Lowe second choice at Portsmouth | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe second choice at Portsmouth

Jul 12, 2016
According to The Sun if Cowley does not impress during his short term contract ,Portsmouth will go for Lowe.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oldage":2dj4r2gi said:
According to The Sun if Cowley does not impress during his short term contract ,Portsmouth will go for Lowe.

The first 4 words makes the rest of it b******t

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I think he might be tempted...and would wish him well..

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Why would Portsmouth think that a Manager who is unproven at League 1 level could take them into the Championship? There will be a number of better candidates in the summer looking for a job.

The Sun just trying to fill up a bit of column space with baseless speculation again.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The Sun? Right ok, who gave them the story? Sarah 19 from Bradford?

Just the usual speculative rubbish invented to fill space.

About time these "journalists" are called out for the rubbish peddlers they really are.

Jul 12, 2016
Mark Pedlar":2adj8c07 said:
oldage":2adj8c07 said:

I thought Alan Nixon was more reliable than some others for transfer rumours?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mark Pedlar":2djxpl5z said:
oldage":2djxpl5z said:

Exactly. RL is a Scouser. The Sun in Liverpool is used for an alternative purpose other than providing news, should copies indeed ever been purchased in that city. I cannot see it happening.

Aug 5, 2016
There was a rumour I heard that Lowe was actually interviewed for the Bristol City job which saw Nigel Pearson appointed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oldage":3jdmnj1p said:
Mark Pedlar":3jdmnj1p said:
oldage":3jdmnj1p said:

I thought Alan Nixon was more reliable than some others for transfer rumours?

The man who said Nicky Adams was signing for us about an hour after he signed for Northampton? :greensmile:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Knibbsworth":cjbpa52o said:
There was a rumour I heard that Lowe was actually interviewed for the Bristol City job which saw Nigel Pearson appointed.
Was that the day after he signed his extended contract here?

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":5cubgnhe said:

If true that would have meant that Argyle would have had to have given permission for City to talk to Lowe, that would seem an unlikely thing to have happened unless Lowe has a clause in his contract allowing it.

Aug 5, 2016
davie nine":jry8ge8w said:
Knibbsworth":jry8ge8w said:
Was that the day after he signed his extended contract here?

It was just a rumour I heard from the Bristol City end and didn’t pay too much attention to. Perhaps an enquiry from their chairman made Hallett keen to get his man nailed down to secure some decent compo if a club does come in for Lowe. Perhaps Hallett realised he wasn’t paying Lowe what he could command elsewhere so bumped up his pay and job security to stop him being so keen on interviewing elsewhere? The timing of the contract extension mid season just prior to a Bristol City vacancy did seem a bit convenient.