Opuku’s Replacement | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Opuku’s Replacement

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I understand that Opuku will now be suspended for 1 match (maybe 2 matches depending on what you read - can someone confirm this)...

So big question who comes in instead of him.. for me my preference would be to play Woods in a back 4. I feel that Watts while ok at passing and bringing the ball forward he does make mistakes defensively and I’d prefer a no nonsense defender especially if Adam Lewis continues at LB who is very attack minded.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":15ha8z68 said:
I understand that Opuku will now be suspended for 1 match (maybe 2 matches depending on what you read - can someone confirm this)...

So big question who comes in instead of him.. for me my preference would be to play Woods in a back 4. I feel that Watts while ok at passing and bringing the ball forward he does make mistakes defensively and I’d prefer a no nonsense defender especially if Adam Lewis continues at LB who is very attack minded.

5 cautions up until match 19 = 1 match suspension.
10 cautions up until match 37 = 2 match suspension
15 cautions up until match 46 = 3 match suspension
20 cautions up until match 46 = suspension determined by regulatory commission.

Had Opuku picked up his 10th yellow in Argyles next match rather than v Bristol Rovers, he would have avoided the two match ban and would have been safe until he gets to 15.

Oct 5, 2013
It seems that at present he gets rattled by the numerous provocative and experienced strikers he’s up against, he can often be seen mouthing off at the ref and gesticulating, he’d do well to get a little more self-control. Thought he did excellently to avoid getting a second yellow during second half yesterday, so he obviously can do it.

Nov 2, 2004
His attitude is part of what makes him a good player. He is very strong and aggressive and has really physically dominated some difficult opponents. Mouthing off is all part of it and long may it continue.

Aug 24, 2009
Opoku was really unproffessional getting booked for dissent when he must realise our situation and more importantly his position at the moment. Getting booked for a bad tackle is something I can understand but for mouthing off and thinking its funny is bad news, in the same way at the end of the match he was applauding the referee for giving us a free kick which was nothing other than sarcism, he needs to grow up.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
charlieboy":3ednee4j said:
Opoku was really unproffessional getting booked for dissent when he must realise our situation and more importantly his position at the moment. Getting booked for a bad tackle is something I can understand but for mouthing off and thinking its funny is bad news, in the same way at the end of the match he was applauding the referee for giving us a free kick which was nothing other than sarcism, he needs to grow up.

Even more so when you consider that the Bristol Rovers game was the cut off point for ten cautions equalling a suspension. If he had avoided that yellow he would now be six yellows away from any possible ban.

Feb 8, 2005
Maybe he thought he was entitled to a rest, and if the manager didn't give him one then he would get one himself. There is nothing physical or dangerous about giving the referee no alternative but to book him, with no harm done to any player in purposely getting himself another yellow card.

Maybe I am a bit cynical, but it is a possibility.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
jimsing":262dxq6t said:
Maybe he thought he was entitled to a rest, and if the manager didn't give him one then he would get one himself. There is nothing physical or dangerous about giving the referee no alternative but to book him, with no harm done to any player in purposely getting himself another yellow card.

Except that he was then treading a very thin line for a second yellow and some of the Rovers' players were trying their damnedest to get him that 2nd yellow.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
jimsing":2hnos78j said:

Also that a 2 match suspension might have opened the door to playing for Ghana... or is that too cynical ?? Yes too cynical, he’s just inexperienced.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Hopefully Watts is back fit for next week, regardless of the system. Without him we can't go back to the 3 5 2 and if we stick to 4 at the back I'd sooner have Watts over Woods.

While Lowe claims the 4 was a tactical against Joey Bs plans (given the Rovers game) it was also a bit of a forced change with Watts out. If we stuck with 3 5 2 one of Woods or Opoku (more likely Opoku) would have been played out of position on the left of the 3.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
saxman":pzb6p38j said:
I'd like to see 'studs' Woods replacing Opoku for the next coupe of games in the same formation as Saturday.

Me too. I just feel like we'll concede when Watts plays. Apart from the obvious red card which was stupid and rash, Woods actually looked like he could defend when I saw him, and looked particularly good in the air which will be more important if played in a back 4.