Accrington Stanley
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Accrington Stanley

Wednesday

Referee
The man in the middle for the game is Neil Hair. So far this season he has issued 75 yellow cards and two red cards in 18 games.
His previous Argyle appointment was for the FA Cup win against Charlton Athletic in November.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Sam Ogles and Michael Begley while the fourth official is Rob Dabbs.

Accrington Analysis
Strengths
Creating scoring chances.
Protecting the lead.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Coming back from losing positions.
Shooting from direct free kicks.
Attacking set pieces.
Defending set pieces.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Style of Play
Take long shots.
Attack through the middle.
Take a lot of shots.
Attacking down the left.
Attempt crosses often.
Consistent first eleven.
Playing in their own half.

They Played For Both
Zak Vyner, Romi Boco, Lloyd Jones, Matt Macey, Lee Molyneux, Jerome Opoku. Any more?

Current League Form
26/01/21 - Hull City (H) won 2-0.
19/01/21 - Hull City (A) lost 3-0.
16/01/21 - Gillingham (H) lost 1-0.
08/01/21 - Charlton (A) won 2-0.
19/12/20 - Blackpool (H) drew 0-0.
15/12/20 - Gillingham (A) won 2-0.

Match highlights of Accrington's 2-0 win against Hull City on Tuesday .... You Tube.

Thursday

Argyle have played Accrington a total of eight times at Home Park; winning two games, drawing three and losing three. The last game in December 2018 was a 3-0 away win for Stanley. The Argyle team that day: Matt Macey, Joe Riley, Yann Songo'o, Gary Sawyer, Ashley Smith-Brown, David Fox, Antoni Sarcevic, Graham Carey, Luke Jephcott, Joel Grant (Ruben Lameiras), Freddie Ladapo (Ryan Taylor).

The match will mark 50 Argyle appearances for striker Luke Jepthcott, his 22 goals have come in his last 39 games.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are 6/4 to win the game, a win for Accrington has odds of 13/8 and the draw is on offer at 12/5.

Accrington manager John Coleman looks ahead to the game... Accrington club website.
“I know Lowey, I did try to sign him around three times, there are no hard feelings. I know the way he plays, I know they have a really good side, who play some great football. They had a bit of a lull and have come through that and he is a good footballing fella and a good mate of mine."
Work starts today on a new stand at the Wham Stadium ... Accrington club website.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference .... club You Tube.

Goalkeeper Mike Cooper looks ahead to the game ... club You Tube.

Friday

Accrington sign Queens Park Rangers striker on-loan ... Accy club website.

Argyle v Accrington Frequently Asked Questions .... club website.

Purchase your iFollow match pass .. here.

The cover of the matchday programme.... @thegraphicbomb

Saturday

Match preview .... club website.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
This is one of those games that can be a defining part of our season. Historically, in all our successful seasons there has been a game that signals "win this and we are the real desl". A win and we should really then feel we are gathering pace in a run to the play-offs. Lose and we are probably going to have to settle for mid-table.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":2w1os2bs said:
This is one of those games that can be a defining part of our season. Historically, in all our successful seasons there has been a game that signals "win this and we are the real desl". A win and we should really then feel we are gathering pace in a run to the play-offs. Lose and we are probably going to have to settle for mid-table.

I seem to recall an even more defining fixture between the 2 teams in April 2019!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
memory man":eyppa6iy said:
I was there for the first 70 minutes!

Pity the team weren't

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We can thank Ladapo and his antics for that!

One down from Swan in my book.

:furious:

Mar 14, 2009
This game is an excellent test for Argyle.

A team in good position in the league. A team that plays good football. Most importantly a team built by a good manager. Talks really well about football. This is definitely worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisSf-pm1pE

This is the type of opposition you play to see the current level of where our team is at.

Dec 30, 2010
I too remember standing on the Coppice Terrace on that fateful afternoon, 27th April, if my memory serves me correctly. With heavy rain sweeping down the pitch, the highlight of the afternoon was the free drink at the bar at half time and after leaving the ground wet through, spent the rest of the match drying out in the pub next door, 5-1, disaster.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
edmonds200":28nwh0pp said:
IJN":28nwh0pp said:

That guy was an absolute disgrace - if only people knew his antics they mat have had a bit more respect for DA

Most of us will have to wait for a book from DA to hear what happened then....if he is allowed to say what the antics were

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
edmonds200":167pbyem said:
IJN":167pbyem said:

That guy was an absolute disgrace - if only people knew his antics they mat have had a bit more respect for DA
Perhaps, you could write the book, E200.