Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Worthy of its own thread.

Players under contract for next season
Michael Cooper, George Cooper, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis, Panutche Camara, Adam Randell, Brandon Pursall.

Players out of contract this summer
Luke McCormick, Jack Ruddy, Conor Grant, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards, Byron Moore, Lewis Macleod, Gary Sawyer, Klaidi Lolos, Ben Reeves, Danny Mayor, Jarvis Cleal, Ryan Law, Ollie Tomlinson, Scott Wootton (out on loan), Frank Nouble (out on loan).
End of loan: Jerome Opoku, Kell Watts, Tyrese Fornah, Adam Lewis, Sam Woods.
Unknown: Rubin Wilson, Finley Craske, Ethan Mitchell, Scott Crocker.

I think Mayor's tour of duty with Lowe is over and he'll head back up north.
I reckon Moore, Reeves and Macleod will also leave.
Edwards and Aimson will stay and I think McCormick and Sawyer will each be offered another year.
Nouble and Wootton will obviously be gone.

The fly in the ointment for the players is Covid affecting the budgets of every lower league club so if they are actually offered a new contract they will be wise to accept with no guarantee that other clubs will be in a position to offer good contracts.

It will be a big rebuilding job for Lowe and his staff this summer.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Is there any basis for this idea that Danny Mayor is itching to head back to the north? I’ll admit that I’m not in the know about players circumstances/lives but the little I have heard (from my daughter) suggested that he loves life down here.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We dont know what goes on behind closed doors. Argyle are very good at keeping their cards close to their chest & their business dealings private.

With regard to DM he is very much RLs player- i think the only time he would leave would be if RL left

Whoever stays i hope it is for the right reasons COVID has probably decided the players mindset of whether they stay for continuity or for the gamble of a bigger paycheck or signing on fee- i doubt very much bigger teams in league 1 or the championship will be splashing the cash in the close season as all EFL clubs have felt the financial strain this season

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":dgt5b9rh said:
Is there any basis for this idea that Danny Mayor is itching to head back to the north? I’ll admit that I’m not in the know about players circumstances/lives but the little I have heard (from my daughter) suggested that he loves life down here.

None whatsoever, hence the term 'I think ... '

Mar 14, 2009
I don’t think Mayor will leave. It’s just a hunch. Him and RL like working together. However, next season we need another skilful outlet as well so we can take the pressure off him, especially when he isn’t playing well.

As long as we keep Camara and Edwards then ld be disappointed if some left, but not gutted.

We need decent full backs. We need someone who is good at taking set pieces. I know Conor Grant has scored a couple of great free kicks but lm talking about delivery from free kicks and corners. We need more physical presence for both penalty boxes. Certainly we need a physical player up front so Ennis, Hardie or Jephcott can play off. When we struggle with possession we boot the ball up pitch, like yesterday, and struggle retaining possession.

An experienced head perhaps to help the younger players.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
As posted on a different thread last week, the recruitment is especially key this summer because tactically we may decide to use a flat back four at times0. Typically, I expect Lowe will play three at the back, but, he may want the flexibility to use a four too.

As throughout the club, teams are being coached to play the same way, the occasional flirt with a four may rely on the seasoned pros as opposed to bringing a youngster in to that alien system.

Careful research needed tio identify people able to adapt to both systems. No view from the OP on the relative youngsters Law and Lolos and whether we will retain them. They will be getting minutes probably from around game 42 on to make a case. Suspect they may not make the cut. Maybe it depends on who makes it known they won't be wearing green next season.

Personally I can't see Sawyer getting a playing offer. He's been unfortunate this season, but, those 2 reds for similiar mistimed tackles in League 2 make me doubt if he can be utilised in a higher League. Money might be tight, it may be better used on an up and coming rather than a near the end of career defender especially if Argyle can sign a couple of seasoned and dominant CBs under 30.

Sure the rumours will be underway soon.

Feb 9, 2021
The Doctor":3htuam07 said:
I think of the 4 senior players out of contract this season (Will Joe Danny and Conner) 3 will stay and 1 will leave
I expect Danny to stay for 2 reasons , one his relationship with Lowe and the fact he never gets left out or even subbed! .This would not happen at any other club
Will again due to his relationship with the manager plus he has proved to be a good defender in a back 4
Joe will again sign as hes from the south west coupled with like Danny being nearly 31 so he wont want to uproot when at a great club like ours already
I think Conner will be the one to leave out of the 4
mainly due to how easy he has found league 1 this season this is before we talk about his assists and exceptional goals all be only 4 of them
He will be only 26 next season also not even near his peak but experienced in a number of positions
this is what clubs look for in a player , good stats and a free transfer
I hope I'm wrong and we have already tied him and the other 3 up for next season because if we havent then that is a big gamble and massive mistake by the manager
only time will tell
just glad Pan is under contract as he has been great

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I think that Luke McCormick, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards and Danny Mayor will be re-signed

No idea about Jarvis Cleal, Ryan Law and Ollie Tomlinson

To go : Byron Moore, Lewis Macleod, Gary Sawyer (sadly !), Klaidi Lolos, Ben Reeves,

Loanees that If available might be signed - Tyrese Fornah, Sam Woods

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
PL2 3DQ":11r45mar said:
Worthy of its own thread.

Players under contract for next season
Michael Cooper, George Cooper, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis, Adam Randell, Brandon Pursall. Also possibly Panutche Camara and Conor Grant, both unconfirmed.

Players out of contract this summer
Luke McCormick, Jack Ruddy, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards, Byron Moore, Lewis Macleod, Gary Sawyer, Klaidi Lolos, Ben Reeves, Danny Mayor, Jarvis Cleal, Ryan Law, Ollie Tomlinson, Scott Wootton (out on loan), Frank Nouble (out on loan).
End of loan: Jerome Opoku, Kell Watts, Tyrese Fornah, Adam Lewis, Sam Woods.
Unknown: Rubin Wilson, Finley Craske, Ethan Mitchell, Scott Crocker.

I think Mayor's tour of duty with Lowe is over and he'll head back up north.
I reckon Moore, Reeves and Macleod will also leave.
Edwards and Aimson will stay and I think McCormick and Sawyer will each be offered another year.
Nouble and Wootton will obviously be gone.

The fly in the ointment for the players is Covid affecting the budgets of every lower league club so if they are actually offered a new contract they will be wise to accept with no guarantee that other clubs will be in a position to offer good contracts.

It will be a big rebuilding job for Lowe and his staff this summer.

Up to the last sentence I agree fully with that. Likewise I see Mayor going back up north with George Cooper taking his place in the starting 11. Randell will return to feature regularly and therefore no need for Fornah AND MacLeod.

I expect Watts, Woods and Opoku to be signed again for another year either permanently or on a loan extension. Surprising perhaps but I also expect Lewis to be signed up.

Therefore I don't expect a vast number of changes but I do expect Sawyer, McLeod, Moore, Reeves and Mayor to move on and replacements to arrive.

Law to go on loan to Torquay
Lolos a year extension
Cleal - who knows
Tomlinson - thank you and good luck

Aug 5, 2016
With regards to the OP, I don't see why Sawyer would get another 12 month deal at League One level. Unless he wants to become a defensive coach.

May 28, 2019
Dorset Pilgrim":1wx78c5i said:
I think that Luke McCormick, Will Aimson, Joe Edwards and Danny Mayor will be re-signed

To go : Byron Moore, Lewis Macleod, Gary Sawyer (sadly !), Klaidi Lolos, Ben Reeves,

personally, having watched lolos a lot in youth games unlike many on here, judging him on a odd 10 minutes coming on to a team being well beaten, and a team not creating anything is unfair, i would like to see him get another year, also ryan law tomilinson as well , the board forward plan is to bring on our own youngsters, hopefully we can bring in some experienced players along side them ,and not other clubs youngsters, only have loans if we really need them ...

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
greybeard-kernow":3gxwtaas said:
Dorset Pilgrim":3gxwtaas said:

personally, having watched lolos a lot in youth games unlike many on here, judging him on a odd 10 minutes coming on to a team being well beaten, and a team not creating anything is unfair, i would like to see him get another year, also ryan law tomilinson as well , the board forward plan is to bring on our own youngsters, hopefully we can bring in some experienced players along side them ,and not other clubs youngsters, only have loans if we really need them ...
I also watched Klaidi in the youth and thought he had a bit of an attitude problem. I think Ryan Lowe alluded to that (in not so many words) part way through the season. Hopefully they've been working on that part of his game with him.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I hope that Ryan Law is given another year. Going forward, he looks good and can link up well with Mayor and his crossing is good.
He probably needs to improve on his defensive skills; pace and positioning, in particular, but I would prefer to see him given the opportunity rather than another loan signing like Lewis.

Jun 26, 2006
As has been said elsewhere recruitment is key this summer possibly more than just about any other year. The disappointment for me this season gas been how we went from having the potential to be almost play off contenders to having to have one eye in the rear view mirror just in case .
Last summer I think we should have brought in full backs which would at least have given us the option of playing a back four. I also think that wing backs , and by that i mean proper wing backs , are a bit like rocking horse pooh. Good ones are hard to find. Hence we have been shoe horning people in to fit a system.
I also believe we should have had Randell in our team not in Torquays . In the previous season he was in every match day squad and learning off senior pros . Ryan Lowe went as far as to say he was a future Argyle captain. So why send him out on loan. I think our midfield this year should have been Edwards and Randell , with Cooper and Mayor playing wide and being given the free roles that Cary and Lameiras had , allowing them to switch sides or drift infield.
With a back four made up of ANO , Aimson , Canavan and Conor Grant I just believe we would have been a much harder team to beat.
Onwards and upwards to next season . Clean slate and aim for the stars .

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Personally, I would only keep Grant, Edwards, Reeves, Macleod and Law. But RL and I rarely see eye to eye when it comes to selection :)

I think there will be offers from other clubs for Cooper, Ennis and maybe Jephcott, and I would expect at least one of them to be too good to refuse.