-13 versus - 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

-13 versus - 24

Mar 14, 2009
That’s Argyle’s current goal difference versus Adams relegation team at the end of a 46 game season.

The way Argyle are currently playing there is a good chance Argyle won’t be far off this with 6 games to go with their current form.

I lambasted Adams for how he set up that side defensively. I have to do the same with Lowe.

You can’t have players making basic errors defensively on a continuous basis that aren’t even conference / national league level.

The buck stops with Lowe. He is the manager. He has his coaching team. They shouldn’t be trained at a level that these mistakes keep on happening. The worst thing it happens with various different players.

You can’t build a good team if you can’t do the basics of defending well. Two seasons now we have continued to see some horrendous defending. Defending that we saw under Adams. He wasn’t good enough to coach his team to stop these mistakes. Lowe has to start realising very soon this type of defending can’t continue or he will end up going the same way as Adams.

Lowe talks a great game. Now it’s time to prove he can build a team which has more substance than his media savvy words. It’s no good saying you don’t make your team pass sideways or backwards (He said this after match against Ipswich) and then we continue to see terrible back passes like Conor Grant today.

I want to believe in Lowe. Simply because his intent to playing attacking football is better than Adams philosophy. However, it’s just words. It’s time this summer to see actions.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Metal_Green_Mickey":3ssrelr6 said:
That’s Argyle’s current goal difference versus Adams relegation team at the end of a 46 game season.

The way Argyle are currently playing there is a good chance Argyle won’t be far off this with 6 games to go with their current form.

I lambasted Adams for how he set up that side defensively. I have to do the same with Lowe.

You can’t have players making basic errors defensively on a continuous basis that aren’t even conference / national league level.

The buck stops with Lowe. He is the manager. He has his coaching team. They shouldn’t be trained at a level that these mistakes keep on happening. The worst thing it happens with various different players.

You can’t build a good team if you can’t do the basics of defending well. Two seasons now we have continued to see some horrendous defending. Defending that we saw under Adams. He wasn’t good enough to coach his team to stop these mistakes. Lowe has to start realising very soon this type of defending can’t continue or he will end up going the same way as Adams.

Lowe talks a great game. Now it’s time to prove he can build a team which has more substance than his media savvy words. It’s no good saying you don’t make your team pass sideways or backwards (He said this after match against Ipswich) and then we continue to see terrible back passes like Conor Grant today.

I want to believe in Lowe. Simply because his intent to playing attacking football is better than Adams philosophy. However, it’s just words. It’s time this summer to see actions.

Are we going down? No!
Do we try to play football? Yes!
Is Adams long gone and (rightfully) forgotten? Yes!

Why do people keep trying to make Adams appear to have been good for us? I don't know!!

Was he? No!!

Was I happy today? No! :furious:

Will I be tuned in on Saturday? Yes!! :oops: :doh:

May 8, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mlkuf0v said:

If Lowe’s attacking football is better than Adams philosophy why after 40 games has Lowe’s team scored fewer goals than the Adams 18/19 team despite Lowe paying substantial transfer fees for his two starting strikers?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Loses football is brilliant in very small doses but rarely ends with a decent effort in goal.

Lowes football is awful in very large doses which rarely ends with a decent effort on goal.

Loses football is getting worse

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We've been on the end of several spankings, 5-1, 4-0 and a couple of 3 nils but we've never won by more than a two goal margin. We've never hammered anyone hence the big minus goal difference.

Mar 14, 2009
HC Green":10wwrgay said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":10wwrgay said:

If Lowe’s attacking football is better than Adams philosophy why after 40 games has Lowe’s team scored fewer goals than the Adams 18/19 team despite Lowe paying substantial transfer fees for his two starting strikers?

There are 6 games to go. Only 6 goals behind.

If you noticed l said attacking intent. The final ball in Lowe’s team is hopeless though.

The difference is with Adams he set up a team to not lose and still conceded goals. I’ve never seen Lowe bring on an extra left back to protect a lead with 25 mins of the game still to go. And then we still concede.

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
Can't understand how we can put in an all out attacking and entertaining display against promotion contenders Lincoln at the end of February and yet play clueless and shambolic like this today against lower Shrewsbury :problem:

Apr 1, 2009
Swaz":3fzmgpq3 said:
Can't understand how we can put in an all out attacking and entertaining display against promotion contenders Lincoln at the end of February and yet play clueless and shambolic like this today against lower Shrewsbury :problem:

We've actually played better against a number of the better teams. I'd suggest that the good teams concentrate on what they're good at, believing they have enough to beat us. The less good teams work on stopping us playing, which isn't too hard. Lowe's 4-2-2-2 relies on width from the FBs. Today Shrewsbury's LWB pinned Edwards back, negating the right side, whilst the selection of a slow CB at LB disrupted that side. They pressed onto us, causing panic as our defenders faffed around at the back. Finally you shepherd Mayor's runs into blind alleys which opposition teams seem to find increasingly easy.

Mar 14, 2009
Would love to see a 4-3-3. Mayor left wing. Ennis up front. Camara and Edwards in midfield. Woods and Aimson at CB.

The rest we could debate all night for the other positions to fill and yes, l know at right back your taking out our best player this season, but l want to see him back in midfield for the sake of us going forward as a team. Today proved once again that Fornah and Grant are just powderpuff midfielders.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
HC Green":228buveb said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":228buveb said:

Individual quality. Lameiras, Carey and Ladapo are better than our current squad.

I cannot stress enough how diabolical it was for us to get relegated with that front three.

Also “substantial” transfer fees? Any evidence of that?

Mar 18, 2014
That front 3 didn't give a f**k about Argyle, downed tools, and couldn't get out of Plymouth quick enough.

that's why we got relegated