Oxford United
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Oxford

Wednesday

Referee
Brett Huxtable is the man in the middle for the game, so far this season he's issued 90 yellow cards and four reds in 27 games. He will be assisted by Paul Lister and Paul Kelly while the fourth official is Sam Ogles.

Oxford Analysis
Strengths
Attacking set pieces.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Attacking down the wings.
Coming back from losing positions.
Creating scoring chances.
Counter attacks.
Protecting the lead.
Stealing the ball from the opposition.
Weaknesses
Defending set pieces.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Defending against skillful players.
Defending counter attacks.
Style of Play
Possession football.
Short passes.
Attempt crosses often.
Play with width.
Aggressive.

They Played For Both
Paul Wotton, Luke McCormick, Curtis Nelson, Jamie Mackie, Chris Zebroski, Tony Capaldi, Alan Judge, Andy Thomas, Nicky Banger, Deane Smalley, Ashley Smith-Brown, Chris Hargreaves, Ashley Barnes, Dexter Blackstock, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Steve MacLean, Darren Purse, Ryan Taylor. Any more?

Current League Form
20/04/21: L AFC Wimbledon 2 - 1 Oxford.
17/04/21: W Oxford 3 - 2 Gillingham.
13/04/21: W Oxford 4 - 1 Shrewsbury.
10/04/21: W Crewe 0 - 6 Oxford.
05/04/21: L Oxford 1 - 2 Accrington.
02/04/21: L Sunderland 3 - 1 Oxford.

Famous fans of Oxford United
Actor Woody Harrelson, TV presenter Timmy Mallett, Richard Branson, tennis player Tim Henman, TV presenter Jim Rosenthal.

Thursday

A printed copy of the matchday programme can be purchased .... here.

The Greens have played away at Oxford 23 times, winning 3 games, drawing 8 and losing 12.

According to Sky Bet Oxford are clear favourites to win at 8/13, an Argyle is priced at 4/1 and the draw has odds of 14/5.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference .... club You Tube.

Oxford team news ... Witney Gazette.

Friday

Oxford manager Karl Robinson looks ahead to the game .... Oxford club website.
“We come up against a team who had a difficult evening on Tuesday and I know 100% the Manager will have ironed that out today and they will be fully motivated. I know their Manager very well, he is a good man, very honest and does things right. They have really good staff and I am close to them, know how much they love working for Plymouth Argyle and know they will want to win on Saturday."
Purchase your iFollow match pass .... here.

Match preview ... Oxford club website.

Karl Robinson praises the Argyle coaching staff ... Oxford Mail.

Saturday

Match preview ... club website.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
slingsby_pobble":2gn0rmcb said:
Paddy power odds:

Oxford win 4/7
Draw 3/1
Argyle win 4/1

That says a lot.

Ooh - I could get back a lot of my recent losses from my regular £2 bet on Argyle to win with those odds! Roll on Saturday...

Oct 20, 2015
The Doctor":1l51a9fa said:
slingsby_pobble":1l51a9fa said:
Paddy power odds:

Oxford win 4/7
Draw 3/1
Argyle win 4/1

That says a lot.

Ooh - I could get back a lot of my recent losses from my regular £2 bet on Argyle to win with those odds! Roll on Saturday...

Interesting strategy. I also bet on most Argyle matches, though I often back the opposition!

£5 on Argyle this time seems attractive to me, if only because it's a 'funny old game' and the players will have had a rocket up them (or so we hope). And the odds are crazy for a league match.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
slingsby_pobble":3g35i7m5 said:
The Doctor":3g35i7m5 said:
slingsby_pobble":3g35i7m5 said:
Paddy power odds:

Oxford win 4/7
Draw 3/1
Argyle win 4/1

That says a lot.

Interesting strategy. I also bet on most Argyle matches, though I often back the opposition!

£5 on Argyle this time seems attractive to me, if only because it's a 'funny old game' and the players will have had a rocket up them (or so we hope). And the odds are crazy for a league match.

To be honest, I am surprised we are as low as 4/1 to win!

Jul 6, 2011
Contrary argyle will probably win this one, but I'd like to see Lolos at least on the bench and Law to start again. Double up on the defensive midfield. We only need one point.
:scarf: COYG!

May 8, 2011
I was at the old Manor Ground in 1984 when we lost 5-0 and were truly awful, wonder what the odds are for a similar score.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
briangreen":cgvw6l2m said:
Contrary argyle will probably win this one, but I'd like to see Lolos at least on the bench and Law to start again. Double up on the defensive midfield. We only need one point.

No. We don't only need one point do we?
Work it out.
If we get only one point more we finish on 54
If Rochdale win all 4 of their remaining fixtures they also end on 54.
Their goal difference is better than ours.

What we need, if we're going to do this ourselves, is a win...and that ain't gonna happen.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Given our form and the fact that I’m now just feeling ‘meh’ about this season and this team, this will be the first game of the season that I’m skipping on iplayer. The idea of a barbecue in my best mates garden frankly feels a whole lot more appealing. So we will probably win then!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I am thinking this might be the first iplayer game I miss after switching off after 60 minutes the other night but then as kick off approaches I might not be able to resist being a glutton for punishment. Any real interest in the remainder of the season has ended for me. My only concern now is watching to see if one of Rochdale's last four opponents can deny them a win so I can put my feet up for the summer and relax.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
up_the_line":2bu5w10l said:
briangreen":2bu5w10l said:

No. We don't only need one point do we?
Work it out.

If we get only one point more we finish on 54
If Rochdale win all 4 of their remaining fixtures they also end on 54.
Their goal difference is better than ours.

What we need, if we're going to do this ourselves, is a win...and that ain't gonna happen.

We only need one point if Wigan lose.