Team v Burton Albion | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Team v Burton Albion

Feb 13, 2021
For a number of years I have not been a fan of having loan players - as it is the ‘catch 22’ situation of the loanees getting in the way of younger squad players gaining experience v the team achieving better results due to the loan players being in the first team. This season we have achieved the present league position due to the varying levels of contributions made by the loanees - but on the basis that we are now safe, during our first season back in League One, maybe now is the time for RL to give the younger contracted squad players some match time - and maybe even some of the ‘fringe’ players

The question is whether we would all be prepared to trade potential points from the remaining games of this season for some much needed first team experience and ‘experimentation’ - the ‘catch 22’!

If the former how about this team for next Saturday -

Cooper

Law
Aimson
Tomlinson
Moore

Macleod
Reeves
Edwards

Lolos
Hardie
Ennis

Tin hat on...

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
So far under Lowe our loanees have been players who we may well be able to sign. I don't think anything has changed. Apart from Grant maybe being available the next 11 will be the same as today. Looking forward to it.

Apr 1, 2009
I'm all for giving youngsters a game, with the proviso that they are near enough being ready to give them a chance of doing well. Law and Lolos have been around the first team squad for a couple of years, no problem there. Tomlinson, however, I'm not so sure, because I know virtually nothing about him, and it appears few do. All I know is that he's 18, and was on loan many tiers down at Barnstaple early in the season. Since then he's presumably played no competitive football. Is it really fair to pick him as a starter at this point? I know people will say "he can't be any worse", but blooding him prematurely could be counter productive. If you know something about him that suggests he will do well at this stage, please let us know!

I don't see an awful lot of point in starting all of Reeves, Macleod and Moore, none of whom is likely to be here next season, at the expense of someone like Camara.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cooper

Law
Aimson
Tomlinson
jephcott

opoku
Reeves
Edwards

Lolos
Hardie
Ennis
i copy/pasted the opening post so the formation is not as it reads.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Im still raging from yesterday- i cant motivate myself to think about Saturday, let alone pay my hard earnt money to watch a shower of *******

We have 5 games left now - RL doesnt want to see the season peter out- but the players actions suggest otherwise

If they cant be bothered why should i

The team on Saturday will be the same as yesterday rinse , repeat or will RL throw caution to the wind & give our youngsters - yes our homegrown youngsters a chance

As much as i dont like it - the 5 loanees we have will be played until the end of the season -will they show backbone,desire,commitment, mental toughness- i doubt it very much

Jul 12, 2016
Mark Pedlar":79n9jj8q said:
So far under Lowe our loanees have been players who we may well be able to sign. I don't think anything has changed. Apart from Grant maybe being available the next 11 will be the same as today. Looking forward to it.
The change is I would be hard pressed to sign any of them on a permanent basis.We only want players who will play for the shirt! :scarf: