What can we expect on Saturday | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What can we expect on Saturday

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
After listening to RLs post match interview what can we honestly expect on Saturday - will he play the kids as punishment to the players who did not show up today or his he full of hot air

My thoughts are he is putting certain players on notice maybe to get a reaction or to say someone else can take your place

Is he going to be using double training sessions as punishment or a way of tinkering with the system yet again

I dont think he will put is money where is mouth is against Hull on Saturday- why would you play a team of youngsters,kids & few older players against the league leaders you just would not do it

We will just have to wait until Saturday to find out :think:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The same as we don’t have any viable alternatives.

We need to drop the second striker and get another man in midfield (been saying it for too long now)

4-3-2-1 and shore us up. May look a bit ugly but we cannot be so open against Hull cause it’ll be 3 goals in each half conceded.

Sep 2, 2008
I'm expecting another defeat. In fact, looking at the remaining games, I dont think that we'll win another game this season.

I think a lot of players will be moving on so Lowe is going to have to totally rebuild next season. Considering that and his tactical incompetence, I'm anticipating another frustrating time for 21/22.

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
I have been watching Argyle at HP now for 55 years.

I also expect a home win, exciting, entertaining, edge of the seat stuff, winning 4 v 3 as we did against Lincoln not so long ago, end of February :thumbup:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Let us Pray........

Aug 24, 2009
One of the reasons why our form in the first 45 is good is because we are so unpredictable and it takes that long for the oposition manager to work us out, Second 45 we are rubbish and the opposition have a field day. I cannot imagine we will be so bad this weekend hence we will do a Lincoln and win 4-2. Lowe will not make wholesale changes, simply he as nothing to bring in, Reeves as had opportunities and failed, he plays better when he comes on later in the games, it is a shame Woods is out as he was playing with confidence, he is one I would try and keep. I do not this consolidation theory, It is amazing when I read that we would take a mid table finish, if that is the case why bother, it is a bit like running a cross country race and being happy if I do not come last. Perhaps this is the reason why there are so few professional sportsman that have come from Cornwall and Devon.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Our problem has been about the team not taking their chances when on top. How different things would look if we were going in at half time, 2 or 3 up! Alright, Shrewsbury was different. We made very few chances and tactically they got it right from the off. Really feel Lowe's philosophy of attacking football, previous to the last few matches, will pay dividends with a maturing and evolving team. Stick to your guns, RL!

Apr 1, 2009
plymade":20dq8k23 said:
Our problem has been about the team not taking their chances when on top. How different things would look if we were going in at half time, 2 or 3 up! Alright, Shrewsbury was different. We made very few chances and tactically they got it right from the off. Really feel Lowe's philosophy of attacking football, previous to the last few matches, will pay dividends with a maturing and evolving team. Stick to your guns, RL!

Not quite sure how you can say our problem is not taking chances. Yes, it may sometimes be a problem, but it's far from the only one, and in many eyes not the biggest one. Everyone misses chances, but we benefitted in the first half of the season from a striker grabbing his chances, and have scored more than anyone else from 14th place down in the league table.

I also question "maturing and evolving team". Any team evolves over 40 games (though not necessarily improves), but are we maturing? We continue to make the same mistakes over and over. Furthermore, we are about to rip up the defence and pretty much start again. For the same reason I have questioned those who bang on about consolidation - taking the word literally have we got more solid as a team? Yes we can be exciting, we've actually won a reasonable number of games, but most would accept that we are a fragile team, always prone to losing goals, and always with the potential to lose several on the trot.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Dreamgreen":dflbxr8m said:
As I said on another thread, from the advert ... FAIL, LEARN, WIN ... well hopefully :think:

Or as happens in almost all second periods this term - Fail -Learn(not) - Fail again. Sad but true. :furious:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":ro06f5gv said:
Dreamgreen":ro06f5gv said:
As I said on another thread, from the advert ... FAIL, LEARN, WIN ... well hopefully :think:

Or as happens in almost all second periods this term - Fail -Learn(not) - Fail again. Sad but true. :furious:

Argyle games:
Succeed - Half Time - Fail. :sad:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Another loss ...And we will be lucky to score nil....