Our enigma of a manager | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our enigma of a manager

Mar 16, 2021
I am afraid that I have never bitten into the Second Messiah status of our current manager.
Having got Bury relegated and then promoted again with a budget that bankrupt the club , he then decamped South and in effect we became Bury Argyle. Something that sat very uneasily with me. We then I feel fairly fortuitously got promoted from a very poor standard League 2, in no small thanks to Coronavirus ,plus an exceptional goalkeeper in Palmer and a very good league 2 midfielder in Sarcevic. Our current squad is made up of youngsters who were already here before him , a load of his Bury best mates, a load of loan signings ,who without being too disparaging range from average downwards. The only players that he has signed that start ( sometimes ) regularly are Edwards and Camara. Although Ennis does look useful I admit. This after 2 years and promises of having mates from Gareth Southgate downwards and players queuing up to play for him. More worryingly he has been tactically outmaneuvered second half by virtually every team this season and many last season ( even those without managers). If our current manager instead of being a sharp dressing Liverpudlian with a high opinion of himself was instead a straight talking Yorkshireman or had a Scottish accent then he would be being lambasted , abused and probably worse. Trying to play like his beloved Liverpool with league 2 players does not do it for me. Never mind the skill where is The pride . The Passion . The Desire .The Wottons , The Fletchers , The Nelsons The Careys , Even The Songo"s. The things that define PROPER FOOTBALL

Jan 7, 2018
Dustysteve":3p69yo54 said:
I am afraid that I have never bitten into the Second Messiah status of our current manager.
Having got Bury relegated and then promoted again with a budget that bankrupt the club , he then decamped South and in effect we became Bury Argyle. Something that sat very uneasily with me. We then I feel fairly fortuitously got promoted from a very poor standard League 2, in no small thanks to Coronavirus ,plus an exceptional goalkeeper in Palmer and a very good league 2 midfielder in Sarcevic. Our current squad is made up of youngsters who were already here before him , a load of his Bury best mates, a load of loan signings ,who without being too disparaging range from average downwards. The only players that he has signed that start ( sometimes ) regularly are Edwards and Camara. Although Ennis does look useful I admit. This after 2 years and promises of having mates from Gareth Southgate downwards and players queuing up to play for him. More worryingly he has been tactically outmaneuvered second half by virtually every team this season and many last season ( even those without managers). If our current manager instead of being a sharp dressing Liverpudlian with a high opinion of himself was instead a straight talking Yorkshireman or had a Scottish accent then he would be being lambasted , abused and probably worse. Trying to play like his beloved Liverpool with league 2 players does not do it for me. Never mind the skill where is The pride . The Passion . The Desire .The Wottons , The Fletchers , The Nelsons The Careys , Even The Songo"s. The things that define PROPER FOOTBALL

Summed up perfectly

Jul 12, 2016
Dustysteve":1aiwodlp said:
This is spot on.Good post. :thumbup:

Nov 11, 2020
Yes, well said, albeit the previous 3/4 games we reverted to a better formation, not really Lowe’s style, and performed more effectively although his precious Mayor was not involved so much. The team is shaped and swapped around too much for Mayor’s benefit.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I dont care about who he his mates with- i care about how he is going to make my beloved team better so that one day we will get to the championship

At this current moment in time he is frustrating me with his sound bites- man up & take responsibility for your shortcomings

May 16, 2016
The difference between him and previous managers is his preferred way of playing always seems to take precedence over the ability of his players to carry it out.

Look how much more comfortable some of ours look in a back 4 with little responsibility for starting attacks outside of getting rid of the ball. The previous manager at least managed to get the best out of some by playing them in a way they could handle.

We've got 4th division players trying to play in a way that's alien to them and a few leagues above their ability.

Sep 25, 2010
Dustysteve":2854r2tr said:

Never read such absolute rubbish and utter crap.

Probably every statement and sentence I sent very misguided.

He did not bankrupt Bury, and they being relegated when he took over anyhow.

It wasn’t his fault for Covid, and has brought in some very good players.

His origins and accent is totally irrelevant, you need to take a good look at yourself.

Jul 12, 2016
Martyn":3citsbbh said:
Dustysteve":3citsbbh said:

His origins and accent is totally irrelevant, you need to take a good look at yourself.
It wasn't Lowe's fault for Covid but every team has been affected arguably us less than many others. "He has brought in very good players" is your opinion. I'm with Dustysteve :scarf:

Dustysteve":f9p7dis3 said:

Have to politely disagree with just about every word on here. He didn’t get Bury relegated. He didn’t bankrupt the club. Face it, we’re a typical newly promoted club finding our feet and struggling for consistency. Getting personal about RL, his origins and accent, achieves nothing.

Mar 8, 2016
What a load of poo. I Can’t be arsed with a detailed response as to why the OP is speaking nonsense as it will just fall in death ears. Done reading this forum. Full of Removed by Site Admin - We have a swear check for a reason. :wave:

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Dustysteve":16m68z25 said:

Hmmm... joined March 16 and this is your first post ?

One for the Mods to check out methinks

Dec 19, 2020
Stafford
Dustysteve":9ii5swbz said:
Wow don't often post on here, but that in the 10 year's of being a voyer of this site is the daftest post ive ever seen. Get a grip.

Sep 25, 2010
oldage":34nlxxix said:
Martyn":34nlxxix said:
Dustysteve":34nlxxix said:

It wasn't Lowe's fault for Covid but every team has been affected arguably us less than many others. "He has brought in very good players" is your opinion. I'm with Dustysteve :scarf:

Not surprised you agree with the original stupid comments, as you are anti RL,

Jul 12, 2016
Martyn":6btvocg3 said:
oldage":6btvocg3 said:
Martyn":6btvocg3 said:
Dustysteve":6btvocg3 said:

Not surprised you agree with the original stupid comments, as you are anti RL,
I am not a Lowe fan because although he is personable and talks the talk , I am far from convinced that he is a good manager.The actions on the pitch seem to prove that he is out of his depth and actions speak louder than words. You are quick to dismiss other posters comments as rubbish and whereas not all the statements are correct I agree with the gist of the post. IMO we would not miss Lowe and Mayor if they departed.Both flatter to deceive.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Army green":3nam97k4 said:
What a load of poo. I Can’t be arsed with a detailed response as to why the OP is speaking nonsense as it will just fall in death ears. Done reading this forum. Full of w@nkers, :wave:

I second this. With the exception of today I have not been posting much on here recently, despite being an active member since 2007. The same agendas appear every single game regardless of what happens and the influx of new posters who just word-vomit onto the page without any thought or perspective, have not only severely lowered the quality of discussion, but it’s made PASOTI an unpleasant forum to be a part of.