Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

Easter Monday 5 April, kick-off 3pm, Montgomery Waters Meadow

The Countdown to Shrewsbury Town

Saturday

Referee
The referee for the game is former Premier League official Bobby Madley, so far this season he has issued 84 yellow cards and four reds in 27 games. Madley was sacked by Professional Game Match Officials Limited in 2018 and is now making a comeback in League One and Two and was the man in the middle for Argyle's 2-0 away win against Swindon Town in January.
He will be assisted on Monday by Peter Gooch and Andrew Dallison while the fourth official is Chris Husband.

Shrewsbury Analysis
Strengths
Defending set pieces.
Weaknesses
Avoiding offside.
Keeping possession of the ball.
Defending counter attacks.
Protecting the lead.
Defending against through ball attacks.
Style of Play
Play with width.
Long balls.
Take long shots.
Attacking down the left.
Rotate their first eleven.

They Played For Both
Niall Ennis, Niall Canavan, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, Mick Heathcote, Peter Whiston, Scott Partridge, Guy Madjo, Gary Megson, Freddie Ladapo, David Fox, Darren Currie, Lionel Ainsworth, David Button, Leon Clarke, Simon Collins, Graham Coughlan, Russell Coughlin, Rory Fallon, Steve Guinan, Oliver Norburn, Darren and Jason Rowbotham, Kevin and Luke Summerfield, Gozie Ugwu, Nathan Thomas. Any more?

Current League Form
02/04/21: L Northampton 1 - 0 Shrewsbury.
27/03/21: L Shrewsbury 1 - 2 Portsmouth.
23/03/21: W Burton 1 - 2 Shrewsbury.
20/03/21: D Shrewsbury 1 - 1 Hull City.
13/03/21: D Charlton 1 - 1 Shrewsbury.
09/03/21: W Rochdale 0 - 2 Shrewsbury.

Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill is currently recovering from a severe bout of Covid-19 and subsequent Covid-pneumonia, the 56-year old spent nearly 50 days in hospital and has kept in regular contact by phone with the team and stand-in manager Aaron Wilbraham.

Sunday

According to Sky Bet Shrewsbury are 5/4 to win the game, a win for the Greens has odds of 11/5 and the draw is on offer at 21/10.

Argyle have played at Shrewsbury 25 times, winning five games, drawing seven and losing 13.

Purchase your iFollow match pass ... here.

Stand-in Salop manager Aaron Wilbraham looks ahead to the game ... Shrewsbury club website.

Focus on Plymouth Argyle ... Shrewsbury club website.

Monday

Drew Savage and David Norris are the match commentators for BBC Radio Devon.

Match preview ... club website.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
saxman":2ic89d5r said:
Putting aside the reason for his fall from grace, it will be interesting to watch how an ex Prem. ref controls the match.
He was the ref when we beat Swindon in January and, from memory, I think he was very good.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Balham_Green":3g7vbv0e said:
saxman":3g7vbv0e said:
Putting aside the reason for his fall from grace, it will be interesting to watch how an ex Prem. ref controls the match.

What was the reason?
I think he sent a video that was in poor taste to a "mate" who then shopped him to PL/FA. My memory is that it was to do with a disabled man but that Madeley was actually trying to take the mick out of himself. Some saw him as silly, some saw it as not PC but not a sacking offence and some saw it as outrageous.
As ever the PL had no choice but to go with the latter.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Balham_Green":o8jalam8 said:
saxman":o8jalam8 said:

What was the reason?

I believe he posted an inappropriate social media comment/joke comparing his running to a disabled child in a sports day competition

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Keepitgreen":3f8p1wzm said:
saxman":3f8p1wzm said:
He was the ref when we beat Swindon in January and, from memory, I think he was very good.

I agree, I thought he was good.

Jul 15, 2011
Cobi Budge":3eduivzg said:
Always worth bumping this video when this fixture comes around. What a moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6nLO9gFsuw

I was there with a very badly broken leg in plaster and on crutches...made it hard for the jumping around when that goal went in!
I was sat at the back in an extra legroom disabled area...but today surprised to see myself standing in that video (I'm right at the back) clapping with both hands....must have been hopping on one leg...haha
..happy days...

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Shrewsbury were unbeaten at home that season. Us (21st), Northampton (20th), Wombles (16th), Aldershot (11th) and Oxford (9th) were the only sides to take points off them at home. Of those only Northampton didn't win the return fixture.

Looking on GoS it would be appear that Nance started his coaching career with Argyle and bar a short stint when Sheridan was here making everyone miserable steadying the ship he has been here ever since. Fantastic service!

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
slingsby_pobble":2jbqz3wh said:
I read on here that Woods is out with hamstring injury. Is Opoku available yet or still serving suspension?

Sure I read Opoku, Sawyer and McCloud were all available