Rubbish | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rubbish

Mar 3, 2021
This team is very poor canā€™t defend and donā€™t have a clue to break teams down. The football is uninspiring.

Jan 27, 2012
In the radio commentary, David Norris implied that a Paul Sturrock team would never defend like that. And Sturrock certainly knew how to win matches in this division.

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
gaspargomez":6b39a741 said:
In the radio commentary, David Norris implied that a Paul Sturrock team would never defend like that. And Sturrock certainly knew how to win matches in this division.

Which commentary was this? Did Norris commentate for the home team?

Swaz

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
Pathetic, clueless performance if you can call it a performance. Can we have a change in tactics, style of play please for the benefit of the spectator. Other teams have worked us out. What about directly forward eg Cooper kicks high and long, midfield pick up second phase, into the box for Jephcot/Hardie/Ennis = Goal! Simple. The ball has been moved forward as opposed to sideways and backwards. I've always thought that the object of the game is to score at least one more goal more than the opposition. This can only happen when the ball is moved in a forward direction.

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
IJN":12b280kd said:
I think this was Radio Devon.
Hi Ian
So I take it that the IPlayer commentary with Sawyer was not the Radio Devon offering?

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
meetoo":2a6b51wh said:
IJN":2a6b51wh said:
Hi Ian
So I take it that the IPlayer commentary with Sawyer was not the Radio Devon offering?

It was not Radio Devon with Gaz as summariser and as you expect from a current employee hardly a word of criticism despite a particularly dire second half. It really doesn't work using current players.

Thought Ian Stonebridge was good for the Wimbledon game.

May 8, 2011
meetoo":2ee8c4da said:
IJN":2ee8c4da said:
Hi Ian

Today, the Radio Devon commentator was Drew Savage with David Norris as co commentator.

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":dzj1qlw5 said:
meetoo":dzj1qlw5 said:
IJN":dzj1qlw5 said:
Hi Ian

It was not Radio Devon with Gaz as summariser and as you expect from a current employee hardly a word of criticism despite a particularly dire second half. It really doesn't work using current players.

Thought Ian Stonebridge was good for the Wimbledon game.

I believe the commentator is also a Club employee as the job was advertised by Argyle a couple of months ago.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Rob McNicholl is a good commentator and works for the club. He admits that he is a ā€˜green tintā€™ but then, so was Sparksy, and nobody complained about him. Earlier in the season there were complaints that Radio Devon commentators were more interested in how other clubs in Devon were doing.
I agree that it is not appropriate for a current player to co-commentate.

Apr 1, 2009
davie nine":3d8ge8h0 said:
Rob McNicholl is a good commentator and works for the club. He admits that he is a ā€˜green tintā€™ but then, so was Sparksy, and nobody complained about him. Earlier in the season there were complaints that Radio Devon commentators were more interested in how other clubs in Devon were doing.
I agree that it is not appropriate for a current player to co-commentate.

There were people who complained about Sparksy - I was one of them!

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":ygpunimj said:
meetoo":ygpunimj said:
IJN":ygpunimj said:
Hi Ian

Today, the Radio Devon commentator was Drew Savage with David Norris as co commentator.

Why am I paying Ā£10 to listen to sycophantic drivel when those two are available?