More Recovery Time | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

More Recovery Time

Feb 13, 2021
Now the games will start slowing down a bit and less travelling in short space of time, I can only see it benefiting us! Probably given the distances we travel in a short space of time hopefully it will benefit us more than others!
Recovery time and more time on the training pitch can only be a good thing especially for the likes of Jepchott who looks like he’s finding it tough of late! Mayor could do with decent recovery time given the pressure on him every game to make things happen!
But in general less games for a couple of weeks will hopefully do us the world of good!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":2gbnpkno said:
I believe that Blackpool have a midweek game this week, which could help us on Saturday.

At straws, clutching, you are. :twisted:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Agree with the OP. Think some of our boys have been running in treacle recently, and we've noticed e.g. Watts picking up injuries.

After next week, where we play Saturday, Friday, Monday (like almost everyone else), we have 6 games in 5 weeks. Only one Tuesday game.

I think I read the boys are having today and tomorrow off as well.

Dec 30, 2020
Good point.

I mentioned on another thread that we have several players who have never previously gone through a full season playing week-in, week-out.

It's not hard to see how this could have taken its toll physically and mentally, particularly given the condensed nature of the campaign and the fact that we travel further than anyone else.

Hopefully the additional breathing space will help us to finish strongly.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I wonder if any of the management team are back up near the homeland to watch Blackpool v Posh tomorrow night ?

May 3, 2017
Yep, fatigue has been a big issue for a lot of clubs, but particularly Argyle with the ridiculous amount of travelling they’ve done. When you factor in we’ve got a fairly young team with many players involved in their first full season in league football, there is bound to be a drop off. More preparation time will make all the difference. It looks like we’ve been carrying a few with niggling injuries.

Jul 3, 2013
Interesting looking at the results of ourselves and Carlise over the last couple months, both went from being on great runs to the total opposite after playing a shed load of games in a short space of time along with the most travelling.

May 8, 2011
James J":1afgy2r4 said:
Yep, fatigue has been a big issue for a lot of clubs, but particularly Argyle with the ridiculous amount of travelling they’ve done. When you factor in we’ve got a fairly young team with many players involved in their first full season in league football, there is bound to be a drop off. More preparation time will make all the difference. It looks like we’ve been carrying a few with niggling injuries.

Makes you wonder why the squad was reduced in size in January if players becoming fatigued from playing lots of games with little recovery time was seen as a problem.

Feb 13, 2021
HC Green":1505m2f4 said:
James J":1505m2f4 said:

Makes you wonder why the squad was reduced in size in January if players becoming fatigued from playing lots of games with little recovery time was seen as a problem.

Probably a few reasons for squad reduction in January (if any).
Wage Bill!
Players chose to leave for more game time!
Not a lot of of players available at the right cost and ability!