Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think I'm going to do that :lol:

At least if the worse happens, I have a few grand to ease the pain (with half going to the Argyle Community Trust and Academy, of course).

Jan 4, 2016
Only ever placed one bet in my life...Rag Trade in the Grand National of.197x but even I'm tempted....such is my faith in Argyle's ability to achieve the unexpected!! As mentioned previously, it may ease the pain...a bit.

Mar 14, 2009
For this to happen, it would probably be the biggest relegation in our history.

1. Rochdale would of needed to win their last 7 games.

2. All the other clubs would need to keep winning in order to get at least level with us. I believe our goal difference will be one of the worst in bottom four.

3. Argyle will have not obtained one win in the last 7 games. They would finish with 2 wins out of their last 15 games.

4. A team on 53 points would be relegated for the first time in league one.

In other words we would have to see something as big as Leicester winning the league. It’s not impossible but happens once in a life time. Especially with those odds.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Those odds are definitely worth a punt. But they also show that there really is only a miniscule chance of it happening. However, as we know, it would be VERY Argyle for it to happen.

On from MGM's point about goal difference, I am a believer that this is a better indicator of how "good" a team is than points. Teams can get lucky, play teams when they have injuries etc. that inflates their points total (and vice versa), but over a season, if you're not that good, you won't spank many teams and a few will spank you (hello!).

Of course, you generally see this trend reflected with points. The top teams have the best GD and the bottom teams have the worst. There are always a few exceptions. We currently have the 4th worst GD. I think we are probably one of the 4 worst teams in the division. Have we had enough luck to stay up? Let's see.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Wooldridge":2otz0vlr said:
I'm putting a tenner on it. It does ease the pain of relegation, a few beers and pays for the next season ticket.

Would pay for about 4,000 beers and a season ticket :lol:

Maybe enough for one round in London.

Feb 15, 2005
What are the odds on Rochdale staying up, as they have three of their last four games away from home?

May 26, 2015
lyndhurst13":tx8gx3j6 said:
Sky Bet have us at 1500/1 to be relegated.

Rochdale Green, fill your boots!

I'm having some of that as an insurance I don't want to cash in on, but I should have placed the bet a month or so ago when it was clear that we were in our second freefall, which is when I first started to worry.