Close season comes early | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Close season comes early

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
It is certainly very nice to be safe from relegation with four games still to play.

However it does mean that I cannot really get all that excited by the remaining fixtures. Charlton and Sunderland at home with fans would be great. But unfortunately no fans allowed.
Beating Sunderland and denying them promotion would also create a nice buzz, but in reality they will be in the play off places whatever we manage against them.

As for a final fixture away to a Steve Evans Gillingham. Yaaaawwnnn.

The only excitement left may be seeing how Parkway progress in the FA Vase, and watching their ground redevelopment ( In case you don't know Truro are playing at Bolitho Park next season so it's having a grand upgrade, with a new pitch and covered accomodation on all sides,nice for Parkway! )

Then looking to see if Torquay can get back into the league could be exciting but the odds are stacked against them as their current points total includes a win over Dover whose imminent extinction means that Torquay lose those points whilst their rivals Sutton lose none having not played Dover. (I think, correct me if wrong)

So it's down to a long summer speculation on who we are going to sign and arguments about the new strip.

But as I said at the beginning it's nice, no, really nice!! to be safe.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I have a feeling Torquay will win the league. They have had their dodgy patch and Sutton are now having theirs. The gap is only three points and there are nine games left.

Dover’s record has been expunged so the table has already been adjusted.

Time will tell!