Argyle retro kits | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle retro kits

Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m a long term argyle supporter but new to pasoti

What does everyone think to the new retro argyle kits on the superstore, particularly the yellow one?

I’m a bit young to remember that particular kit, I started supporting around the times of Neil warnock/Dan McCauley

What players wore that yellow jersey?

Also does any one have any retro kits in a small/medium they want to sell?

Thanks

Green Army

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Welcome :thumbup:

I really like the black one, and have ordered it. Something I was tempted to ask on the fans forum, but probably too minor... when is it available? :lol:

I paid for it, and had the money taken out of my account a few weeks ago, but it doesn't say anywhere when I can actually expect to receive it.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
I believe the likes of

Dominic Naylor
Keith hill
Andy comyn
Mark Patterson
Paul daulton
Steve McCall
Steve castle
Martin Barlow
Kevin Nugent
Dwight marshall

Would have been around for the yellow shirt

That team under Peter Shilton (well, really John McGovern) was a cracking side. Beautiful football and we really deserved to go up in the 93/94 season. Bl**dy Burnley.

I don't get the point of that black retro shirt, but I am in the minority I think as there was a lot of love on here for it when the club put it on sale. I much prefer that design in white (the 89/90 away top was my first Argyle shirt).

M

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Martin_Brock":2cfrq1hv said:
That team under Peter Shilton (well, really John McGovern) was a cracking side. Beautiful football and we really deserved to go up in the 93/94 season. Bl**dy Burnley.

I don't get the point of that black retro shirt, but I am in the minority I think as there was a lot of love on here for it when the club put it on sale. I much prefer that design in white (the 89/90 away top was my first Argyle shirt).

M

I agree. The orginal Sunday Independent is my favourite of all time (my first shirt, the one I wore when a mascot, the one I associate with King Tommy etc) and the black 2006 and this years Mayflower 400 shirts are in second and third. But I see absolutely no point in a black version of the 88 shirt. Just restock the green one! Some people have, ahem, grown out of the one that was released last year since lockdown started.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I like the blackout one because of the subtlety of it, you can wear it just as a t-shirt and not as an obvious football shirt.

And it just looks cool to me :lol:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Biggs":1xqnrkrb said:
Welcome :thumbup:

I really like the black one, and have ordered it. Something I was tempted to ask on the fans forum, but probably too minor... when is it available? :lol:

I paid for it, and had the money taken out of my account a few weeks ago, but it doesn't say anywhere when I can actually expect to receive it.

I’m sure when that shirt got announced it said it’s pre order and delivery can take up to 5 weeks

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah it did, but it still says that 5 week delivery time on the product page now. So if I bought it now rather than a month ago, I'd be thinking it was 5 weeks from now when it presumably isn't (maybe it is, I don't know?).

Anyway, really not a big deal :lol: ... just greedy to get my hands on it!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Biggs":3nlqordw said:
Yeah it did, but it still says that 5 week delivery time on the product page now. So if I bought it now rather than a month ago, I'd be thinking it was 5 weeks from now when it presumably isn't (maybe it is, I don't know?).

Anyway, really not a big deal :lol: ... just greedy to get my hands on it!

Probably just haven’t changed the description. Hopefully you get it soon

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I really like the yellow one so have ordered it plus one for my son. I’m not really a shirt wearer - don’t think they look great on a 50 year old frame generally - but I use them to run in. I’ve a variety of old ones I use for that purpose. I thought this one looked good

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I checked about the Blackout shirt Biggsy, I was told they hoped to have delivery tomorrow, which could mean that by next week we could have some exciting news.

llcoolgee

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
The blackout is astoundingly good - ordered the second I saw it. The thing is so damn good that a couple of non-Argyle supporting mates nearly ordered one. Just have to wait for the snail mail to get it out to Melbourne, so I'll be lucky to see it by Christmas.
The 88-90 originals are the greatest kits ever produced by anyone, ever! Even better than Brazil 70. :greensmile:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":35sxxjsb said:
I checked about the Blackout shirt Biggsy, I was told they hoped to have delivery tomorrow, which could mean that by next week we could have some exciting news.

Thanks Ian :thumbup:

Think they’ve timed it for some good weather :greensmile:

Jan 27, 2012
I'm not keen on the black shirt as it's not a replica of an original shirt- although I'll see it in real life before writing it off.

I liked the original green Sunday Independent shirts and I hope Argyle make another batch of those.
National Provincial 1986 shirt would be a good one as well.