Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 15 April | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 15 April

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Thursday 15 April

Ryan Lowe's press conference .... Club You Tube.

Youngster Ryan Law returns from his loan spell at Torquay United and is available for selection for Saturday's game at Burton Albion ....club website.

Nottingham Post newspaper reports that Forest, Derby County, Stoke City and Sheffield Wednesday have all shown an interest in signing Argyle striker Luke Jephcott ... Nottinghamshire Live.

EFL Day of Action at Home Park video ... club website.

The entire programme collection of the late Gordon Bennett is available at auction, over 100,000 programmes from 1940's onward comprising of Premier League to Non-League Clubs including Scottish Clubs, FA Cup, European and International Teams..... MST Auctioneers.

Very interesting. Many moans on here recently about tippy-tappy football and our failure to get the ball in the box from wings, plus complaints about over-reliance on statistics, and yet here’s a simple statistic proving those moaners are seeing a different game. Flaubert was right. There is no such thing as truth, only perception.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Good to see that U16’s won 4-0 at Exeter and drew 1-1 at Bristol City.
Green shoots of our aim to strengthen our Academy?
Pity we can’t have reports on these games on main club website. Always interested to see names of youngsters coming through the system, particularly for members, or potential members, of the Big Green Lottery.

davie nine":155idryb said:
Pity we can’t have reports on these games on main club website. Always interested to see names of youngsters coming through the system, particularly for members, or potential members, of the Big Green Lottery.

Good point. I’ve often wondered why we don’t in this country adopt the idea that exists throughout Europe of playing reserve and junior games in the main stadium before the senior game starts. My friends abroad tell me it really encourages the whole squad and encourages everyone to reach the ground early, so fewer queues and more food sales.

Mar 21, 2006
Surprised at Ryan’s response to Dan’s question “what’s the main thing you’ve learnt from this season?” He said “you’ve got to be on your game every game 100%”.

I expected him to say “I’ve got to sort the defence out” - but there you go.....

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
silkman":1ksbhkvv said:
Surprised at Ryan’s response to Dan’s question “what’s the main thing you’ve learnt from this season?” He said “you’ve got to be on your game every game 100%”.

I expected him to say “I’ve got to sort the defence out” - but there you go.....

He was never going to single people out, but I’m sure he knows what the problems are.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
davie nine":20ukuo8r said:

Agreed. The club website is now just pre and post match video interviews and articles when there is something to sell in the club shop.
There isn't much about the academy or how the young players and young teams are progressing, the Big Green Lottery is all about fans supporting the academy except we are not given any information about the academy.
It could be that furlough, a recent redundancy and lack of media staff haven't helped the situation.

Aug 29, 2014
I subscribe to BGL and think it would be good if we got some academy info relayed back like a news letter every so often that let's us know about our youth players development, games fixtures and so on.

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":oc96n0wp said:
silkman":oc96n0wp said:

He was never going to single people out, but I’m sure he knows what the problems are.
He may know the problems but he has largely ignored them since the season started.

Jul 12, 2016
mervyn":aoejtrdo said:
Very interesting. Many moans on here recently about tippy-tappy football and our failure to get the ball in the box from wings, plus complaints about over-reliance on statistics, and yet here’s a simple statistic proving those moaners are seeing a different game. Flaubert was right. There is no such thing as truth, only perception.
Meaningless stats. You can have hundreds of crosses into the box but unless they are accurate it's a waste of time. It's similar to possession figures.We probably have a high figure but it's mainly because of our defenders passing sideways and backwards.

oldage":34sdjxq7 said:
mervyn":34sdjxq7 said:
Meaningless stats. You can have hundreds of crosses into the box but unless they are accurate it's a waste of time. It's similar to possession figures.We probably have a high figure but it's mainly because of our defenders passing sideways and backwards.

I agree with you on your second point. If we had possession stats based only on time spent in the opponents half then they would be very meaningful.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1nv5zu6e said:
As you know Ian the Academy have got their own website which could tell us everything. Sadly it's 2 years behind.

https://www.pafcacademy.co.uk/

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I tried to use it, Bob, but a lot of the data was password protected due, I assume, to child protection issues.
I wrote to the club about lack of Academy information in March and Phil Stokes replied that he would speak to the media department but nothing seems to have happened.
There was a Pasoti member, ‘ArgyleOfficial’, answering some of Pasoti posts but there have been no posts in 2021. Also, Jamie Yabsley posts on here as ‘JamieY’ so, perhaps, someone will take some action eventually.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":p6z2z52n said:
I tried to use it, Bob, but a lot of the data was password protected due, I assume, to child protection issues.
I wrote to the club about lack of Academy information in March and Phil Stokes replied that he would speak to the media department but nothing seems to have happened.
There was a Pasoti member, ‘ArgyleOfficial’, answering some of Pasoti posts but there have been no posts in 2021. Also, Jamie Yabsley posts on here as ‘JamieY’ so, perhaps, someone will take some action eventually.

The Academy has its own website and Twitter account and both very rarely have anything posted on them.

Recently with games behind closed doors I have been able to follow several U18 games from the opposition teams Twitter account whereas from Argyle you wouldn’t have known there was a match until a match report usually a day after the match has been played.
There is a home game on Saturday but I doubt there will be a preview, also I’m not sure where home games will be played in the future as Parkway’s ground is being refurbished getting it ready for the Truro groundshare.