• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Four changes from Saturday, Woods, Law, MacLeod and Jephcott in, replacing Opoku, Lewis, Fornah and Ennis. Well, it makes our bench look stronger !

Charlton include Purrington and Jaiyesimi, who was the best player I saw against Argyle last season (for Swindon).

Argyle dominated the early part of the game. Jephcott had a reasonable chance on 9 minutes but his shot was blocked. Law and Mayor were enjoying good interplay on the left hand side.

On 20 minutes Cooper made his first save from a Jaiyisimi shot, following mis-control by Hardie on the half way line. Shortly afterwards a shot hit Aimson´s arm and Charlton pleaded for a penalty but was ignored by the ref.

Charlton opened the scoring on 26 when Forster-Caskey headed home after Cooper pushed away a shot by Miller which went straight to Forster-Caskey´s head. Watts hand balled on the line but failed to keep the ball from crossing the line and got booked for his effort.

Argyle responded positively, Mayor set up Law for a shot which was saved and the ball went to Camara whose shot was blocked. Camera had another chance a minute later and again his shot was blocked.

On 35 minutes Aimson went off injured to be replaced by Moore. Argyle went 4-3-3 with Moore going up front and Argyle matching Charlton´s formation.

On 36 minutes, Stockley (ex-Excreta of course) got on the end of a cross with a diving header, leaving Woods for dead. Not much of an attempt by Law to stop Mathews from crossing the ball however,

It was an even half overall, but Charlton look pretty safe at 2 v 0 up, unless we can get a more attacking threat in the second half. As was said by the commentary team, our forwards need to gamble to get across their defenders when the crosses come in. Stockley showed them how to do it. They were clinical, we aren´t.

The 46 minute jinx worked again. After Edwards missed our best chance of the night, the ball broke away and a deflected shot went in off Watts for an own goal. 0 v 3. Is there any chance we can park the bus for a few minutes after half time Ryan ?

Before Argyle had the chance to set themselves, Charlton broke away again and they played through Argyle for Gilbey to shoot home from 18 yards 0 v 4.

On 55 minutes a Jaiysimi cross, stepped over by Stockley left Miller free to slot home their 5th goal. Fair play to Charlton, they must be looking to improve their goal difference. It is not doing much for ours ! (All eyes on Rochdale).

On 57 minutes Ennis came on for Hardie, Reeves came on for MacLeod. I don´t expect this to make too much difference at this stage !

Lowe looked like he needed a deck chair in the dug out at one point.

We had a few powder puff attacks as the game petered out. Only Mayor producing anything like a threat on the ball. I feel sorry for Luke Jephcott, he is so off the boil he has become irrelevant in our forward line.

To add further insult, another goal from Charlton from Anuke gave them their sixth goal and he could have got a seventh !

Great and only positive, Pompous are a bit further away from the play offs.

Stay off PASOTI for a day or two is my advice.

Mar 14, 2009
Breaks my heart that as fans we are finding excuses to say why these level of performances are occurring. When it’s poor tactics and game management, week in, week out.

How many games do we have to play badly before we question what we are doing?

I don’t get the tactics on the field. What on earth we trying to achieve playing as we do?

Maybe we will stay up by the skin of our teeth. However, Rochdale proved tonight they have some fight left. We proved we have nothing.

Realistically Rochdale shouldn’t win their last four games. However, it’s not impossible and in football it never surprises you what things happen.

Unacceptable.

It’s this simple. If we stay up he has the summer for a total rebuilding job. If we get relegated he needs to go.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I have seen some rubbish performances in my time...that was one of the best

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
sverigegreen":2va8kf7q said:
One good thing The Super league has been collapsing as fast as out defence in the last 90 minutes

I came into this game feeling pretty good about football and the world.

Typical Argyle to bring me down again.

May 3, 2016
Can't be arsed with watching that carp anymore, I have seen better DJM games.

Wonder what the chairman thought of that performance?

Perhaps donate their wages to the NHS, as they certainly haven't earnt it tonight.

Sort it out Ryan only need to replace about eight of them.

Great win for Torquay tonight.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our Tuesday night home results this season.

Charlton lost 6-0.
Wigan lost 2-0.
Peterborough lost 3-0.
Oxford lost 3-2.
Rochdale lost 4-0.
Doncaster won 2-1.
Swindon won 4-2.

Tonight we had just one shot on target.

Funnily enough we started the game well and forced several corners but it seems if we don't score early in the first half it's game over.
Once we concede the heads drop, we don't rally and fight to get back into the game and concede again.

It happens virtually game after game, we have a soft underbelly, Mayor goes missing faster than the flow of goals, there's no leaders and no fighters.

The whole team is just not well drilled, just what do they do on the training ground? There's been too many hammerings but we never hammer another team.

Law started well and is good going forward but he isn't a defender.
Once Aimson went off we were brittle and conceded three goals in just four minutes either side of half time, one was an unlucky own goal which came just after Edwards should have scored when he had a chance to shoot but declined.

53 points is good enough but the performances are no where near good enough. The last few months have been a shambles.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We’re an absolute shambles.

I don’t think the management team have any idea whatsoever how to set a team up to be strong defensively.

Certain players, e.g. MacLeod and Moore, are a complete waste of space on the pitch.

Other players, e.g. Watts, Camara and Jephcott, started the season well but have got progressively worse and worse since the autumn. Ennis seems to be going the same way.

I’ve no idea what has happened to Hardie.

Make no mistake, this season is not over yet...

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Jul 12, 2016
PL2 3DQ":ic29z0rx said:
Our Tuesday night home results this season.

Charlton lost 6-0.
Wigan lost 2-0.
Peterborough lost 3-0.
Oxford lost 3-2.
Rochdale lost 4-0.
Doncaster won 2-1.
Swindon won 4-2.

Tonight we had just one shot on target.

Funnily enough we started the game well and forced several corners but it seems if we don't score early in the first half it's game over.
Once we concede the heads drop, we don't rally and fight to get back into the game and concede again.

It happens virtually game after game, we have a soft underbelly, Mayor goes missing faster than the flow of goals, there's no leaders and no fighters.

The whole team is just not well drilled, just what do they do on the training ground? There's been too many hammerings but we never hammer another team.

Law started well and is good going forward but he isn't a defender.
Once Aimson went off we were brittle and conceded three goals in just four minutes either side of half time, one was an unlucky own goal which came just after Edwards should have scored when he had a chance to shoot but declined.

53 points is good enough but the performances are no where near good enough. The last few months have been a shambles.
53 points should be enough but we could still be relegated.
That one point to save our season is proving to be elusive.