This is Argyle, accept it and enjoy it | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

This is Argyle, accept it and enjoy it

Sep 22, 2020
Older fans know, the disappointment of this season is nothing new. This is Argyle, accept it and enjoy being a fan.

You cannot change geography. Plymouth is a provincial outpost and Argyle suffer as a result. Be it attracting players, travel to games, lack of commerce in Plymouth etc etc.etc.

There is a reason Argyle have never been in the top league and always struggled to to survive in tier two ever since 1903.

Throwing money at the club changes nothing. Dan McCauley established that. Mr Hallett must be learning this too. After one relegation and one promotion we are back where we started when Hallett took over. Yes we have more back room staff but the squad of players looks shot and in need of serious surgery despite all the money.

So this is Argyle. The 'order' of clubs rarely changes. We are unique because we play in green and are called Argyle. We are not going to be a Premier league or even championship team any time soon no matter how much money is thrown in.

Accept it and enjoy it especially when the odd success comes along. Simply the reality. If you want a top club who win trophies all the time go and support someone else. . . .

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
:D
Brechin Hedge":2vfu7yxf said:
Older fans know, the disappointment of this season is nothing new. This is Argyle, accept it and enjoy being a fan.

You cannot change geography. Plymouth is a provincial outpost and Argyle suffer as a result. Be it attracting players, travel to games, lack of commerce in Plymouth etc etc.etc.

There is a reason Argyle have never been in the top league and always struggled to to survive in tier two ever since 1903.

Throwing money at the club changes nothing. Dan McCauley established that. Mr Hallett must be learning this too. After one relegation and one promotion we are back where we started when Hallett took over. Yes we have more back room staff but the squad of players looks shot and in need of serious surgery despite all the money.

So this is Argyle. The 'order' of clubs rarely changes. We are unique because we play in green and are called Argyle. We are not going to be a Premier league or even championship team any time soon no matter how much money is thrown in.

Accept it and enjoy it especially when the odd success comes along. Simply the reality. If you want a top club who win trophies all the time go and support someone else. . . .

Spot on very well put

Jul 12, 2016
We older fans are used to the highs and lows of supporting Argyle and this support will continue regardless of who is in charge. However after many years supporting the greens last night's result was an insult to our great club and one I cannot accept. You can make all the excuses you like but we only want players who are proud to wear the shirt.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ll never accept that rubbish!

All I ask is for pride to be shown wearing the green.

0-6 at Home Park is a disgrace.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i will always support my club but the spineless hammering by an ok side who will not be promoted is unacceptable,the disinterest on the faces in the army of coaches was stark.how on earth he dropped opoku after the encouraging draw against in form burton and replaced aimson with the genuine, but mediocre at best moore, is baffling.and i repeat from a post that i put on last night,mr. macleod is a gamble that has failed mister lowe,why do you persist with trying to get him another contract?

May 21, 2010
taunton
I will never accept that, it's a disgrace. This season when we lose we certainly get beat by a lot of goals, Fleetwood away, Rochdale at home, Charlton at home, Shrewsbury away spring to mind. We have no bite or bottle in the team, we lost that when Sarchevic left.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
Here's a question - have Argyle EVER been beaten by six goals or more in a league match at home before. Not in my lifetime (I'm 72). I seem to remember us conceding 5 at home to Huddersfield (Dennis Law) around 1961 or so. After 63 years of following Argyle, I am appalled at last night's showing. SPINELESS!

May 3, 2016
It’s not losing it’s the way you lose, no effort or passion just can’t be assed.
Get rid of them if they are not interested and if Mr Low can’t do it then he also needs to go.

I’ve seen them come and I’ve seen them go.

May 22, 2006
Still feel fairly numb after watching that.

The biggest home defeat in my lifetime (equalling vReading 1956 before my time).

On the positive side, I was at Hartlepool for the 8-1 away win in 1994.
I was also at the 7-0 home win v Chesterfield in 2004, also the biggest in my lifetime (8-1 home to Millwall 1932 before my time).

Thankfully I wasn’t at the biggest away defeat in my lifetime of 7-0 at Brentford in 1994, slightly lessening the hurt of witnessing the 5-0 cup thrashing at Twerton.

Anyone on here at the record 9-0 defeat at Stoke in December 1960?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I don`t expect us to win every game but I do expect/demand that we try.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":3mes0ct7 said:
I’ll never accept that rubbish!

All I ask is for pride to be shown wearing the green.

0-6 at Home Park is a disgrace.

Hear hear.

The minute you start accepting 0-6 home defeats is the minute you should walk away from football

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Brechin Hedge":o2ka61ai said:

"The 'order' of clubs rarely changes". This is such garbage. Look at some of the Premier League clubs that we used to regularly play in the lower leagues - Brighton, Sheffield United, Burnley. Then look at the Championship - again, it's full of clubs of a similar historical stature to Argyle - Bournemouth, Wycombe, Birmingham, Rotherham, Brentford, Millwall, Luton.

Yes, they've had investment, but it's possible to get up to the Championship and compete, and I believe it's still possible to make it to the Premier League with a strong squad and good management (and a lot of luck) - unfortunately I don't think we have any of that at the moment.

For me, the bottom half of the Championship is a realistic ambition and from there, you never know. But let's not cripple ourselves and accept our fate. Dare to dream.

Nov 11, 2020
In response to the Super League I suggested there was no better time for fans to follow their local team. Then we turn in a performance like that. I give up, well I have this season.