• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Jephcott out, Hardie in. Law, Lolos and MacLeod on the bench. Therefore RL is sticking to the core of the normal 11 to get the one win or possibly the one point we need to be guaranteed to stay up, so our youngsters may have to wait until Tuesday for a start.

From our very typical kick off, Aimson managed to miss touch, and Argyle won a very early free kick, which Lewis wasted with a poor cross.

Burton then put Argyle under pressure with Cooper saving well from Hemmings and was having to deal with regular arial bombardment from corners and throw ins.

Ennis then had the best chance of the half on 12 minutes when HardieĀ“s pass put him one on one with the keeper, Garratt, on the edge of the box, but the keeper got his body in the way of the ball.

Mayor managed to get some soft shots going goal wards but with no threat to the goal.

Fornah then did his best to give Burton the lead when he lost possession just outside the area, trying to quick step around the on rushing Burton forward who promptly put Hemmings in on goal but thankfully he was closed down by Cooper who made a great save.

Clare had already been booked for Burton, then Watts followed him for kicking the ball away (stupidly) on 27 minutes.
Ennis was in again on Garratt on 30 minutes, this time going around the keeper but was unable to control a bouncing ball with the open goal gaping. By the time he did control it the Burton defence was all around him and he lost possession.

Mayor put a wayward pass back to the defence from 45 yards out and it found Hemmings who again shot wide.

Burton looked the better side but Argyle (Ennis) had the better chances.

Argyle were hard working throughout the second half with the defence still holding out from high balls coming in from all angles. Aimson, Edwards and Opoku were all defending well and Cooper doing everything right. Mayor was also doing good work in defence.

Mayor got booked on 55 minutes, but Argyle took the lead on 69 minutes when Hardie ran on to a long ball out from defence which enabled him to chip the keeper. Ennis came off for Jephcott, Moore cam on for Hardie and MacLeod came on for Fornah.

Opoku was booked on 72 minutes.

With two of the four added minutes gone, a deflection put Hemmings in on goal, his shot was pushed away by Cooper but only to Broom who tapped the ball in from five yards. 1 v 1.

A hard working performance by Argyle and a deserved point, sad it wasnĀ“t three.

MoM Edwards but well done to Cooper.

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
Gutting to lose out at the death. I couldn't see any lack of effort alluded to by some during the game. We took the lead following our worst spell of the game and such a shame we couldn't see it out but overall a fair result. Burton have been on a great run, the best in the division probably since the turn of the year so a little credit where it's due.

May 22, 2006
Dreamgreen":34a0jb30 said:
With two of the four added minutes gone, a deflection put Hemmings in on goal, his shot was pushed away by Cooper but only to Broom who tapped the ball in from five yards. 1 v 1.

Surely Broom swept the ball in from 5 yards?

Aug 8, 2013
With Burton the form team of the league, I'd happily have
taken a point, but.....
Hardie put in a great shift, and took the goal beautifully; reminded
me of the one he scored in the last game I saw live;
could someone please tell Fornah to stop that backheel trick; he's
been rumbled;
Edwards was another candidate for man of the match;
it didn't quite run for Ennis today, but at least he got in the positions,
and their keeper deserves credit;
it looked as though Mayor was under instructions not to dribble;
Cooper is a class act;
we are still very, very sloppy and naive, and I would love to know Lowe's plans
for the defence next season, if he has any;
it was very interesting to hear Branston's views on Opoku;
just as well we got a point today, as we have the run-in from Hell;
bring on Charlton.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
at lonnnnnng last the players had some urgency in a very entertaining match.a welcome point which should be enough.my ratings;

Cooper 9
Aimson 8
Opoku 7
Watts 5
Edwards 8
Lewis 6
Fornah 5
Mayor 6
Camara 3
Hardie 10
Ennis 9 despite his misses

well done to all players and coaching staff

Jan 30, 2016
I thought the commentary from Branston was very interesting especially his take on some players and the way Argyle were not playing as a unit - hope we have him again.

Would have taken a draw today but shame we could not hold onto the lead. Great goal from Hardie, he put a great shift in. Why are some people having a go at Major - thought he put in some good defensive tackles and worked well with Lewis.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Branston did mention wanting to go into management, can tell he can switch into positive lingo and thinking far easier now.

Didnā€™t dig anyone out this time like what he did with Songo a couple or so seasons back. He did allude to the instructions beforehand not to make any negative or frank comments about Argyle players whilst on their iFollow, so wonā€™t have had the greater freedom of speech like he had on Radio Devon.

Did a good job though. Well done, Guy.

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Iā€™ve seen enough of Opoku heā€™s lazy and lacks pace he got caught out by the Burton player for their goal that coupled with last weekā€™s shocker tells me he isnā€™t anything special.

Fornah and Watts are not good enough at League One level. Please play Tomlinson Law and Lolos for the rest of the season Iā€™ve seen enough of the loanees.

Woods though is worth another look next season if available

Apr 13, 2021
Would have taken a point at the start of the match. However, we have again given away another poor goal - two players going for a ball at the same time, leaving their striker with a free run at goal. I cannot remember a season where we have gifted the opposition so many goals. You cannot legislate for so many individual mistakes. Lowe put on a brave face at his post match interview but must be seething again. New defenders are certainly required for next season.

At least we are nearly safe. Even if we lose our last 4 games, surely Rochdale wonā€™t win 5 in a row !