Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Northampton 5 - Peterborough (A) Ipswich (H) Gillingham (A) Blackpool (H) Sunderland (A) 2H 3A
Bristol Rovers 5 - Lincoln (H) MK Dons (H) Portsmouth (A) Crewe (H) Blackpool (A) 3H 2A
Rochdale 6 - Accrington (H) Blackpool(H) Crewe (A) Wimbledon (A) Doncaster (H) MK Dons (A) 3H 3A
Wigan 5- Crewe (H) Shrewsbury (A) Burton (H) Hull (A) Swindon (H) 3H 2A
Swindon 5 - Wimbledon (A) Portsmouth (H) MK Dons (A) Ipswich (H) Wigan (A) 2H 3A
Wimbledon 6- Swindon (H) Oxford (H) Ipswich (A) Rochdale(H) Portsmouth (A) Lincoln (A) 3H 3A

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Argyle don't feature in that list at all.
Probably a good thing as the bottom teams often get upset results at the end of the season

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":qpijwpwi said:
Northampton 5 - Peterborough (A) Ipswich (H) Gillingham (A) Blackpool (H) Sunderland (A) 2H 3A
Bristol Rovers 5 - Lincoln (H) MK Dons (H) Portsmouth (A) Crewe (H) Blackpool (A) 3H 2A
Rochdale 6 - Accrington (H) Blackpool(H) Crewe (A) Wimbledon (A) Doncaster (H) MK Dons (A) 3H 3A
Swindon 5 - Wimbledon (A) Portsmouth (H) MK Dons (A) Ipswich (H) Wigan (A) 2H 3A
Wimbledon 6- Swindon (H) Oxford (H) Ipswich (A) Rochdale(H) Portsmouth (A) 3H 2A
Missing a game for Wimbledon, Mike.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Ponty":203qlfg5 said:
Ottawa Green":203qlfg5 said:
Wimbledon 6- Swindon (H) Oxford (H) Ipswich (A) Rochdale(H) Portsmouth (A) 3H 2A
Missing a game for Wimbledon, Mike.

OOOPs Lincoln (A)

Thanks Ponty

Jul 24, 2009
52 points will be enough, maybe not by a lot but I think it will be - you have to go back to the mid 90s for it not to be. Two years ago we went down on goal difference on 50 points.

Dec 30, 2020
third earl of jean":jx88meor said:
52 points will be enough, maybe not by a lot but I think it will be - you have to go back to the mid 90s for it not to be. Two years ago we went down on goal difference on 50 points.

It's plenty. Even if the entire bottom 5 suddenly hit the 2 points per game generally considered to be title winning form over their final games (which is better than Hull have averaged over the season) none of them will get to 52.

The mark to stay up will be at most about 47 or 48. Think Argyle will be 8-10 points clear.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The win against Wimbledon three games ago basically put us safe. The challenge now is not to have another 5 or 6 game losing run and a deflating end to the season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
third earl of jean":72axu1ke said:
The difference now is the points gap between the bottom four and those in our position.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
It's tragic that we're even in this mess. Have no idea what's happened to our talismanic striker, but he seems a shadow of his former self.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
As I wrote on the Elimination Table thread we just need a 3 point swing to take our Rochdale, Swindon and Bristol Rovers and a four point swing to take out Northampton. That basically means that regardless of Argyle's results those four teams need to win all but two of their remaining five or six games. If they do that then they probably deserve to stay up.

Dec 30, 2020
vibratingspider":d2uak9g1 said:
It's tragic that we're even in this mess. Have no idea what's happened to our talismanic striker, but he seems a shadow of his former self.

We're not in a mess - season tailing off a bit but we were completely assured of safety several games ago

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
greenpilled":2xaj7gm6 said:
vibratingspider":2xaj7gm6 said:

We're not in a mess - season tailing off a bit but we were completely assured of safety several games ago
Yeah, that's fair. I guess it's all just a little anti-climatic this season. We were in a decent position until those two dreadful runs hit us. I don't think we have much resilience in this squad, which I guess is brought on by having a fairly youthful setup.

Dec 30, 2020
vibratingspider":3vyc9cqc said:
greenpilled":3vyc9cqc said:
vibratingspider":3vyc9cqc said:

Yeah, that's fair. I guess it's all just a little anti-climatic this season. We were in a decent position until those two dreadful runs hit us. I don't think we have much resilience in this squad, which I guess is brought on by having a fairly youthful setup.

On a thread a couple of weeks ago I gave our campaign a grade of 7/10. It's fairly understandable that, with a young team and little to play for, things have petered out a bit since we effectively secured our safety but I agree that finishing so meekly does risk ending the season on a slightly sour note. If we can't pull 2 or 3 wins out of the final 5 games I'd possibly downgrade the 7/10 to a 6.

Mar 14, 2009
I find this whole situation a bit depressing.

The fact we sit here hoping to see other teams lose in order to secure our league one status because as fans we don’t have much confidence in our team picking up many points from now until the end of the season is worrying.

What a mentality to have as a team. And yet here l read we should keep a number of players. Why? When the chips are down where’s the heart and fight you want to see.

People love a good player celebration when we score. Call me picky but ld rather see that actual player perform on the pitch. Players do care. I get that. However, if your not performing consistently now then what makes us think they would next season?

The mentality and the attitude has to be shown on the pitch. All these sound bites just don’t work for me.

We are a soft touch. A side most opposition would love to play against because it’s easy to score against us. And we are taking this type of form into next season.