Hull City
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Hull City

Wednesday

Referee
Ben Toner is the man in the middle, so far this season he has issued 82 yellow cards and two reds in 28 games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in February 2019 for the 1-1 draw against Portsmouth at Home Park.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Robert Dabbs and Michael Begley while the fourth official is Scott Jackson.

Hull City Analysis
Strengths
Finishing scoring chances.
Attacking down the wings.
Stealing the ball from the opposition.
Creating scoring chances.
Counter attacks.
Attacking set pieces.
Creating chances through individual skill.
Weaknesses
Avoiding offside.
Style of Play
Attempt crosses often.
Play with width.
Attacking down the right.
Take a lot of shots.
Consistent first eleven.
Opponents play aggressively against them.

They Played For Both
Will Atkinson, Peter Halmosi, David Beresford, Sonny Bradley, James Chester, Jason Jarrett, Warren Joyce, Steve Morgan, Gordon Nisbet, David Norris, Gordon Staniforth, David Stockdale, Peter Swan, Simon Walton. Any more?

Current League Form
05/04/21: W Hull 3 - 0 Northampton.
02/04/21: W Crewe 1 - 2 Hull.
27/03/21: D Hull 1 - 1 Gillingham.
20/03/21: D Shrewsbury 1 - 1 Hull.
13/03/21: W Hull 2 - 0 Oxford.
09/03/21: W Peterborough 1 - 3 Hull.

Famous fans of Hull City
Singer Sinitta!, politician John Prescott, broadcaster Sarah Beeney.

The Tigers are unbeaten in the last nine games, winning seven and drawing two. The last away defeat was on 6 February at Burton Albion, only their fifth loss on the road this season.

On loan Crystal Palace centre-back Sam Woods has already been ruled out of the game for Argyle due to a hamstring injury.

If selected the match will be Danny Mayor's 80th starting appearance for Argyle, he's also made three appearances as a substitute.

Thursday

According to Sky Bet Hull are the clear favourites to win the game at 7/10, an Argyle win has odds of 18/5 and the draw is on offer at 13/5.

Purchase your iFollow match pass ... here.

Argyle have played Hull 38 times at Home Park, winning 14 games, drawing nine and losing 15. The last game was in February 2008 in the Championship when the Tigers won 1-0. The Argyle team that day: Luke McCormick, Paul Connolly, Mat Doumbe, Krisztian Timar, Gary Sawyer, Chris Clark (Lukas Jutkiewicz), Lilian Nalis, Luke Summerfield (Nadjim Abdou), Peter Halmosi, Rory Fallon (Jermaine Easter), Steve MacLean.

Hull defender Callum Elder looks ahead to the game ... Tigers club website.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference ... club You Tube.

Midfielder Danny Mayor looks ahead to the game ... club You Tube.

Friday

According to the Transfermarkt website the Hull squad is worth £11.3 million, the second highest in League One behind Ipswich Town, while Argyle's squad is worth £2.9 million - the seventh lowest.

Hull midfielder George Honeyman and defender Jacob Greaves are fit to face Argyle ... Hull club website.

Tigers manager Grant McCann spoke about the game .. Hull club website.
"Plymouth are a good team, I think they’re in a bit of a false position, particularly with their home form.
“They’ve got one of the best home records in the league. They’ve got the best home record for first 45 minutes in the league. They’re very strong at home.
“They start games really well. We have to be ready for the challenge. They’re a good footballing team and have some really good individuals."

Saturday

There will a minute's silence before kick-off today and Argyle and Hull City players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the passing of Prince Philip.

The Hull squad flew from Humberside to Exeter airport on Friday afternoon and drove the short distance to Plymouth and an overnight stay in a hotel.

Hull's Josh Magennis gives his thoughts ahead of today's game ... Hull club website.

Match preview ..club website.

Dec 3, 2005
I assume it is a 15:00 (3pm) kick off?

Looking at the 1st half and 2nd half tables, it should be a cracking first half!! :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sinitta!, John Prescott, Sarah Beeney, The Housemartins, Everything ........ but the Girl! .. ........................................................your guys are in for a hull of a beating!! :scarf:

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
When they won 5-2 at Home Park in Oct 1967 was when I first learnt it’s sometimes wise to put my green glasses aside & appreciate just how good the opposition is. We weren’t bad that day, but Hull, led by Chris Chilton & Ken Wagstaffe were incredible.
Does anyone else remember that performance ?

That had better not be the case this Saturday of course !

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ray_Stidwell":3ar7yi5j said:
When they won 5-2 at Home Park in Oct 1967 was when I first learnt it’s sometimes wise to put my green glasses aside & appreciate just how good the opposition is. We weren’t bad that day, but Hull, led by Chris Chilton & Ken Wagstaffe were incredible.

Yes, I remember that game. Hull were very good on the day. Chilton, Wagstaff and Houghton are the 3 names I remember.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I read that Hull's style of play is :- attacking down the right, and putting in crosses. It could be construed that their strengths are Argyle's weaknesses. I hope RL plans tactics to counter hull.

D

Deleted member 9145

I remember Mick Horswill coming back to Argyle playing for Hull (79/80?) and greeted his old team mates with a scything tackle 5 seconds after kick off. It was a horrid challenge, he was booked but would have been a straight red these days. i think Hull won 4-3

Oct 5, 2013
jerryatricjanner":2997wvf6 said:
Ray_Stidwell":2997wvf6 said:

Yes, I remember that game. Hull were very good on the day. Chilton, Wagstaff and Houghton are the 3 names I remember.

Seem to recall that one as well but only for the scoreline, the crowd was heaving in those days reckon 20,000 plus, didn’t know you were there jerryatric, we could have gone together!
One thing always amazed me was that when we used to get back to Callington at about ten to six I would walk straight down to the newsagents, and the pink paper was always in with the match report, never understood how they produced it and got it out so quick!

D

Deleted member 9145

philevs":c5q99fh7 said:
jerryatricjanner":c5q99fh7 said:
Ray_Stidwell":c5q99fh7 said:

Seem to recall that one as well but only for the scoreline, the crowd was heaving in those days reckon 20,000 plus, didn’t know you were there jerryatric, we could have gone together!
One thing always amazed me was that when we used to get back to Callington at about ten to six I would walk straight down to the newsagents, and the pink paper was always in with the match report, never understood how they produced it and got it out so quick!

I always marveled at that too, after the semi final at Villa Park the Birmingham Pink was available at New Street with photos and full report, how did they do that?

Aug 17, 2006
The crowd was 8577 & I was one of them as well. The previous home game with Hull after they got promoted was 15000 plus a few hundred. We won 3 - 1. Happy days!

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
themightykeithfear":1dk9802a said:
I remember Mick Horswill coming back to Argyle playing for Hull (79/80?) and greeted his old team mates with a scything tackle 5 seconds after kick off. It was a horrid challenge, he was booked but would have been a straight red these days. i think Hull won 4-3

That's right, he wasn't a very nice man.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
saxman":2stjjl1e said:
themightykeithfear":2stjjl1e said:

That's right, he wasn't a very nice man.

Yup. My Mum worked for Tony Waiters back then and she thought Horswill was a total sleeze.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
philevs":ximi0pk8 said:
jerryatricjanner":ximi0pk8 said:
Ray_Stidwell":ximi0pk8 said:

Yes Phil, we used to come out after the match and I think the Plymouth Herald football paper was sold outside with all the half time scores? and then down to Hindles in Callington for the full time scores and match report. All we had in those days was the half time scores on the metal square things with letters on at the ground and maybe a nearby fan with a transistor to relay the latest scores. It was exciting getting in the car to hear the results as we left as all the games kicked off at the same time in those days so it was virtually a full list for all divisions bar the couple of teams who tended to play Friday nights. It's just not the same now with fixtures spread over 4 days of the weekend especially at FA Cup time.

Dec 3, 2005
Let's just hope the TEAM turn up for 90+ minutes and put in a performance and hopefully get 3pts!
After all it's my 65th birthday tomorrow :scarf: