(how about) Jose Baxter | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Jose Baxter

Jun 13, 2015
See that Jose is a free agent since finishing playing in the American League. Anyone else think as a short term contract would be a good idea for him, he obviously was injured last season but has gone away to USA and got fit and was playing week in week out. Might be good for both parties and gives that extra competition for the DCM postion.

Jun 27, 2019
We let him go because he couldn't stay fit. There's no chance we'd take the same gamble twice.

It's a shame it didn't work out for him because he looked a talented player.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
WoodsyGreen":gzzg6fxa said:
We let him go because he couldn't stay fit. There's no chance we'd take the same gamble twice.

It was a shame. I was lucky enough to witness his superb 2nd half showing at Crawley last season.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Was absolutely gutted when he left. But it appears we already have our defensive midfielder who cannot stay fit this season, in the shape of Lewis MacLeod.
Ryan Lowe simply wouldn't entertain it, and we have 4 options for the role now, in the shape of Fornah, MacLeod, Grant and now Reeves, who has looked really good there in his cameos recently, and is close to being picked ahead of Fornah in that role, in my opinion.
Love Jose Baxter, and wherever he goes next, that team will have a special player.

Jun 27, 2019
jerryatricjanner":27uabajh said:
WoodsyGreen":27uabajh said:

It was a shame. I was lucky enough to witness his superb 2nd half showing at Crawley last season.

The second half at Swindon too - he turned the game when he came on.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
WoodsyGreen":zzjbg2lf said:
jerryatricjanner":zzjbg2lf said:
WoodsyGreen":zzjbg2lf said:

The second half at Swindon too - he turned the game when he came on.

Yes he looked real quality at Swindon....shame he could not stay fit

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
WoodsyGreen":eatukrrw said:

Was an element of that and being absolutely polaxed by the Swindon defender writing off the rest of him contract with injury.

I'd be tempted to give him another go, but we're a bit overloaded with attack minded midfielders.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pay as you play for the rest of this season would make sense which would include staggered fees for on the bench, coming from the bench and starting the game.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I think we need to accept that 'this ship has sailed'. The guy has had his injuries/problems and I sincerely hope he is now fully 100% again and finds a suitable club, where he can show off his skill set in the EFL.

Aug 17, 2005
WoodsyGreen":1qbolz9m said:

Did we let him go for that reason or was it that his contract was up at xmas and he disnt plan to sign a new one because he had been offered the position in USA by Howard, whom he knew at Everton on far higher wages than we were or could pay him

Jun 27, 2019
signalspast":2mn6ebxn said:
WoodsyGreen":2mn6ebxn said:

Did we let him go for that reason or was it that his contract was up at xmas and he disnt plan to sign a new one because he had been offered the position in USA by Howard, whom he knew at Everton on far higher wages than we were or could pay him

From the Herald at the time:

The 27-year-old midfielder and the club have mutually agreed to end his short-term contract a few weeks before its January expiry date when it became clear that Jose’s recent calf injury would severely curtail his availability.

Announcing his decision, Bootle-born Jose said: “Because of a recurring calf injury that I have suffered this season, it seemed sensible to come to an agreement with the club so that I and they can both plan for the future."

That was the public reason but what you say might well have been the real reason.

Aug 17, 2005
WoodsyGreen":1kj6pjdj said:
signalspast":1kj6pjdj said:
WoodsyGreen":1kj6pjdj said:

From the Herald at the time:

The 27-year-old midfielder and the club have mutually agreed to end his short-term contract a few weeks before its January expiry date when it became clear that Jose’s recent calf injury would severely curtail his availability.

Announcing his decision, Bootle-born Jose said: “Because of a recurring calf injury that I have suffered this season, it seemed sensible to come to an agreement with the club so that I and they can both plan for the future."

That was the public reason but what you say might well have been the real reason.

It was said to me after I said it was a shame about him leaving from a person who has got things right in the past and as much wrong. Thought it made some logic considering lowe just two weeks previously whilst he was out injured was on records as saying he would be with us for the long term. Then suddenly he was gone.