🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Who is your young Player of the Season?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
If I was asked in February definitely Jephcott but it has to be Cooper over 40 games.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mike Cooper has been excellent from the start of the season. He has made a few mistakes that could be counted on the fingers of one hand.
He has played behind an inexperienced and error prone defence. It is suggested that he is not commanding in the air but I believe that, with a commanding and experienced central defence around him, he would become one of the best keepers in the EFL, if he is not already.
His distribution in the system he has to perform is excellent, more accurate than most of his outfield colleagues, and his long throws out to the halfway line and beyond are fantastic.
I have been fully supportive of Coops from day 1 of this season and it is pleasing to see that some of his early doubters are acknowledging his contribution.
Most supporters accept that he is an excellent shot stopper but suggest that he does not command his penalty area. I’m sure that there is room for improvement but that can be said for every young goalkeeper in his first year as a number 1 keeper.
I think that I read that he is the only player in EFL League 1 who has played in every minute of every league game. Some achievement and I hope that he maintains this record in the last 4 games.
Credit also to Ryan Lowe for persevering with him. He just needs more experienced help back there.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Young Cooper for me, the lad has had a fantastic season.

Mar 14, 2009
There are things in Jephcott’s game which he needs to work on if he isn’t scoring goals. Still had a decent season though for his first full season.

However, has to be Cooper. He needs recognition for playing decently in his first full season especially behind a defence like that.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Surprised at this. Without Jephcott's goals we'd be in real trouble. Without Cooper less so.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Frank_Butcher":2gczjmo5 said:
Surprised at this. Without Jephcott's goals we'd be in real trouble. Without Cooper less so.

I think it is because of two reasons:
Firstly, the vote for PoTS always come at the end of the season where latter performances are fresh in the mind.
Secondly, Jephcott has gone totally off the boil since the turn of the year and Cooper has been pretty consistent through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.