Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle being 'targeted'? (Mike Farnan)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
From today's Daily Mail by Matt Hughes in Ahead of the Game on page 111.

"Former Manchester United managing director, Mike Farman is looking to buy an EFL club with his global sports agency, Redstrike. The International sports rights business, founded by Farman and based in the North West, own Finnish side Kemi City and run an academy in Vietnam. Redstrike want to add a club in this country to their portfolio and are targeting teams in League 1 or 2. Hull, Ipswich, Plymouth and Shrewsbury are among third-tier clubs looking for new buyers or significant investment"

Stick with us, Simon!!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":33s5sdku said:

"Former Manchester United managing director, Mike Farman is looking to buy an EFL club with his global sports agency, Redstrike. The International sports rights business, founded by Farman and based in the North West, own Finnish side Kemi City and run an academy in Vietnam. Redstrike want to add a club in this country to their portfolio and are targeting teams in League 1 or 2. Hull, Ipswich, Plymouth and Shrewsbury are among third-tier clubs looking for new buyers or significant investment"

Stick with us, Simon!!
Are we?

Apr 1, 2009
It's the Daily Mail, Gents! Don't expect accurate, truthful information. (Other newspapers are available, and equally likely to dream up a "story").

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":2ge8fvss said:
davie nine":2ge8fvss said:

Stick with us, Simon!!
Are we?
I hope not, Bob. We know what happened the last time a former Manchester United speculator got involved with our club.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
No thanks.

I prefer the trusted hands that we're in at the moment.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Hull and Ipswich I get although both would be a lot more expensive to buy into that Argyle I expect, but Shrewsbury? That’s an odd one.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":3hl5fvsp said:
Hull and Ipswich I get although both would be a lot more expensive to buy into that Argyle I expect, but Shrewsbury? That’s an odd one.

Why is it odd for Shrewsbury to be looking for investment?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not exactly a 'usual suspect' is it? Salops is not going to be a hotbed of fervour of any sort.

I agree with Tim, strange.

Fine club, but not one you'd think of as having massive potential.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm sure sometimes these "reporters" put club names into a hat and draw out a handful and run with that.

I can't see the Halletts looking to sell the club to anyone who isn't interested a fan, they know as well as the rest of us what happens when someone plans to make a profit out of a club.

Not sure we're looking for investment anyway, most of the big jobs are done (grandstand, training ground etc) it's just about giving the club time to generate the revenue to break even.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Depends what the investor is looking for, a club with the potential to go up through the Divisions or one just to be a nursery club for someone bigger.

If it is the former, we couldn't find an investor when we were a good Championship side. Why would anyone with money be interested now we are a struggling third tier club with limited potential?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3a9dqcdb said:
Not exactly a 'usual suspect' is it? Salops is not going to be a hotbed of fervour of any sort.

I agree with Tim, strange.

Fine club, but not one you'd think of as having massive potential.

What has potential got to do with it? Shrewsbury are still entitled to seek new investment.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":h50bz696 said:
If Wrexham can attract 2 Hollywood actors..............................