What do we do now? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What do we do now?

Sep 6, 2006
So everybody knows we are safe apart from poor old Rochdale Green who is still having sleepless nights. Danger of the season now drifting away with the players 'on the beach'. Intensity levels won't be the same. Possibly saw some of that v The Wombles. Its a perfect opportunity to play some of the kids. Its great to have an extra month to prepare for next season.
Just a thought though. I am assuming you don't get extra money for each finishing position as Prem clubs do?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It would be good to see Luke and/or Gaz be given a final game, if either are considering retirement that is.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Balham_Green":6lkwdhdh said:
So everybody knows we are safe apart from poor old Rochdale Green who is still having sleepless nights. Danger of the season now drifting away with the players 'on the beach'. Intensity levels won't be the same. Possibly saw some of that v The Wombles. Its a perfect opportunity to play some of the kids. Its great to have an extra month to prepare for next season.
Just a thought though. I am assuming you don't get extra money for each finishing position as Prem clubs do?

No chance of easing up!
RL won’t accept that. Neither should we.
Don’t think we saw that against Wimbledon. What we saw was our usual lack of midfield control after the Wombles came out after having a ‘rocket up their arse’!
We don’t seem to have a midfield option when we need to stamp authority. This has been evident all season.
Great attack but woeful transition to defensive midfield. Danny Mayor goes missing when we need to get ‘dirty’! (Not blaming him entirely, just an easy target). I’m surprised Reeves hasn’t been employed more often in these situations. Substitutions always seem late!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cobi Budge":3mlvzqf8 said:
It would be good to see Luke and/or Gaz be given a final game, if either are considering retirement that is.
I would prefer that Mike Cooper is able to maintain his 100% appearance record. A decision as suggested, unless related to form or fitness, may give the impression to the squad that the club is happy for them to ease off.
However, I do hope that there will be opportunities, not necessarily as starters, for Tomlinson, Law and Lolos to be given some game time to show what they are capable of.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
davie nine":af4mibpk said:
Cobi Budge":af4mibpk said:
I would prefer that Mike Cooper is able to maintain his 100% appearance record. A decision as suggested, unless related to form or fitness, may give the impression to the squad that the club is happy for them to ease off.

I get your point but I was more referring to the final game of the season, as opposed to any sooner which as you say, may give the wrong impression about easing up.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":2xv0rwoq said:
davie nine":2xv0rwoq said:
Cobi Budge":2xv0rwoq said:

I get your point but I was more referring to the final game of the season, as opposed to any sooner which as you say, may give the wrong impression about easing up.
Second half subs??

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ponty":1ng8dygl said:
Cobi Budge":1ng8dygl said:
davie nine":1ng8dygl said:
Cobi Budge":1ng8dygl said:

Second half subs??

Yep, or that.

Aug 8, 2014
Cobi Budge":qwjtw7t2 said:

Not sure why you want to that in this highly competitive division, we are quite gung ho as a team unfortunately a player like sawyer would be exposed.
We have tough fixtures left I want us to finish as high as possible but if lowe believes in the ability of the youngsters then tomlinson and more so lolos deserve a chance

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
elburtontrev":1r484f7z said:
Cobi Budge":1r484f7z said:

Not sure why you want to that in this highly competitive division, we are quite gung ho as a team unfortunately a player like sawyer would be exposed.
We have tough fixtures left I want us to finish as high as possible but if lowe believes in the ability of the youngsters then tomlinson and more so lolos deserve a chance

I’m not suggesting we play them for the rest of the season, just for the final game or for half of it (which will almost certainly be a dead rubber fixture for us), just as a thank you for their service really.

Sep 6, 2006
elburtontrev":3uybg5vl said:
Cobi Budge":3uybg5vl said:

What difference does it make what position we finish? More important to give younger players experience and help decide contracts for some of the marginals.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Cobi Budge":3r0tvaia said:
elburtontrev":3r0tvaia said:
Cobi Budge":3r0tvaia said:

I’m not suggesting we play them for the rest of the season, just for the final game or for half of it (which will almost certainly be a dead rubber fixture for us), just as a thank you for their service really.
I can't see any point at all in a token apoearance for them especially in an empty stadium. They will be 36 and 38 when next season starts and shouldn't be part of a squad aiming for the play offs or better. I think we should try to finish as high as we reasonably can but also should be looking to give Tomlinson, Law and Lolos at least some game time to prove their worth. The pressure is off and it is an opportunity to partly plan for next season.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
RL will not be easing up- he is probably eyeing up a top 12 finish

He probably knows who he will be offering contracts to & who he will be releasing - i would expect a full strength team until possibly the last game of the season when he will probably give the fringe players a half

Sep 6, 2006
mutley marvel":1ugxbt6c said:
RL will not be easing up- he is probably eyeing up a top 12 finish

He probably knows who he will be offering contracts to & who he will be releasing - i would expect a full strength team until possibly the last game of the season when he will probably give the fringe players a half

I hope not. Why?

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
We're away to Gillingham last game. Maybe give Luke and Gaz 30 mins in the last home game, one last run on the hallowed turf....?