• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe - post Charlton

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ryan Lowe on Argyle conceding 'Sunday League goals'

I didn't see 6-0 coming to be honest, and I wasn't worried at all before the game. With all due respect Charlton are a good team and they are fighting for the play-offs but we are a good team on our day. I just felt today was nowhere near the levels. Yeah, we kept the ball, we had 10 corners, 14 shots - not many on target - but the desire of putting the ball in the net one end and keeping it out the other end was non-existent. I played Sunday league football, and i don't want to disrespect Sunday league, but that's what the goals we have conceded were like. They were Mickey Mouse cartoon type goals. I have got to give Charlton a bit of credit because they scored six goals, so I'm not coming away from that, but there was no desire, there was no commitment, and I didn't like it."

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hmmm.

Trying to bite my tongue, but I’m not particularly happy with that and I don’t think the players will be either.

You don’t get absolutely battered this many times, without something being wrong with how the team is coached and set up.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Not feckin’ interested in all that bollox - what the hell are you going to do about it is more to the point! :furious: :furious: 3 more bleddy years of this? No thanks.

Old Brown

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 10, 2020
Wadebridge
Whilst he deserves credit for fronting up, comments about lack of leaders, being soft, boys v men, some not trying etc are characteristics of a squad he built and manages. Many have commented on the lack of a leader (Heathcote, Castle, Hartley, Coughlan, Wotton etc) but we have lacked any meaningful leader since Bradley left. Men not boys is his aim - but why not addressed sooner. Written in sadness more than anger.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Old Brown":3ezzzxip said:
Whilst he deserves credit for fronting up, comments about lack of leaders, being soft, boys v men, some not trying etc are characteristics of a squad he built and manages. Many have commented on the lack of a leader (Heathcote, Castle, Hartley, Coughlan, Wotton etc) but we have lacked any meaningful leader since Bradley left. Men not boys is his aim - but why not addressed sooner. Written in sadness more than anger.

Well said.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knibbsworth":3v0o0fda said:
"It's a soft group... there's no winners in there... and I need to get that changed ASAP".

Great, good luck getting those players to play for you again.

I’m seriously resisting the temptation to say he may have l*st the dre****g r**m.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
He's just called his own team out as being soft, and that there's no winners in the team. "The group's soft", he repeated. How on earth does he expect them to play for him when he says that about them? It's his tactics that they follow, and it's clear they're absolutely all over the place at the back.

Draw from his comments what you will, but it feels like a very divided dressing room from the outside looking in - obviously a massive assumption based on some of the comments he's made there, but it ain't looking good.

May 16, 2016
Just watched it. There's not a lot of love and respect for his players there. He skipped over that he'd brought most of them to the club, but if he's sharpening his axe and looking forward to next season, at least he's planning on doing something from his lessons learned stint with Argyle in L1 for next season.

Is it worth the wait?

Aug 5, 2016
Biggs":15yjg2a9 said:
Knibbsworth":15yjg2a9 said:
"It's a soft group... there's no winners in there... and I need to get that changed ASAP".

Great, good luck getting those players to play for you again.

I think that is the point. Half arsed performances, lack of commitment. Keystone cops defending. Do they even want to be here next season? I think Lowe has had enough of a few now.

The whole time he was talking I was wondering which individuals have gotten under his skin because some clearly have. It seems like he cannot wait to have a clear out.

Feb 4, 2020
Ryan..I want to know your plans to rectify things for next season? Fear your 'revolutionary tactics' have been fully discovered now by all n sundry.
Scouser banter not gonna cut it..you got one incredibly expensive support teams for League One..
This project is becoming an irresponsible waste of Mr Hallett's generosity.
I fear, alas, you are out of your depth..want to be wrong...start by getting rid of your expensive mate Mayor

Aug 5, 2016
Andy Maidenhead":3hk4lln5 said:
Ryan..I want to know your plans to rectify things for next season? Fear your 'revolutionary tactics' have been fully discovered now by all n sundry.
Scouser banter not gonna cut it..you got one incredibly expensive support teams for League One..
This project is becoming an irresponsible waste of Mr Hallett's generosity.
I fear, alas, you are out of your depth..want to be wrong...start by getting rid of your expensive mate Mayor

Danny Mayor. The popular boo boy.

The only one who visibly tried tonight and kept trying to drag us towards having a goal scoring chance.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Has the penny finally dropped with him- is he all about saving himself & reputation or his he realising his shortcomings after game 43,

Its alright him slating the players & saying they will be in at 8am tomorrow to see the error of their ways but he has been saying this for weeks & there has been no improvement

He is all about saving his own skin

It would not surprise me if he names the same team on Saturday- he makes all these bold statements but never follows through

He must think we are all stupid