara 9
Mayor 10
Grant 9

Jephcott 7
Hardie 9

Jul 14, 2008
Mog In Truro":2zj3yenx said:
By far the most comfortable watch of the season . We looked really good with several great performances but the real question is have we turned the corner ? How good were we and how bad were Swindon ? The next few games against teams who will
undoubtedly come at us much quicker and press us much harder should give the answer so lets not not get too carried away.
Hopefully this is a start of a climb up the table
I’m not sure we need an answer to how good we are do we? The quieter majority on here have always said that we are a mid table team, even through the relatively short lived poor run of form. That’s not going to change. We have a tough run of games coming up against some of the better sides in the division so we may well struggle for the next few games and not pick up many points. If that happens then hopefully the usual suspects won’t be panicking about being relegation fodder again.

Oct 31, 2015
It's strange how football goes isn't. Last January Swindon played us off the park at HP on New Years day and most agreed they were the better team.

12 months later, after they went up as Champions they are in a financial crisis, they have manager who will only have 1 X remit (stay up at all costs) and we dominated them.

Can't account for the oposition but surely that was our best performance of the season. Have we found our strongest 11 who are now starting to click?.

A more pleasing aspect in January is our second half performances. We were capitulating for most of the season at HT but the last 3 or 4 games weve sustained the second half.

Nice one everyone

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Swindon were awful, we were excellent, for 90 minutes. I was gutted for Danny Mayor, thought he had finally broken his duck in the league this season. But, apart from the fact a 3rd goal would have been thoroughly deserved, there cannot be too many complaints about what was an accomplished and hugely professional performance.

Cooper 7
Aimson 7
Opoku 7
Watts 7
Fornah 7
Edwards 7
Camara 8
Mayor 9
Grant 7
Hardie 8
Jephcott 7

Ennis looks a real handful 7
All other subs 6 or N/A

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":kxbwnnza said:
a superb team performance from start to finish.many worthy contenders for man of the match but danny mayor for me.my ratings;
Cooper 7

Aimson 7
Opoku 9
Watts 9

Fornah 7

Edwards 8
Camara 9
Mayor 10
Grant 9

Jephcott 7
Hardie 9

Oh. Steve. Surely someone deserved a 3?
:whistle:

Aug 5, 2016
Aimson was one of our standout performers of the first half I thought. I have no idea what Watts did to earn a 9 rating over Aimson’s 7 as Kell had very little to do. Opoku was dominant throughout.