Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 31 March | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 31 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Wednesday 31 March

Ryan Lowe's press conference ... club You Tube.

Based on all-time average home attendances Argyle have been placed in 21st place in the Championship (41st overall) with an average attendance of 12,103 ... Fan Banter.

Ryan Lowe is 19th on the list of longest serving managers in the EFL .... link.

Timing of goals scored this season
Minutes:
0 to 15 - 14 goals (the best in League One).
16 to 30 - 4.
31 to 45 - 9.
46 to 60 - 4 (joint worst in league).
61 to 75 - 5.
76 to 90 - 13 (joint second best in league).
Timing of goals conceded this season
Minutes:
0 to 15 - 10 goals.
16 to 30 - 7.
31 to 45 - 9.
46 to 60 - 10 (third worst in league).
61 to 75 - 18 (worst in league)
76 to 90 - 6 (joint third best in league).

The first female referee appointed to the EFL will take charge of a game in League Two on Monday ... The Guardian.

Sep 6, 2006
Site Manager":tmxznvs0 said:
Wednesday 31 March

Based on all-time average home attendances Argyle have been placed in 21st place in the Championship (41st overall) with an average attendance of 12,103 ... Fan Banter.

Minutes:
16 to 30 - 4.
31 to 45 - 9.
61 to 75 - 5.
Minutes:
0 to 15 - 10 goals.
16 to 30 - 7.
31 to 45 - 9.

The first female referee appointed to the EFL will take charge of a game in League Two on Monday ... The Guardian.

So we had the stattos going on endlessly after Saturday about why we concede goals after h.t and there the stats show only more than minutes 30 to 45!

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Do you think the fact we’re in the promotion places based on first half performances and in the relegation places based on second half performances is irrelevant?

The fact we have conceded nine goals between 31-45 minutes is in my opinion due to the fact we’ve had a couple of battering’s hence why our first half goal difference is only +1 but surely the eighteen conceded between 61-75 minutes is more concerning?

Given the fact the management team are being driven by the data I’m sure they will look at all of it.

As for teams not watching us and how we play, I think they do, but a lot of the teams at our level are going to back the way they play as being good enough to deal with us at the start.

Look how long it took us to change our system, we didn’t change the way we set up week in week out we stuck rigidly with 3-5-2 and only really changed anything in game after the horse had bolted.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The question is - do the management look at data on how not to concede or how to score more

Maybe that should be their project over the close season

Jul 12, 2016
mutley marvel":1cd9hdkj said:
The question is - do the management look at data on how not to concede or how to score more

No data in the world can foresee individual errors. You can train as much as you like and analyse every move but football is not an exact science.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":3e8ri3sc said:
Site Manager":3e8ri3sc said:
Wednesday 31 March

Minutes:
16 to 30 - 4.
31 to 45 - 9.
61 to 75 - 5.
Minutes:
0 to 15 - 10 goals.
16 to 30 - 7.
31 to 45 - 9.

So we had the stattos going on endlessly after Saturday about why we concede goals after h.t and there the stats show only more than minutes 30 to 45!

And interestingly we concede exactly the same amount of goals in the first 15 mins of each half (10 goals). It appears defensively we don’t hit the ground running at the start of play in each half. But for me the telling statistic is the 18 goals conceded in the middle of the second half (18 goals) which is nearly double the next worst 15 min period in the match.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mutley marvel":3eyb7q9h said:

Their project over the season should be signing a Sonny Bradley clone; a David Fox (or even better; a Steve McCall my lord) clone; and a Trigger clone.
Do that then you can read yer stats! :scarf:

Aug 4, 2011
Pogleswoody":2klph7t5 said:
mutley marvel":2klph7t5 said:

Their project over the season should be signing a Sonny Bradley clone; a David Fox (or even better; a Steve McCall my lord) clone; and a Trigger clone.
Do that then you can read yer stats! :scarf:
For me Jephcott will develop into a trigger. He already has that hold up / win a free kick aspect to his game and knows where the net is.
On the evidence of the blackpool game Woods reminded me of Bradley. Haven’t rated him on previous showing but looked good in a back 4 playing a no nonsense role. Bradley wasn’t blessed with pace at all, and his passing was ok at best - not quite sure if those are the sort of players Lowe wants to fit his style however

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I agree that Woods looked really strong an quite commanding on Saturday. There's something in him.

Looking at those stats, the other interesting aspect is the way that we tend to score at the beginnings and endings of games.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I like Opoku and Woods but the latter seems to get on with the business without drawing much attention to himself (apart from one notable sending off offence!). The job he did on Saturday with a very physical striker in Yates was impressive.