Ryan can you please.... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan can you please....

Jul 28, 2020
... forget all about pretty football for the rest of the season ?

We wouldn’t even win an egg and spoon race in our current run of form....

The season comes down to needing 1 point from 3 games ( because Rochdale can still catch us)....

.... so please, throw your” football Manual”in the bin for the next three games, play two banks of four, keep it- tight, tight, tight...... we need to kill these games off.... and hit it long on the break, using Hardie and Ennis ...

Blood and snotters only need apply...

.... Lastly but not leastly.... can you please sign some big units ? The transfer window is not closed for free agents is it ?There have got to be some experienced pros available, even if not fully fit ? What’s Joel Lynch doing at the moment ? Any non- league John Uzzells available ?

We need leaders, fighters and scrappers....

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We don't have the players to suddenly play blood and spotters.

Jul 28, 2020
If nothing changes, we will lose the next three and risk relegation...

What you say is true.As Paul Mariner said you need “blue collar” players just as much as “ white collar” players- and the balance in the squad isn’t right...

Nonetheless- I would suggest playing four centre half and four full backs in the remaining fixtures. I remember Sturrock using these tactics successfully- and playing long for our quick strikers to run onto...

We do have the players to do this-

I would push woods and Watts into defensive midfield ( with the brief to tackle anything that moves), and sign a big centre half to partner aimson ...

Aug 5, 2016
There wasn’t much “tackling” going on from those two last night, not even attempts at tackling.

Ben Purrington clocked up twice as many fouls as our whole team, Charlton’s team committed ten times as many as us. And this was no bad tempered game from Charlton, they were breezing through us with the pressure off and playing opposition that seemed unaware it wasn’t a reserve game.

Stats like that illuminate how one side wanted the ball back, even several goals up, and the other seemingly couldn’t care less.

Jul 12, 2016
Ryan can you please explain what you and your extensive backroom staff do during the week?You tell us everybody is working hard to address the issues yet the same problems have been happening throughout the season. Time to get rid of some of them as well as the players?

Jun 27, 2019
Now would not be a good time to change approach so drastically. What RL needs to do is go back to basics and play the team and formation that saw us in such good form from Sept-early Nov and again after Christmas.

There's still a good team in there somewhere, they've just got the jitters for whatever reason and need to be reminded that not too long ago they put together a nine-match unbeaten league run that saw us win away three times in three weeks.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Ryan can you honestly say you need such a big & extensive entourage- apart from the obvious requirements (medical team) are the coaches that have been brought really worth the money- there is a saying throwing good money after bad

You harp on about the players have the best of the best but fans arent interested in that- all we are interested in is passion, commitment, not throwing the towel in , not having to watch continuous horror shows

You always say your staff are working hard but results say otherwise & it has been blinding obvious for virtually the entire season your methods,philosophy does not suit the players we have yet you have persisted, persisted , persisted in the blind hope the penny might drop before the end of the season well after game 43 the penny has still not dropped

Finally why have you not employed a fully qualified Defensive Coach- oh let me guess we will score more than the opposition well that was a serious own goal wasnt it

And why no Plan B - or do you think you dont need one

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Railway sleeper":2w4erldk said:
... forget all about pretty football for the rest of the season ?

We wouldn’t even win an egg and spoon race in our current run of form....

The season comes down to needing 1 point from 3 games ( because Rochdale can still catch us)....

.... so please, throw your” football Manual”in the bin for the next three games, play two banks of four, keep it- tight, tight, tight...... we need to kill these games off.... and hit it long on the break, using Hardie and Ennis ...

Blood and snotters only need apply...

.... Lastly but not leastly.... can you please sign some big units ? The transfer window is not closed for free agents is it ?There have got to be some experienced pros available, even if not fully fit ? What’s Joel Lynch doing at the moment ? Any non- league John Uzzells available ?

We need leaders, fighters and scrappers....
He's already tried that.

It was from the start at Crewe away, and it was (possibly the 2nd 45 against Charlton aside) the worst 45 minute performance of the season.

Jun 27, 2019
mutley marvel":2yk92q0b said:
Ryan can you honestly say you need such a big & extensive entourage- apart from the obvious requirements (medical team) are the coaches that have been brought really worth the money- there is a saying throwing good money after bad

You harp on about the players have the best of the best but fans arent interested in that- all we are interested in is passion, commitment, not throwing the towel in , not having to watch continuous horror shows

You always say your staff are working hard but results say otherwise & it has been blinding obvious for virtually the entire season your methods,philosophy does not suit the players we have yet you have persisted, persisted , persisted in the blind hope the penny might drop before the end of the season well after game 43 the penny has still not dropped

Finally why have you not employed a fully qualified Defensive Coach- oh let me guess we will score more than the opposition well that was a serious own goal wasnt it

And why no Plan B - or do you think you dont need one

Very good post. I still count myself as a Ryan Lowe fan and really want things to work out. There's much more riding on his tenure than his personal career. Simon Hallett has put all his chips on it working out in terms of adopting a club playing philosophy, data-driven recruitment etc.

I'm not saying that would have to be abandoned if RL flopped, but it would be a big setback if the very first manager under the brave new world failed.

We are in for a hugely significant summer/pre-season of recruitment and tactical progression. It'll be make or break for Ryan Lowe and his coaching staff and I seriously hope they have a bloody good plan to sort things out because another season like this one won't be tolerated by the supporters.

Jun 27, 2019
As for the defensive coach thing, Neil Dewsnip was asked that question at the recent fan forum and gave what can only be described as a politician's answer. His response was so fudged that I can't really remember it, but I think it was something along the lines of, 'We don't need one because RL etc understand defending and do lots of work on it during the week.'

You could have fooled us, Neil.

Jul 12, 2016
WoodsyGreen":osbosdh8 said:
Now would not be a good time to change approach so drastically. What RL needs to do is go back to basics and play the team and formation that saw us in such good form from Sept-early Nov and again after Christmas.

There's still a good team in there somewhere, they've just got the jitters for whatever reason and need to be reminded that not too long ago they put together a nine-match unbeaten league run that saw us win away three times in three weeks.
The team and manager are substandard .How many more games do we need to lose before the penny drops for you?We are in free fall.

Oct 14, 2015
As for a defensive coach I’d be surprised if Gary Sawyer wasn’t being lined up for that roll next season. Should we remain in League 1 then with the greatest respect to him there’s no way he’s the answer to our defensive frailties, one year older and unfortunately he’s never been blessed with pace.

I’d imagine he’s been working on his coaching badges during his rehabilitation.

Jun 27, 2019
oldage":1213kmt3 said:
WoodsyGreen":1213kmt3 said:

The team and manager are substandard .How many more games do we need to lose before the penny drops for you?We are in free fall.

You've completely missed my point.