Joe Edwards | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Edwards

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Recognition for Edwards tonight..Not just for the goal, which was actually a beautiful finish, but this guy just hauls the team up by its laces time after time.
At one point he carried the ball from right back into their half more or less forced down the centre, then busted a gut to make an overlap on the right near the byline. Outstanding effort.
8 goals for the season is the kind of contribution we need from some of the midfield.

Mar 14, 2009
up_the_line":2qavis2y said:
Recognition for Edwards tonight..Not just for the goal, which was actually a beautiful finish, but this guy just hauls the team up by its laces time after time.
At one point he carried the ball from right back into their half more or less forced down the centre, then busted a gut to make an overlap on the right near the byline. Outstanding effort.
8 goals for the season is the kind of contribution we need from some of the midfield.

Player of the season. Camara a close second.

Attitude, work rate. Goals. Good leader.

My only gripe is the guy doesn’t play in CM.

If we play this system next season we need full backs / wide men so at least Camara can play in the middle. We would see such energy in the middle of the park with those two and already seen both of them can score goals.

Build the team around them. We have building blocks in place like Ennis.

However, it’s amazing how the change of formation can bring out the best in players eg Aimson.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It seems odd that a home grown striker with 18 goals is not quite in the running for Player of the Season.
At various times Grant, Cooper, Mayor and Camara were all on course to be PotS but over the whole season Edwards has been Mr Consistent throughout and is a good choice for PotS.
He's also had to unexpectedly take on the pressure of being captain.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
He needs to be signed up for next season. He seems to enjoy being at Argyle. Be good for him to see out his career with us. People love his effort but he’s a really, really good footballer. Control is very good. Passing good. He’s very hard to shake off the ball with a low centre of gravity. Positional sense excellent. He can run with the ball. And he knows where the goal is. What’s not to like? Definitely player of the season when you look at it in the round.

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":rd4r2iyv said:
It seems odd that a home grown striker with 18 goals is not quite in the running for Player of the Season.
At various times Grant, Cooper, Mayor and Camara were all on course to be PotS but over the whole season Edwards has been Mr Consistent throughout and is a good choice for PotS.

If a striker scored 18 goals in the second half of the season then they'd be close. Recent form always distorts these polls.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":1yeaxajl said:

Won’t he get young player of the season???

Jephcott scored some great goals. My issue is the other forwards have a better impact on our performance as a team, when they didn’t play well.

I look at Ennis. Strength and pace . Jephcott has neither. So Jephcott needs good service. If he doesn’t get that his impact in games isn’t as positive as Ennis. For example, Ennis MK Dons performance was very good. Yet he was living off scraps but still affected the game. Hardie runs the channels. Has better awareness of his team mates and provided some great assists.

Mar 14, 2009
cheshiregreen":25qb0gm8 said:
Ahead of ever present Cooper, MGM?

Good shout.

I think he has had a good season. Yes you can argue about his ability to command his six yard box when the crosses come. All these people that blame him for certain goals l just don’t get. Especially with the defence being as error prone as it is.

Without Jephcott’s goals earlier in the season we would of been in more trouble points wise. I think just for that alone he should win it.

Moving forward. Jephcott doesn’t have the pace of an Ennis or Hardie. So he will need to get stronger in order to play at a higher level if he can continue to score goals regularly.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If I were to award the player of the year and young player of the year right now I’d give it to Edwards (Conor Grant close second for me) and Jephcott. But I think the longer Jephcott doesn’t score that young player of the year will go to Mike Cooper.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
JannerinCardiff":1munqffc said:
If I were to award the player of the year and young player of the year right now I’d give it to Edwards (Conor Grant close second for me) and Jephcott. But I think the longer Jephcott doesn’t score that young player of the year will go to Mike Cooper.

Joe in the mix but a fair few ahead of Conor in my opinion

Jul 12, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":33o5l6xt said:
He needs to be signed up for next season. He seems to enjoy being at Argyle. Be good for him to see out his career with us. People love his effort but he’s a really, really good footballer. Control is very good. Passing good. He’s very hard to shake off the ball with a low centre of gravity. Positional sense excellent. He can run with the ball. And he knows where the goal is. What’s not to like? Definitely player of the season when you look at it in the round.
I agree we need to offer Edwards a new contract.He is Mr Reliable and always give 100%.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
To be honest I thought he would struggle to make a mark in this division and would be a squad player rather than an important member of the team. I'm pleased to be proved wrong, he has been one of our most consistent and strongest performers this season. Eight goals is a great return, comfortably outscoring Mayor who plays much more offensively generally. They bring very different qualities to the team and Mayor is a marked man by opposing teams but half a dozen goals should be the minimum goal return by Mayor from the positions he gets into.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Doyley43":1miitaxd said:
JannerinCardiff":1miitaxd said:

Joe in the mix but a fair few ahead of Conor in my opinion

Conor has I think 11 assists and 4 goals - he’s had a good season in my book.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
When i first saw Edwards play in midfield at the start of his Argyle career,i saw a physical resemblance to Graham Cary, but an equally impressive energy and drive about his play,liked that in him.

Jul 3, 2013
Metal_Green_Mickey":9urjf884 said:
up_the_line":9urjf884 said:

Player of the season. Camara a close second.

Attitude, work rate. Goals. Good leader.

My only gripe is the guy doesn’t play in CM.

If we play this system next season we need full backs / wide men so at least Camara can play in the middle. We would see such energy in the middle of the park with those two and already seen both of them can score goals.

Build the team around them. We have building blocks in place like Ennis.

However, it’s amazing how the change of formation can bring out the best in players eg Aimson.

Let me get this correct, Edwards is your player of the season for doing such a good job and scoring some great goals from his current position and you want to move him.