1) Watts fit enough to take a place among the subs with MacLeod making way, but Watts either not fit enough to start or Lowe again opted to go with a flat 4. Lewis, despite less than rave reviews among some Pasoti users, retained his place in an unchanged starting line up.
2) Reasonably slow start for Argyle until a corner was worked across the Wimbledon box and Woods with a lovely flicked finish set Argyle in the lead. Minutes later and a fierce Mayor drive hit the goalie who knew little about it. Couple of chances for Hardie (who perhaps could have done better with the first) in quick succession, as Argyle dominated.
3) Argyle confident to pass it around in their own third of the pitch, sometimes a loose pass gave Wimbledon an opportunity. Lewis and Grant notably culpable. Good work from Hardie in hassling defenders set up Ennis for a shot that was blocked by a defender with the keeper beaten. Defence at 6s and 7s at a corner was just about scrambled away.
4) Wimbledon had some good patches as did Argyle, and the halftime scoreline reflected Argyle's more clinical finishing. Lewis in attack had a good half, Mayor and Camara more involved than last game. Aimson and Woods had good halves as did Hardie. Cooper did what he had to when called on.
5) No changes at half-time for Argyle. The big question was whether we would manage to keep concentration levels up for once at the start of the second - we gave them an early chance but Wimbledon failed to take it.
6) As the half wore on it felt increasingly like Wimbledon would create a convertible chance at some point. I was expecting Lowe to revert to a 3 as we struggled to get into the half. As it was Lowe opted to replace Hardie with Jephcott to little effect to the rhythm of the game. Argyle resorted to hitting it long and a result we had little possession
7) The half was passing Mayor and Camara past again and Fornah and Grant were also quiet. Lewis was replaced by Watts with around 20 to go, Grant moved to LWB. Different system but same issues for Argyle. Woods went down injured. With 10 men we looked all at sea. Reeves and Moore replaced Woods and Ennis. Fornah went into the 3 with Reeves as the screen.
8 ) Grant went down injured as Wimbledon pressed in the last 5 minutes. Cooper was a spectator as a free header flashed wide, Fornah nowhere near the man. Moore had a couple of chances to break away but we didn't put anything coordinated together.
9) Ugly win for Argyle. Cooper had a solid game without doing anything too spectacular. All 4 forwards had little given to them by a midfield which was ineffective in the second half. No-one had a stand out game and no-one had a mare. Woods probably motm, just over Aimson.
Michael Cooper - 7
Joe Edwards - 7
Will Aimson - 8
Sam Woods - 8
Adam Lewis - 7
Tyrese Fornah - 6
Connor Grant - 6
Panutche Camara - 6
Danny Mayor - 6
Ryan Hardie - 6
Niall Ennis - 6
Luke McCormick - unused
Kelland Watts - 5
Ollie Tomlinson - unused
Ben Reeves - 5
Byron Moore - 5
Klaidi Lolos - unused
Luke Jephcott - 5